Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bomber

I got Magner's B/E of 13. Not helping I know, but who should I cash in and upgrade then???

Rookies are --> Magner, Shiel, A. Kennedy, D. Smith, T. Milera, A. Hall

All have cash to make (except probs Smith this week)...

Capper

Quote from: lions(L) on April 30, 2012, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 30, 2012, 04:51:33 PM
Quote from: lions(L) on April 30, 2012, 09:57:35 AM
Im thinking of going Magner > JPK
leaving me with a midfield of Murphy,Pendles,Jobe Watson,Ablett,JPK & Mcdonald,Shiel,D.Smith
what do you guys reckon,JPK has been on fire and wont be this cheap for a while considering his b/e of 67
and also,in my league i have a bye in round 12 because we only had 17 teams so we decided to include a bye team to make it fair
so the bye is not an issue!
when ever some one has mentioned JPK i have said buyer beware as i had him last year and his scores were from 50-110 each week. With socres of 113, 99 and a booming 173 i would get on the train. He smashed his BE of 121 out of the park and he now plays crows, dees and tigers in the next 3 weeks. *rubs hand togther* very worth while.

If there is a down side to JPK is that when he gets tagged by the better taggers dont expect him to get over 70, but no one is tagging him yet

mm do you see any other viable options? or should i just hang on to my trades and cash?
i think i have a slight man crush on JPK atm <3
he is a good looking man.....other options Boyd

Capper

Quote from: The Bomber on April 30, 2012, 11:32:21 PM
I got Magner's B/E of 13. Not helping I know, but who should I cash in and upgrade then???

Rookies are --> Magner, Shiel, A. Kennedy, D. Smith, T. Milera, A. Hall

All have cash to make (except probs Smith this week)...
Smith was the sub last week so he should play the whole game this week and score well 60-80

The Bomber

Quote from: tabs on May 01, 2012, 02:25:03 AM
Smith was the sub last week so he should play the whole game this week and score well 60-80

I am assuming he won't be the sub again as 1. He got a lot of the ball when he came on and 2. Sheedy seems to be rotating his subs around every week.

My question though is won't he B/E be high for a few weeks until that 17 is out of his rolling average? Or if he scores say 70 this week it will drop down to like 20 again?

Also to add to this, I have to trade Fyfe-->Pendles with this 12 week injury :( so now I have 220k. Stevie Johnson in for Devon Smith perhaps? A game against Melbourne might be what he needs to get back into form...This comes to mind because by moving Fyfe to the midfield I have to start 3 rookies...

Mr Adams

G'day fellas,

Big dilemma this week in my rucks.

Current setup - Mumford, Jacobs (Giles, Redden)

Whether or not to downgrade Mummy and get Pendles with that cash (hence putting faith in Sauce and Giles to keep carrying me through), or hold tight, wait for my cows to fatten and use the Mummy cash elsewhere in the coming weeks?

Cheers.

Babylove

Quote from: Ringo on April 30, 2012, 09:50:56 PM
Quote from: Babylove on April 30, 2012, 07:17:07 PM
My team is:

Defenders: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw (inj), R. Hargrave, C. Guthrie, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, S. Morris)
Midfielders: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett (inj), S. Mitchell, D. Thomas(inj), S. Selwood, J. Magner (J. McDonald, D. Shiel)
Rucks: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
Forwards: L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy, D Smith (A.Hall, A. Treloar)

Cash left: $137,700
Trades left: 21

Okay so I could do with some help.  I have a few "problem children" in my line up and a few possible options and would love some feedback.

My biggest concern is Devon Smith.  His breakevan is now higher than his average so I'm thinking of trading him to Pfieffer.  I considered Adams from GWS as an option, but he isn't on the bubble until next week so I think he'd be a better option for next week rather than this week if he shows similar form.  With the left over cash I was thinking of upgrading Porplyzia to Beams.  Based on form v Breakevan I think Beams should get it meaning this would be the week to get him if I were to do so. Doing this would still leave me about $55k for future upgrades.  Porplyzia still has a good BE but I haven't been able to find any info on the injury that forced his withrdrawal.

I also considered Horsley from Gold Coast but as he isn't on the bubble until next week and all my midfield rookies still good Break Evans I was thinking of waiting until next week and get more for him.

My other concerns are Hargrave (he was also a late withdrawal due to injury and I haven't been able to find any info on him), Guthrie and Hall but I thought it would be as I think I can cover them if need be.

What do you think I should do?  Should I do both trades or just one trade?  Have I missed anything I should consider?
Like the option of Devon Smith and upgrading to Beams - With the injury to Ball he will get more time in the mids and is starting to find form. Upgrading Porplyza is the best option given there is a thread saying he is having scans on shoulder. You have good coverage for Hargrave as well so just sit this one out.  I would also be playing Bugg on the field rather than emergency.  Well set up team/

Thanks for the help. With this. I'm thinking that I will go Smith to Pfieffer and Porplyzia to Beams. My only query now is with the news about Ablett today should I look at trading him instead of one of the mentioned trades or is or worth sticking with him a little longer to see what comes of the injury?

Ringo

When he was first injured the club said 3/4 weeks but we were guided by information which said he may even play last week. Personally I thought he would be gone for 2 coming back to play their must win game against GWS. Still believe this so am expecting to see him next week..

You have cover for both Ablett and Thomas in Shiel and McDonald if named. Just looking at your mids are you happy with Daisy in your final team He is $546k with a B/e of 169 when he returns. If not now may be the time to offload him if worried about having both on the bench. If you want to go this way hold the Porps trade.

4INAROW

quick question guys, ill throw my team up to make it easier for ya, my plans are to hold on d.smith for one more week, then trade him and clay for adams and horsely next week.

then shiel to pendles and maybe hall to goodes the week after, thoughts?

currently ive got $603k and going for leagues.

B: goddard, deledio, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg. ellis, morris.

M: swan, murphy, jelwood, magner, shiel, jmac. GAJ, clay.

R: hmac, giles. redden, stephensen.

F: buddy, chappy, danger, sidebottom, porpz, treloar, kennedy. devon, hall.

keep in mind im aware of the risks of certain blokes not playing this week ,e.g birchall, malceski, murphy rested.\

my questions are assuming all goes to plan this week  :)

Ringo

Quote from: 4INAROW on May 02, 2012, 09:19:45 PM
quick question guys, ill throw my team up to make it easier for ya, my plans are to hold on d.smith for one more week, then trade him and clay for adams and horsely next week.

then shiel to pendles and maybe hall to goodes the week after, thoughts?

currently ive got $603k and going for leagues.

B: goddard, deledio, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg. ellis, morris.

M: swan, murphy, jelwood, magner, shiel, jmac. GAJ, clay.

R: hmac, giles. redden, stephensen.

F: buddy, chappy, danger, sidebottom, porpz, treloar, kennedy. devon, hall.

keep in mind im aware of the risks of certain blokes not playing this week ,e.g birchall, malceski, murphy rested.\

my questions are assuming all goes to plan this week  :)
Do not mind the strategy at all. May be tempted to go Clay Smith to Horsely or Pfeiffer this week to give you added DPP protection in case Selwood and Murphy do not play this week as well as Ablett. Clay has a B/e of 37 this week so will not rise much in price and may be the sub again. Wait for team announcements though and then make your decision.

Just keep an eye on your bye situations with prems trading in.

david_89

okay guys, need your advice. I want to trade Milera to Zaharakis. Milera is $228,200 and has a break even of 13 Zaharakis is $431,700 and has a breakeven of 71. Do you think Milera will rise more tahn Zaharakis so i wait another week or should i trade Zaharakis in now?

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: david_89 on May 03, 2012, 12:34:59 PM
okay guys, need your advice. I want to trade Milera to Zaharakis. Milera is $228,200 and has a break even of 13 Zaharakis is $431,700 and has a breakeven of 71. Do you think Milera will rise more tahn Zaharakis so i wait another week or should i trade Zaharakis in now?

Wait for teams.
If Milera is named, wait a week. If he isn't, do the trade.
Milera will easily reach his BE and rise in price more than Zaha this week, (as long as he avoids the vest!).

Cruiseon

Hold fire on Milera lads, he is a week or two from realising his full $$$$$ potential.

Bennyy

Hey guys, my dilemma is a midfield donut

JSelwood, Boyd, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Clay Smith (Ablett, Judd)

20 trades, 45 grand left. What should I do? Want to hold Ablett and Judd, but yeah trade Clay for anyone? And maybe thatll help with an upgrade to Pendles or someone in a few weeks Or should I just cop it.
Cheers

Ringo

Quote from: Bennyy on May 03, 2012, 11:21:08 PM
Hey guys, my dilemma is a midfield donut

JSelwood, Boyd, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Clay Smith (Ablett, Judd)

20 trades, 45 grand left. What should I do? Want to hold Ablett and Judd, but yeah trade Clay for anyone? And maybe thatll help with an upgrade to Pendles or someone in a few weeks Or should I just cop it.
Cheers
If you have not got Pfeiffer I would go Smith to Pfeiffer gives you a DPP to forwards,
Other alternative is Crisp if you like risk maybe only in Brisbanes team for another 2/3 weeks but rookie priced at $94k and has a negative B/E of 49 so will have a nice price rise for you this week. Could be a Straight Swap for Zorko in a couple if weeks.