Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: melowen204 on April 27, 2012, 07:54:24 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 27, 2012, 07:25:22 PM
Quote from: melowen204 on April 27, 2012, 07:20:35 PM
not sure about hmac. Wont he be fighting goldy for a spot. Nic nat maybe a good option. was trying to make a bit of cash too with my mummy trade. Do you think a definate premium is more important than making cash right now?
There are no cash cow rucks currently playing this week as Cordy and Sellar are averaging there BE and wont make you much money.

Goldy has been sent to the 2s to find some form, so HMAC has it to himself.
i think i will go nic nat. will give me $100,000 aswell.

for 2nd trade im thinking either fyfe to dahlhaus   or  coniglio/shiel/greene to old mac
This one is tricky. Let me first of say that i dont have Fyfe, but if i did i would trade him out to a prem fwd (i cant see how a guy can pop his shoulder and then play the next week, he will likely do it again this week). But you need to get Old macdonald in for Coniglio as Greene and Shiel still have negative BEs.

melowen204

Quote from: tabs on April 27, 2012, 07:59:32 PM
Quote from: melowen204 on April 27, 2012, 07:54:24 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 27, 2012, 07:25:22 PM
Quote from: melowen204 on April 27, 2012, 07:20:35 PM
not sure about hmac. Wont he be fighting goldy for a spot. Nic nat maybe a good option. was trying to make a bit of cash too with my mummy trade. Do you think a definate premium is more important than making cash right now?
There are no cash cow rucks currently playing this week as Cordy and Sellar are averaging there BE and wont make you much money.

Goldy has been sent to the 2s to find some form, so HMAC has it to himself.
i think i will go nic nat. will give me $100,000 aswell.

for 2nd trade im thinking either fyfe to dahlhaus   or  coniglio/shiel/greene to old mac
This one is tricky. Let me first of say that i dont have Fyfe, but if i did i would trade him out to a prem fwd (i cant see how a guy can pop his shoulder and then play the next week, he will likely do it again this week). But you need to get Old macdonald in for Coniglio as Greene and Shiel still have negative BEs.

ok so will have to take a chance on fyfe this week hopefully he is not named sub and get old mac for coniglio.  aaagghhhh!!!! bloody injuries..

reesbr

Quote from: tabs on April 27, 2012, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: Ringo on April 27, 2012, 07:40:36 PM
Quote from: reesbr on April 27, 2012, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 27, 2012, 07:22:33 PM
Quote from: reesbr on April 27, 2012, 06:51:39 PM
Able to get anyone up to 530k.
Buddy Sidebottom Dahlhaus Dangerfield D.Smith, Treloar Kennedy and Hall

Cheers
Quote from: reesbr on April 27, 2012, 06:59:15 PM
JRoo > premium or mohr > geary?
Geary has Dees this week (will the backs see the ball), then hawks, blues, eagles and swans (might see too much ball) Cant see Mohr being out for more then a week so only if you need to do that trade, otherwise no. Jroo to Harvey, Chapman
Thanks mate. I'm thinking of JRoo to Christensen
Think You need another super prem rather than Christensen though. Goodes, Chapman, Harvey, Jordan Lewis and even N Roo is going ok this year.
agree you only have Buddy and Sidey (if he is a prem) as your prems. Goodes (hawks, Crows, Tigers, Dees), Chappy (Lions, Dees, Crows, Pies) and HArvey (GC, Eagles, Dogs, POrt, lions) have good draws for the next 4 weeks.
I went Christensen to save cash. Hopefully it pays off

Capper

Just heard on twitter that Fyfe is playing tonight, so watch and pray he complete the match.
Neale is the sub

melowen204

geez i hope so. Supercoach has made me super religous this last 2 weeks. Plleeeeaassee God (and i dont mean Goddard) let fyfe play the whole game!!!! And score 100+

Carn

Boys,

Seen a lot of teams with 5 or 6 prem mids at this stage. Do recommend this strategy? Should the first upgraded be in the mids?

DEF
Scotland, Heater, Goddard, Dids
Hargrave, Lake, Bugg,
(Ellis, Morris)

MID
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd,
Magner, Macdonald
(Shiel, Ledger )

RUCK
Sandi, Giles
(Stephenson, Redden)

FWD
Buddy, Goodes, Sidebum, Danger,
Porplyzia, Kennedy, Trealor
(Smith, Dickson)

I was thinking Ledger > pfiffer, Sheil > Horsley to raise  some cash, get DPP, and get some good cows. But if I do this I will be giving up pts to teams with perm mid combos.

Capper

Quote from: Carn on April 29, 2012, 06:31:55 PM
Boys,

Seen a lot of teams with 5 or 6 prem mids at this stage. Do recommend this strategy? Should the first upgraded be in the mids?

DEF
Scotland, Heater, Goddard, Dids
Hargrave, Lake, Bugg,
(Ellis, Morris)

MID
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd,
Magner, Macdonald
(Shiel, Ledger )

RUCK
Sandi, Giles
(Stephenson, Redden)

FWD
Buddy, Goodes, Sidebum, Danger,
Porplyzia, Kennedy, Trealor
(Smith, Dickson)

I was thinking Ledger > pfiffer, Sheil > Horsley to raise  some cash, get DPP, and get some good cows. But if I do this I will be giving up pts to teams with perm mid combos.
regarding the mids setup, yeh alot of teams do have 5 or 6 prem mids and are scoring well, but some of those teams have prems that are going to miss the same bye week. If you are going to set up your mids make sure you dont have more than 2 prems missing per bye round.

Regarding the trades, wait o see what Pfeiffer gets today and dont get Horsley yet, only played one game

dogdog

Need to get rid of mumford next round, who for though? I am thinking either kreuzer or naitanui? Thoughts

Capper

Quote from: dogdog on April 29, 2012, 07:40:25 PM
Need to get rid of mumford next round, who for though? I am thinking either kreuzer or naitanui? Thoughts
Nicnat, Hmac or Krez. Check your byes

Carn

thanks tabs, will hold fire.

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on April 29, 2012, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: dogdog on April 29, 2012, 07:40:25 PM
Nicnat, Hmac or Krez. Check your byes
I would also add Jacobs to the list scoring well.

Mat0369

I am looking at these upgrade targets and instead of starting a thread about it I thought I would post my thoughts in here. The 3 guys I am looking at, who should all drop in price, are Mundy, O'Keefe and Sylvia. Mundy before his injury last season was killing it and has been working his way into form. He scored 110 against Carlton after having 27 touches. O'Keefe is slowly working his way into form as well after returning from his pre-season injury. He is a proven scorer in the past and with a lack of consistent premium forwards this season he could be very useful. Sylvia after starting as the sub was able to put up 60 SC points this weekend after only 6 touches (5 contested and 6 tackles). Are these 3 all worth targeting or should I be looking at other players?

My mids are Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, Sheil, McDonald, D Smith

forwards Franklin, Waite, Dangerfield, Martin, Chapman, Porplyzia, Treloar, Kennedy, Hall

The other guys I want in after the byes are Pendlebury and Murphy. So I want to try and get Ablett, Murphy, Rockliff, Pendles, Hayes, Mundy as my starting mids (pending injuries and current form).

My bottom two forwards I will look at trading out for Sylvia and O'Keefe

Franklin, Waite, Dangerfield, Martin, Chapman, Sylvia and O'Keefe will be my starting forward line

tbagrocks

I had Otten to start then swaped to Hurn, was this a big mistake, I now have.
Gods, Deli, Suckling, Conca, Hurn, +Ellis morris clark bugg,
but what to do with Bunga? cut my losses?

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 30, 2012, 12:33:13 AM
I am looking at these upgrade targets and instead of starting a thread about it I thought I would post my thoughts in here. The 3 guys I am looking at, who should all drop in price, are Mundy, O'Keefe and Sylvia. Mundy before his injury last season was killing it and has been working his way into form. He scored 110 against Carlton after having 27 touches. O'Keefe is slowly working his way into form as well after returning from his pre-season injury. He is a proven scorer in the past and with a lack of consistent premium forwards this season he could be very useful. Sylvia after starting as the sub was able to put up 60 SC points this weekend after only 6 touches (5 contested and 6 tackles). Are these 3 all worth targeting or should I be looking at other players?

My mids are Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, Sheil, McDonald, D Smith

forwards Franklin, Waite, Dangerfield, Martin, Chapman, Porplyzia, Treloar, Kennedy, Hall

The other guys I want in after the byes are Pendlebury and Murphy. So I want to try and get Ablett, Murphy, Rockliff, Pendles, Hayes, Mundy as my starting mids (pending injuries and current form).

My bottom two forwards I will look at trading out for Sylvia and O'Keefe

Franklin, Waite, Dangerfield, Martin, Chapman, Sylvia and O'Keefe will be my starting forward line
Greatr to see you have a plan for upgrades.  You need these players now as keepers.  Sre you prepared for the ride Sylvia will give you.  Had him last year and he was good early but then slipped down in form and got suspended.  That is why I am wary of him. O'Keeffe good alternative if you do not want Goodes. Mundy is looking like he is slowly getting back to form and if you need him now is the time.

Ringo

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 30, 2012, 12:45:51 AM
I had Otten to start then swaped to Hurn, was this a big mistake, I now have.
Gods, Deli, Suckling, Conca, Hurn, +Ellis morris clark bugg,
but what to do with Bunga? cut my losses?
How many trades left. If ok for trades maybe consider a straight swap with Waters who seems to be on the up.  If not keep as he may come good but do not let his price fall too far though.