Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woofy

Quote from: tabs on April 26, 2012, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: woofy on April 26, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
G'day

with mummy out for 3-4 weeks should I be keeping him on my bench or trading him out? I'm going for league win if that helps. Who are my best options?

Cheers
who are your other rucks?? Brogan may miss this week which improves Giles numbers

my other rucks are giles, redden and big O...

COLOSS11

Quote from: Ringo on April 26, 2012, 02:39:31 PM
With 20 trades left I would just do Ledger to McDonald. imo McDonald will make you more quickly to allow your upgrades.  Wait till teams announced though before doing the trades as GWS may have some surprises that may want further action.

Also start watching the B/e of some of your rookies as they are starting to near their ceiling.

Your team is sound and obviusly your first upgrade is in mids.

Thanks for the advice Ringo

Cheers

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on April 26, 2012, 06:52:51 PM
Quote from: felsty on April 26, 2012, 05:47:26 PM
Hey guys just a thought but I think a good idea would be too have a page dedicated to coaches that are the 'experts' in fantasy football on their favorite clubs eg. Ringo > Brisbane, Valkorum > Fremantle. I know this sort of information is common knowledge to a lot of coaches on here, but for a few noobs like myself it could come in really handy..
Good point, if you go to the club pages alot of the coaches have already put up comments about the teams they follow and if you have any questions just start a topic
This is good advice Valk and I are usually the instigators of the majority of topics in the club boards but if you need specific just ask in the club board and someone will sure to answer.  I look at Brisbane board each day.

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on April 26, 2012, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 26, 2012, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: woofy on April 26, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
G'day

with mummy out for 3-4 weeks should I be keeping him on my bench or trading him out? I'm going for league win if that helps. Who are my best options?

Cheers
who are your other rucks?? Brogan may miss this week which improves Giles numbers

my other rucks are giles, redden and big O...
I would seriously consider going Mummy to Nic Nat before nats price rises too much further. Mummy also has a break even of 166 when he next plays so his price will go down.  nat is averaging 104 for the first 4 rounds and seems to be favored at Eagles so trade and pocket approx $100k.

creeker

Hey guys, need advice, can go Nic Nat for Mumford but what about
Mumford for Maric , ave 91 and
Magner for Barlow.

Ringo

Quote from: creeker on April 26, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Magner for Barlow.
Can you still do Magner to Barlow if you went Mumford to Nat.
Mumford to Nat will give an average 15/20 points per game over Maric.  Do not see Maric reaching prem status.

colmullet

Quick question, although im thinking not the greatest move just thought i would throw it out there n see what u boys think

I have Sandi, Giles, Redden and Orren in the rucks and looking at copping a donut

But i have Roughy in my forwards

Would it be worth to trade out redden who's JS looks pretty shakey now that Renouf is back, switch Roughy into my rucks to cover the donut and bring in Treloar who looks a more solid cash cow into the forwards?

upthemaidens

Quote from: creeker on April 26, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Magner for Barlow.
not knowing your team/rucks etc.   i gather u have giles,  nic nat and giles share the same bye. which may mean u cop a donut in rd.11

upthemaidens

Quote from: colmullet on April 26, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
Quick question, although im thinking not the greatest move just thought i would throw it out there n see what u boys think

I have Sandi, Giles, Redden and Orren in the rucks and looking at copping a donut

Would it be worth to trade out redden who's JS looks pretty shakey now that Renouf is back, switch Roughy into my rucks to cover the donut and bring in Treloar who looks a more solid cash cow into the forwards?
that would be an ideal move,,  so for 1 trade u make 60k, avoid a donut and get a decent cash cow in treloar..
  it will be a good trade

the only problem will be what do you do once sandi plays again next week? bench giles?

colmullet

yeah thats the only problem i can see with it, id have to sit giles on the bench until a rookie needs to be traded out in the forwards and i can move Roughy back forward.....but then i have no idea who i would be bringing in as a rookie priced ruck to make that move

Ringo

Not a bad idea using the DPP trading room. Trading a ruck to a forward.  As you say now with the Lady back and Lobbe not far off may be time to get him out.
An option for you reading maidens post as I type this may be to trade in Rowe for Reddan so you can switch Roughy as required as with Tippett and Petrie last year.  Just check and see how it sits with your byes.

colmullet

perhaps i can use Rowe as my link to get Roughy back into the forwards? i think getting Treloar in this week would be the better of the two options yeah?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ringo on April 26, 2012, 10:11:23 PM

Not a bad idea using the DPP trading room. Trading a ruck to a forward.  As you say now with the Lady back and Lobbe not far off may be time to get him out.
An option for you reading maidens post as I type this may be to trade in Rowe for Reddan so you can switch Roughy as required as with Tippett and Petrie last year.  Just check and see how it sits with your byes.
rowe probably will never play though,but there arnt many options..  do you have cover in the forwardline if u have rowe?   also does that mean you'll miss out on treloar?   ofcourse you could just cop the donut.. without knowing your team and situation its hard to really say whats the best option..

colmullet

team is

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Heppel, Malceski, Dempsey, Hargrave, Clarke.....Morris, Ellis

Mids: Pendles, Boyd, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Caddy......GAJ, Coniglio

Rucks: Sandi, Giles......Redden, Orren

Forwards: Buddy, Goodes, Chapman, Roughy, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Smith......Kennedy, Cameron

Cash Left: 7,700
21 Trades Left

Hope that clears it up a little

upthemaidens

has cameron been named?