Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Ringo might be the best to answer this but all opinions are welcome.

Do I waste a trade getting Treloar in or wait until Zorko is on the bubble. 21 trades down and looking to make one this week.

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on April 25, 2012, 08:45:10 PM

Do I waste a trade getting Treloar in or wait until Zorko is on the bubble. 21 trades down and looking to make one this week.
Hopefully Zorko plays reserves this week when final teams announced.  With our depth this year Players have been given 2/3 games in reserves to gain match fitness so he may not be in till say Round 8/9 and then may have to force his way in if current players retain form.

So you have to look at who you would trade for Treloar if it is someone who is not playing or has peaked and you need to trade down then trade but if trading just to get Treloar in and missing out on further cash gains then I would wait.  There will be a number of Zorko type players coming through to target in coming weeks as well.

So the short answer if benefits team yes but if not hold. I assuming you have J Mac though because if not he would be a must this week.

Noz

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 08:59:05 PM

Hopefully Zorko plays reserves this week when final teams announced.  With our depth this year Players have been given 2/3 games in reserves to gain match fitness so he may not be in till say Round 8/9 and then may have to force his way in if current players retain form.

So you have to look at who you would trade for Treloar if it is someone who is not playing or has peaked and you need to trade down then trade but if trading just to get Treloar in and missing out on further cash gains then I would wait.  There will be a number of Zorko type players coming through to target in coming weeks as well.

So the short answer if benefits team yes but if not hold. I assuming you have J Mac though because if not he would be a must this week.
Still undecided on if Cogsy or Ledger gets out for old mac waiting to see if Ledger is named.

Smith, Kennedy, Milera and Hall are my forward rookies. Milera seems the only one to have peaked. Kennedy and Smith may also reach their peaking next week

dogdog

ziebel, barlow or parker? who do you guys think will average the highest of these?

Capper

Quote from: dogdog on April 25, 2012, 10:55:57 PM
ziebel, barlow or parker? who do you guys think will average the highest of these?
Barlow, Ziebell, PArker in that order. I can see Barlow missing some games this year due to his leg problems at the start of the year. If Ziebell can keep his head he would be the pick to get. Swans players generally arent reliable for points week in week out which kills me as a supporter

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on April 25, 2012, 09:14:24 PM
Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 08:59:05 PM

Still undecided on if Cogsy or Ledger gets out for old mac waiting to see if Ledger is named.

Smith, Kennedy, Milera and Hall are my forward rookies. Milera seems the only one to have peaked. Kennedy and Smith may also reach their peaking next week
Would go Melera to Treloar and Ledger to MacDonald will be a solid return for you even if Ledger named.  I have already pulled Ledger to Treloar.

COLOSS11

what is your thoughts on my team.. With ABLETT out i only have 2 prem mids, do i use 2 trades to get another or use just the 1 LEDGER > MCDONALD/TRELOAR??

BACKS - Goddard, Deledio, Malceski, Broughts, Bugg, Morris, Lake (Shaw, Ellis)
MIDS - Selwood, Boyd, Magner, Shiel, Greene, Cogs, (Ablett, Ledger)
RUCKS - Sandilands, Giles, (Redden, Stephenson)
FWDS - Franklin, Dangerfield, Chappy, Martin, Roughead, Kennedy, Smith (Hall, Cameron)

70k in the bank, use 4 trades so far.

Cheers

Ringo

With 20 trades left I would just do Ledger to McDonald. imo McDonald will make you more quickly to allow your upgrades.  Wait till teams announced though before doing the trades as GWS may have some surprises that may want further action.

Also start watching the B/e of some of your rookies as they are starting to near their ceiling.

Your team is sound and obviusly your first upgrade is in mids.

T Dog

Hi again there coaches. I have been seeing a lot of teams in my leagues that have been set up and with changes made with no consideration of the bye rounds. Is it really worth worrying about my teams structure as we head into rd 11 or just go all out for points etc ? I know there is a lot of forum advice on this but many teams are obviously not seeing it. I wouldnt  want to miss out on a league win ( or 3)  along the way, only to find out I am playing teams in the bye rounds who are happy copping donuts anyway.....I suppose this makes sense? :o

nathan11

Quote from: T Dog on April 26, 2012, 03:50:24 PM
Hi again there coaches. I have been seeing a lot of teams in my leagues that have been set up and with changes made with no consideration of the bye rounds. Is it really worth worrying about my teams structure as we head into rd 11 or just go all out for points etc ? I know there is a lot of forum advice on this but many teams are obviously not seeing it. I wouldnt  want to miss out on a league win ( or 3)  along the way, only to find out I am playing teams in the bye rounds who are happy copping donuts anyway.....I suppose this makes sense? :o

Easiest thing to do is see who you are playing these weeks but there are a lot of people not planning for the byes so with a bit of luck 3 wins there

T Dog

Quote from: nathan11 on April 26, 2012, 04:51:26 PM
Easiest thing to do is see who you are playing these weeks but there are a lot of people not planning for the byes so with a bit of luck 3 wins there

That's way to much common sense and a bit easy to do there Nathan  :-[...thanks for the advice

felsty

Hey guys just a thought but I think a good idea would be too have a page dedicated to coaches that are the 'experts' in fantasy football on their favorite clubs eg. Ringo > Brisbane, Valkorum > Fremantle. I know this sort of information is common knowledge to a lot of coaches on here, but for a few noobs like myself it could come in really handy..

Capper

Quote from: felsty on April 26, 2012, 05:47:26 PM
Hey guys just a thought but I think a good idea would be too have a page dedicated to coaches that are the 'experts' in fantasy football on their favorite clubs eg. Ringo > Brisbane, Valkorum > Fremantle. I know this sort of information is common knowledge to a lot of coaches on here, but for a few noobs like myself it could come in really handy..
Good point, if you go to the club pages alot of the coaches have already put up comments about the teams they follow and if you have any questions just start a topic

woofy

G'day

with mummy out for 3-4 weeks should I be keeping him on my bench or trading him out? I'm going for league win if that helps. Who are my best options?

Cheers

Capper

Quote from: woofy on April 26, 2012, 07:10:30 PM
G'day

with mummy out for 3-4 weeks should I be keeping him on my bench or trading him out? I'm going for league win if that helps. Who are my best options?

Cheers
who are your other rucks?? Brogan may miss this week which improves Giles numbers