Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on April 25, 2012, 11:51:58 AM
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Morris (Ellis, Townsend)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner, Shiel (Ledger, Cunningham)

Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Kennedy (Hall, Dickson)

22 Trades $45,100

Can you see anything else but the obvious:

Ledger - Treloar

Cunningham* - McDonald

*Will Cunningham be a chance with Rohan going down? They seemed to have similar roles in the preseason.
Interesting Dilemma with Cunningham.
Need to ask yourself is the uncertainty whether he will get games with Swans (remember Rohan was in and out a number times last year and this seems to be their policy with youngsters) worth possible lost cash from MacDonald.
Cunningham is only $94k so could be worth while sitting on the pine.  Concern I have is although he has played only one game as a sub and in a quarter and a half of football only got 4 possessions. I would trade if it is was me but as is the case with these forums like to give you advice to enable you to make your own decisions.

If you decide to keep Cunningham I would bring Macdonald in for Ledger. IMO Bringing in MacDonald is a must as you know he has the experience and will score well when compared with unknown rookies.  Has a large negative b/e of 117 this week so immediate cash gain assured.

reesbr

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 11:57:51 AM
Quote from: reesbr on April 25, 2012, 11:42:05 AM
I've got Dempsey and 19 trades left. I'm not sure if I should trade him to Duffield/Scotland Or hold and cop a donut.
Also should I go Dickson/Kennedy to Treloar ? Is 17 trades enough at this stage?

Cheers
19 trades at this stage is probably where most should be.  However if you are comfortable that 17 will be sufficient and suit your team structure should be fine. If you consider Duffield or Scotland as a permanent keeper in your team then do the trade if not sit,
I would probably definitely do Dickson to Treloar though.
Cheers. Dickson to Treloar is done. Dempsey to Duffield I'm not sure on. I will still have at least another 8 upgrades to do

Sundown24

My team is:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, A. Carrazzo, T. Bugg, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, C. Dempsey (J. Grimes, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, J. Magner, J. McDonald, S. Coniglio (D. Shiel, J. Caddy)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, A. Goodes, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, D. Martin, D. Smith (A. Kennedy, T. Milera)

CASH LEFT: $227,800

Thoughts on trades I should make. Plenty of cash, I have 20 trades left, focusing on league wins.
My backline is the obvious issue. My idea is:

Carrazzo > Suckling

Should I look at downgrading someone to Treloar? Or wait on Miles/Neale/Couch maybe???

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Kennedy (Hall, Dickson)

22 Trades $45,100

Ledger - Treloar

Cunningham* - McDonald

*Will Cunningham be a chance with Rohan going down? They seemed to have similar roles in the preseason.
Need to ask yourself is the uncertainty whether he will get games with Swans (remember Rohan was in and out a number times last year and this seems to be their policy with youngsters) worth possible lost cash from MacDonald.
Cunningham is only $94k so could be worth while sitting on the pine.  Concern I have is although he has played only one game as a sub and in a quarter and a half of football only got 4 possessions. I would trade if it is was me but as is the case with these forums like to give you advice to enable you to make your own decisions.

If you decide to keep Cunningham I would bring Macdonald in for Ledger. IMO Bringing in MacDonald is a must as you know he has the experience and will score well when compared with unknown rookies.  Has a large negative b/e of 117 this week so immediate cash gain assured.

Cheers Ringo for the feedback. I like the look of getting both McDonald and Treloar this week for instant cash and the fact JMac should have good JS. Treloar opens up DPP with my forwards which could be handy. Cunningham will need to be selected and on the ground for me to consider keeping and as you said his form as a substitute back in round 1 wasnt exactly inspiring.

Is there anything else you can see with my squad that might need a tweak. Sandilands this week will hurt as I just brought him in for Mumford and I have questioned myself selecting NRoo for Fyfe over the likes of Sidebottom after last weeks form. Hopefully with St Kilda playing Melbourne this week will give him a little boost to his form and my decision making  :-\

no eye deer

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 11:33:15 AM
Do not know whether I commented in your thread but apologies if I have.
Wait till final team announcements on Friday to see if Smeldts and or Townsend are named. If both named which is possible move Shaw to emergencies and replace with one with the e on the other.  Reasopn to actual do this is added coverage in case of other late withdrawals.

I would definitely Trade Paine for Treloar this week though and also play him in preference to Milera.  Paine will rise in cash slowly (and I also made the trade foolishly) so better to get someone who will make cash quickly. Would be ideal to get J Mac in as well but can not see him unless you trade Smith but he has some dollars to make.

BTW to are in great position with 22 trades left and team sound.

Cheers for that advice Ringo, that's exactly what I was thinking, just needed someone to talk me into it! Paine is no longer a pain.

As far as my back line goes, I'm forced to play Smedts and Townsend as I have lake as well as shaw and lakes not due back until the next round I thought? Edit: My bad, back this week!

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on April 25, 2012, 01:31:40 PM

22 Trades $45,100

Ledger - Treloar

Cunningham* - McDonald

Cheers Ringo for the feedback. I like the look of getting both McDonald and Treloar this week for instant cash and the fact JMac should have good JS. Treloar opens up DPP with my forwards which could be handy. Cunningham will need to be selected and on the ground for me to consider keeping and as you said his form as a substitute back in round 1 wasnt exactly inspiring.

Is there anything else you can see with my squad that might need a tweak. Sandilands this week will hurt as I just brought him in for Mumford and I have questioned myself selecting NRoo for Fyfe over the likes of Sidebottom after last weeks form. Hopefully with St Kilda playing Melbourne this week will give him a little boost to his form and my decision making  :-\
Your team is quite sound and like all of us we have some non performing prems Martin :-\ :-\ but we picked them for a reason so stick with them. Stick with N Roo last week was his first downer and he is still averaging more than Sidey at this stage.  Just watch now that we are up to Round 5 rookies nearing their ceiling so you tarde with maximum effect. Good luck going forward.

Ringo

Quote from: Sundown24 on April 25, 2012, 01:18:11 PM
My team is:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, A. Carrazzo, T. Bugg, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, C. Dempsey (J. Grimes, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, J. Magner, J. McDonald, S. Coniglio (D. Shiel, J. Caddy)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, A. Goodes, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, D. Martin, D. Smith (A. Kennedy, T. Milera)

Thoughts on trades I should make. Plenty of cash, I have 20 trades left, focusing on league wins.

Carrazzo > Suckling

Should I look at downgrading someone to Treloar? Or wait on Miles/Neale/Couch maybe???
Like Carazzo to suckling
Note you have no coverage if Dempsey is out and Smedts does not play.
What are your intention with Grimes if you do not consider him a keeper would look at doing an upgrade with cash you have. maybe Malceski, Geary if you do not want to pay too much.

EZA100

My Team is:

DEF: M.Johnson, B.Houli, N.Malceski, B.Waters, T.Bugg, S.Morris, B.Ellis, B.Lake, M.Buntine

MID: G.Ablett, M.Murphy, L.Hayes, J.Redden, J.Magner, S.Coniglio, D.Tyson, A.Morabito

RUCK: N.Naitanui, J.Giles, M.Leuenberger, B.Longer

FWD: L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, J.Porplyzia, D.Martin, A.Kennedy, J.Brown, D.Smith, J.Patton

Got $178,500 left and 2 trades for this week who should i trade

Ringo

Quote from: EZA100 on April 25, 2012, 02:28:50 PM
My Team is:

DEF: M.Johnson, B.Houli, N.Malceski, B.Waters, T.Bugg, S.Morris, B.Ellis, B.Lake, M.Buntine

MID: G.Ablett, M.Murphy, L.Hayes, J.Redden, J.Magner, S.Coniglio, D.Tyson, A.Morabito

RUCK: N.Naitanui, J.Giles, M.Leuenberger, B.Longer

FWD: L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, J.Porplyzia, D.Martin, A.Kennedy, J.Brown, D.Smith, J.Patton

Got $178,500 left and 2 trades for this week who should i trade
How many trades do you have left if Less than 19 would reconsider but if you have 2 as you say I would do this Tyson to J Mac and Patton to Treloar both expensive players sitting on the bench who are not playing and the 2 ins will get you instant cash after this week..  Also who is your 9th forward as only 8 named.
However before doing the trades wait for final GWS team to be announced as there are indications of 6/7 changes from last week.

EZA100

Sundown24

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 02:06:34 PM
Quote from: Sundown24 on April 25, 2012, 01:18:11 PM
My team is:

Carrazzo > Suckling

Like Carazzo to suckling
Note you have no coverage if Dempsey is out and Smedts does not play.
What are your intention with Grimes if you do not consider him a keeper would look at doing an upgrade with cash you have. maybe Malceski, Geary if you do not want to pay too much.

Thanks Ringo

I agree, I'm really starting to worry about Grimes. Have to get rid of my Melbourne supporter bias.
With Carrazzo & Grimes...I basically have $983,200 to spend

I suppose, again getting rid of my Dees bias, Geary is playing us this week, could smash it

Ringo

Quote from: EZA100 on April 25, 2012, 02:38:58 PM
jack gunston
OK. If you make the 2 trades suggested you will have further cash available and time to start looking at improving your team if you have trades. Can not afford Morabito sitting on the pine for a number of weeks. Can you also afford Berger out till Round 12 expensive pine sitter.
However this is all based on number of trades you have left.

Sundown24

worried about Geary with Gwilt, Gram, Farren Ray & Peake all kicking about in the reserves.
Does this change his game time, role or spot in the side? Malceski obviously a lock for Sydney

Ringo

Quote from: Sundown24 on April 25, 2012, 03:12:12 PM
worried about Geary with Gwilt, Gram, Farren Ray & Peake all kicking about in the reserves.
Does this change his game time, role or spot in the side? Malceski obviously a lock for Sydney
Bit hard to get all the info being in QLD where AFL news is page 6 in the sporting sections but imo these guys would have to earn their spots back. But as you say Malceski would be a lock Duffield may be another one to look at but a bit more expensive.

Capper

22 Trades $45,100

Ledger - Treloar

Cunningham* - McDonald

Will Cunningham be a chance with Rohan going down?? no, i guy by the name of Goodes will come in, if anything Jetta may play more forward this week. Goodes, Smith and Mummy will be the only inclusions this week, if fit