Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

I was thinking of going;

Rohan > Treloar
and
Firrito > Waters

Had these 2 as uniques, but now with Rohan's injury and Firrito's BE creeping higher every round, thoughts?

krusty

i have carrazzo not sure who to get for him? not sure if i should trade down to a rookie and upgrade magner to a prem?
my team is
def: goddard, deledio,carrazzo ,birchall,lake,marty clarke,bugg. emg s.morris,smedts
mid:abblett,mitchell,swan, priddis,magner,j mcdonald, emg c.smith, shiel
ruc:cox, giles emg redden,stephenson
fwd:franklin,riewoldt n,goodes,dangerfield,porplyzia,A kennedy,D smith, emg A hall, J cameron

21 trades left and 101900 in the bank
any other suggestions would be great as i dont really know what to do or who i should be targeting as im new to this

tor01doc

Keep byes in mind. No Blues / GCS / Hawks / PTA / Tigers / Saints should be selected as looks like at least one donut already.

Consider M Johnson / Malceski / Hurn / Adcock or Drummond?

Slammer

Hey guys,

Have coniglio, shiel, magner and macca in mids.
Cameron, d. Smith, Kennedy and Milera in fwds.
Would you recommend trading any of the above this week for Treloar or
just sit tight? 21 trades left

Ringo

Quote from: nickstiges on April 24, 2012, 08:04:53 PM
I was thinking of going;

Rohan > Treloar
and
Firrito > Waters

Had these 2 as uniques, but now with Rohan's injury and Firrito's BE creeping higher every round, thoughts?

Rohan to Treloar will get you $140k what are your plans for the cash.
Firrito to. Waters would leave. Sideways trade with both approaching their ceiling so not a lot to be gained. Would probably keep Firrito as he is averaging 92 and will be a good d7 with that average but your decision.

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on April 24, 2012, 09:08:40 PM
Hey guys,

If you really want to trade in Treloar I would go Milera to Treloar. Been disappointing after his first 2 rounds with scores falling. Very near his ceiling with a B/e of 33.

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on April 24, 2012, 09:50:34 PM
Quote from: Slammer on April 24, 2012, 09:08:40 PM
Hey guys,

If you really want to trade in Treloar I would go Milera to Treloar. Been disappointing after his first 2 rounds with scores falling. Very near his ceiling with a B/e of 33.

EZA100

hey ringo i wanna get a premium mid in who would u recommend was obvisouly thinking of stanton,selwood,pendlebury,swan?

roo boys!

Well out of that bunch EZA Pendles will still come down in cash a bit (provided he doesn't score 180 tomorrow!) so I think he is the best pick but you may be better off waiting a week and getting him even cheaper.

Ringo

Quote from: EZA100 on April 24, 2012, 10:58:59 PM
hey ringo i wanna get a premium mid in who would u recommend was obviously thinking of stanton,selwood,pendlebury,swan?
My opinion and in order of those you have named Pendles, Selwood, Swan and Stanton assume you Murphy and Ablett. Can not go wrong with Nick Dalsanto or Boyd as they will average well as well.
To complete my mids I am looking at Murphy and Pendles so am watching falling prices and B/e religiously and as Roo Boys has said unless Pendles scores more than 180 tomorrow he will fall further.

no eye deer

Well last week I made what was a stupid trade in hindsight, as I didn't want a donut in my backs. With Lake, Shaw, Smedts and maybe Ellis out I traded out Dickson in the Fwds, traded in Paine and subbed Smedts with Paine to fill my backs. It also gave me a fwd, back DPP rotation if needed. Turns out I would have won my head to head anyway and Paine has been dropped this week!

So this week I'm still looking at a donut in my back line, ( Townsend might get dropped as well! ) so put Smedts in the back again just incase he gets a start.

Is it worth wasting another trade to get in Treleor, and if so, should I keep Paine and trade out Milera, or what other option?

My side:
             Def: Godds, Dell, Shaw, Adcock, Lake, Ellis, Bugg, (Townsend, Smedts)
             Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Sellwood, Priddis, Magner, Shiel (D. Smith, Neale)
             Ruck: Cox, Giles, (redden, big O)
             Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Martin, Goodes, Porps, Kennedy, Milera ( Cameron, Paine)
22 trades left, but only $5100 left in bank.

Can't really find an easy solution to my back line woes either, any ideas out there?

P.S. copy and pasted this from another topic I started, should have put it here first!

Ringo

Do not know whether I commented in your thread but apologies if I have.
Wait till final team announcements on Friday to see if Smeldts and or Townsend are named. If both named which is possible move Shaw to emergencies and replace with one with the e on the other.  Reasopn to actual do this is added coverage in case of other late withdrawals.

I would definitely Trade Paine for Treloar this week though and also play him in preference to Milera.  Paine will rise in cash slowly (and I also made the trade foolishly) so better to get someone who will make cash quickly. Would be ideal to get J Mac in as well but can not see him unless you trade Smith but he has some dollars to make.

BTW to are in great position with 22 trades left and team sound.

reesbr

I've got Dempsey and 19 trades left. I'm not sure if I should trade him to Duffield/Scotland Or hold and cop a donut.
Also should I go Dickson/Kennedy to Treloar ? Is 17 trades enough at this stage?

Cheers

boneman

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Morris (Ellis, Townsend)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner, Shiel (Ledger, Cunningham)

Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Kennedy (Hall, Dickson)

22 Trades $45,100

Can you see anything else but the obvious:

Ledger - Treloar

Cunningham* - McDonald

*Will Cunningham be a chance with Rohan going down? They seemed to have similar roles in the preseason.

Ringo

Quote from: reesbr on April 25, 2012, 11:42:05 AM
I've got Dempsey and 19 trades left. I'm not sure if I should trade him to Duffield/Scotland Or hold and cop a donut.
Also should I go Dickson/Kennedy to Treloar ? Is 17 trades enough at this stage?

Cheers
19 trades at this stage is probably where most should be.  However if you are comfortable that 17 will be sufficient and suit your team structure should be fine. If you consider Duffield or Scotland as a permanent keeper in your team then do the trade if not sit,
I would probably definitely do Dickson to Treloar though.