Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippo

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 24, 2012, 01:25:26 PM
Nice midfield Hippo :)

Because of that, I'd probably hold, but if he's out for 2 weeks, that could be dire!! For me, it would depend on how your other lines are going. Plus you're trades are a bit skinny.

If you were to swap him, I'd make it a Rd 11 bye player, as you already have 2 rd 12, and one rd 13 bye players. If you get a Rd 13 player, then when you bring him back... That's presuming you're keeping Lenny and Masten.

If you do, I'd upgrade Magner when you bring him back.
Thanks Fletch

i think the other lines are holding up well as i seem to have got the bargain byes pretty right at the start and in the last couple of weeks

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, P. Duffield, N. Malceski, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Bugg (B. Ellis, S. Morris)

RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)

FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, P. Chapman, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, C. Pearce, D. Smith (T. Milera, A. Kennedy)

my head tells me to hold, trades being a big factor in that!!!

Hippo

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 24, 2012, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Hippo on April 24, 2012, 01:16:49 PM
So guys.... Ablett? in out yah nay

im ranked in the top 100 so do i bench him for 2 weeks and not take the risk of getting rid of him OR do i trade him too Murphy to try and keep improving the overall rank!

Murphy now? and not Ablett till the ass end of the yr?

play rookie? and have Ablett for the yr but not these 2 rds?

im on the fence!

only have 19 trade too, Mids are:
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner (Sheil, MacDonald)

so for 2 weeks
Pendles (C), Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner, MacDonald (Sheil, Ablett)
its the million dollar question and no one has the answer..  if u arnt gunna trade him to a pies or dons player, then u have 3 days to see what news comes out about the lenght of the injury..  im thinking i might take an each way bet and trade him in one of the comps and keep him in the other..  but who knows what my trade finger will do while im sleeping :)
haha funny enough i have decided to trade him in the other but on the fence with SC

hopefully i get it right in DT so i can maintain top rank in FF warriors  ;)

felsty

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 24, 2012, 01:06:27 PM
Interesting dilemma felsty...

I wouldn't trade Mumford to Stephenson. I'm not sewn on his JS. I would look at Kreuzer and pocket the $$$. With a 4 premium midfield losing GAJ is not too bad for you. I still believe that Magner and Coniglio can still make you some more $$$. I would look at upgrading/downgrading them next week with Neale, etc. With that upgrade you can get your 5th prem midfielder.

Milera's BE is not too good at the moment, so he might be the one you look at downgrading this week, although there aren't too many Fwd rookies coming through, unless Smedts or Dickson play this week...

i suppose i can always wait a week to get in pendles, especially with his breakeven.. even with me downgrading rookies and that i would need 3 dg and an ug to get pendles wouldnt i??

colmullet

hey guys

i was planning to downgrade Caddy to Treloar but with Ablett out (keeping him on the bench as im going for leagues rather than overall) is Caddy worth keeping as he may now find more ball and perhaps bump out a few 85+ scores that may finally make his selection in my team at the start of the year worthwhile?

PowerBug

I'm trading Ablett off to a unqiue midfielder, leaving me with alot of cash leftover, so i can bring him in later straight for Magner.

Quote from: colmullet on April 24, 2012, 02:01:57 PM
hey guys

i was planning to downgrade Caddy to Treloar but with Ablett out (keeping him on the bench as im going for leagues rather than overall) is Caddy worth keeping as he may now find more ball and perhaps bump out a few 85+ scores that may finally make his selection in my team at the start of the year worthwhile?
Yes, keep Caddy. as you are going for leagues it's not as important at this early stage, all you need to do is make the top 8 in all your leagues ;)

colmullet

thankx man, seems like a close call

tom_scully

Quote from: PowerBug on April 24, 2012, 02:05:40 PM
I'm trading Ablett off to a unqiue midfielder, leaving me with alot of cash leftover, so i can bring him in later straight for Magner.

Quote from: colmullet on April 24, 2012, 02:01:57 PM
hey guys

Yes, keep Caddy. as you are going for leagues it's not as important at this early stage, all you need to do is make the top 8 in all your leagues ;)
Wow! You must have a truckload of cash, cos magner is only foreast to rise to 300k in 3 weeks time. That's IF GAJ is actually out for more than one and IF you have no other problems between now and then. I can see a heap of people struggling to get GAJ back in later.

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 01:17:19 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 24, 2012, 01:06:26 AM
Nice work guys.

Q #1. FOR YOU RINGO - Where the F.A.R.K is ZORKO!, seriously what have they done with my rook? and hows Docherty going in the magoo's the match reports don't tell you much?
not to steal Ringo's light here but i asked Ringo the same question via PM and he replied with the following. Thanks Ringo!!!!
Not on our injury list now.  Was expecting to see him named in the reserves but was not so not sure whether he is still gaining fitness outside. (was lso a top of the table clash so that may of had some influence as well) Will watch with interest this weekend in the NEAFL as I am waiting for both Zorko and Docherty to be named gain fitness in the reserves.  Both will be handy downgrade targets if playing and not on the bubble by Round 11.
A handy downgrade target if wishing to downgrade and has not been mentioned may be Jack Crisp who seems have leaped over a number of players.  Looked good and found the ball a lot on Saturday night.
This is the news we have been waiting for
First round draft selection Sam Docherty is expected to resume with the Lions Reserves this week, while former Broadbeach Captain Dayne Zorko could also line up for his first match in Lions colours this weekend.
Will be keeping eye on the Team to play Morninside on Sunday may even go out to Aspen Oval and look for myself if I have time after watching the Lions v Geelong on Saturday night.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on April 24, 2012, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 01:17:19 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 24, 2012, 01:06:26 AM
Nice work guys.

Q #1. FOR YOU RINGO - Where the F.A.R.K is ZORKO!, seriously what have they done with my rook? and hows Docherty going in the magoo's the match reports don't tell you much?
not to steal Ringo's light here but i asked Ringo the same question via PM and he replied with the following. Thanks Ringo!!!!
Not on our injury list now.  Was expecting to see him named in the reserves but was not so not sure whether he is still gaining fitness outside. (was lso a top of the table clash so that may of had some influence as well) Will watch with interest this weekend in the NEAFL as I am waiting for both Zorko and Docherty to be named gain fitness in the reserves.  Both will be handy downgrade targets if playing and not on the bubble by Round 11.
A handy downgrade target if wishing to downgrade and has not been mentioned may be Jack Crisp who seems have leaped over a number of players.  Looked good and found the ball a lot on Saturday night.
This is the news we have been waiting for
First round draft selection Sam Docherty is expected to resume with the Lions Reserves this week, while former Broadbeach Captain Dayne Zorko could also line up for his first match in Lions colours this weekend.
Will be keeping eye on the Team to play Morninside on Sunday may even go out to Aspen Oval and look for myself if I have time after watching the Lions v Geelong on Saturday night.
Good to hear, cheers Ringo

sammy_boy

coaches. i need thoughts on dustin martin keep him or what he just costing me to much. but i feel i should stick with him

tor01doc

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: sammy_boy on April 24, 2012, 04:18:58 PM
coaches. i need thoughts on dustin martin keep him or what he just costing me to much. but i feel i should stick with him
You've stuck with him this far. Keep him, his draw will get easier, and he'll lift his average.

nathan11

Quote from: sammy_boy on April 24, 2012, 04:18:58 PM

Yeah hold him he is getting better got 90+ on dt last week so with a few easier games to come will ton up soon in sc

Noz

Defence: Goddard, Lids, Broughts, Waters, Lake, Clarke, Bugg (Bower, Ellis)
Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Rocky, Murphy, Shiel, Magner (Cogsy, Ledger)
Rucks: Sandi, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
Forward: Franklin, Goodes, Lewis, Martin, Porps, Kennedy, Milera (Hall, Smith)

$47,800

Trades used
Dicko - Milera
Mummy - Sandi
Fyfe - Lewis

Can anyone recommend some choices I have for my team I have been averaged 2100 but would like to bump that up, Overall ranking is 13000 would love to crack top 5000 soon.

What trades are on the table in the coming weeks for me?

Marcos83

my team with 144,000 in bank and also 24 trades left.

Defense

goddard, deledio, brought, malceski, lake, clarke, ellis,
darley, bugg

Midfield

GAJ, Selwood, Swan, Boyd(Pendles?), conigilio, shiel
Magner, Miles

Rucks
Hmac, giles
Redden, BID Ã"

Forward

Franlin, Fyfe, Chaps, Martin, Dangerfield, Porps, Smith
Couch, kennedy

was thinking conoglio to macdonald and then yarran to goddard. Please help to improve. Thanks