Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Hi there coaches. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the number of keepers that ideally should be locked away at present?
Barring the usual unforseen injuries I have 16 in a 5b - 5m - 2r - 4f pattern. That includes Shaw and Ablett though. I have used 4 trades so far and havent decided what to do with Ablett. Trading him may get me an additional keeper but thats another 2 trades down.

Fletch74

Well, I'll be honest T Dog, you're doing extremely well if you have 16 keepers. Depends on what you deem to be keepers...

If you're talking about Premium's (>$500k), then I would imagine that you could really have only 14 at the beginning of the season, so most would still have 14 as the upgrade/downgrade process hasn't really began yet. Some might start it this week. I will be next week.

PowerBug

Quote from: T Dog on April 24, 2012, 10:56:53 AM
Hi there coaches. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the number of keepers that ideally should be locked away at present?
Barring the usual unforseen injuries I have 16 in a 5b - 5m - 2r - 4f pattern. That includes Shaw and Ablett though. I have used 4 trades so far and havent decided what to do with Ablett. Trading him may get me an additional keeper but thats another 2 trades down.
I wouldn't worry about trades, my personal view is trade hard and early and get a team of 18-19 keepers quickly. Personally i'm leaving the back upgrades until last, as the rookies there can score 70-80 and the premiums are pretty thin.

In my team i will have only 17 trades left after this week, albeit my starting side was pretty poor as i couldn't get on before lockout, but by trading early it could get you the extra edge in those league games from rounds 8-10. :)

Babylove

My team is:

Defenders: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Hargrave, C. Guthrie, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, S. Morris)

Midfielders: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett (inj), S. Mitchell, D. Thomas(inj), S. Selwood, J. Magner (S. Coniglio, D. Shiel)

Rucks: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)

Forwards: L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy, D Smith (A.Hall, T. Dickson)

Cash left: $33,300

Trades left: 23

I'm considering Treloar & J. McDonald. Should I bring them in or hold onto my trades? If I bring them in then for who?

Fletch74

With 23 trades left, you're in a good position trade wise. I would trade Dickson to Treloar and Coniglio to McDonald. They are both going to make you more money than Dickson and Coniglio.

Benloz

Deledio, Suckling, M.Clarke, Hombsch, S.Morris, Dempsey (Bower, Ellis)
Gazza, S.Thompson, S.Selwood, JPKennedy, Masten, Magner (Shiel, C.Smith)
Sandi, Hale (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Goodes, D.Martin, Fyfe, Reid (Kennedy, Hall)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which trigger would you pull?
Ablett + S.Reid â€"> Stanton + Dahlhous/Tippett (Im sick of Reid already)
Ablett + Shiel/Magner â€"> Stanton + Barlow (2 almost Premium mids)
Shiel/Magner + Reid â€"> J-Mac + Dahlhous (Make some $$$)
Sit tight on Ablett and just get J-mac in
â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"-
20 trades left….
$110k cash spare….

Fletch74

- Firstly, I wouldn't get Stanton - too up and down for me!
- Why not get rid of Smith?
- Shiel and Magner still have some money left in them.
- I'd only trade GAJ if you were high overall, otherwise hold him.
- I'd go Reid and C Smith for Treloar and McDonald with some cash spare for the Magner/Shiel upgrade next week, etc
- If high overall, do first option, but not Stanton, I'd do Murphy or Pendles.

PowerBug

Quote from: Babylove on April 24, 2012, 11:10:26 AM
My team is:

Defenders: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Hargrave, C. Guthrie, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, S. Morris)

Midfielders: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett (inj), S. Mitchell, D. Thomas(inj), S. Selwood, J. Magner (S. Coniglio, D. Shiel)

Rucks: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)

Forwards: L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy, D Smith (A.Hall, T. Dickson)

Cash left: $33,300

Trades left: 23

I'm considering Treloar & J. McDonald. Should I bring them in or hold onto my trades? If I bring them in then for who?

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 24, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
With 23 trades left, you're in a good position trade wise. I would trade Dickson to Treloar and Coniglio to McDonald. They are both going to make you more money than Dickson and Coniglio.
Yep, agree with Fletch. If you want more cash then go Hall >> Treloar.

Quote from: Benloz on April 24, 2012, 11:18:38 AM
Deledio, Suckling, M.Clarke, Hombsch, S.Morris, Dempsey (Bower, Ellis)
Gazza, S.Thompson, S.Selwood, JPKennedy, Masten, Magner (Shiel, C.Smith)
Sandi, Hale (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Goodes, D.Martin, Fyfe, Reid (Kennedy, Hall)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which trigger would you pull?
Ablett + S.Reid –> Stanton + Dahlhous/Tippett (Im sick of Reid already)
Ablett + Shiel/Magner –> Stanton + Barlow (2 almost Premium mids)
Shiel/Magner + Reid –> J-Mac + Dahlhous (Make some $$$)
Sit tight on Ablett and just get J-mac in
————————————————————————————————-
20 trades left….
$110k cash spare….
Clay Smith >> McDonald
Reid >> Dahlhaus

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on April 24, 2012, 11:33:41 AM
Quote from: Fletch74 on April 24, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
Yep, agree with Fletch. If you want more cash then go Hall >> Treloar.
Agree with PB, though Hall can still make you some $$$ as well. Just be weary.

T Dog

Quote from: PowerBug on April 24, 2012, 11:06:20 AM

I wouldn't worry about trades, my personal view is trade hard and early and get a team of 18-19 keepers quickly. Personally i'm leaving the back upgrades until last, as the rookies there can score 70-80 and the premiums are pretty thin.

In my team i will have only 17 trades left after this week, albeit my starting side was pretty poor as i couldn't get on before lockout, but by trading early it could get you the extra edge in those league games from rounds 8-10. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the all comments Guys. I will pull the trigger on Ablett and Coniglio for Hayes and Barlow on Friday. Mids finished then. ...depending on Abletts price when he fires up next ::) Will have Selwood, Pendlebury , Swan, Judd, Hayes and Barlow. :-\ Magner and Shiel on the pine.

felsty

Hey guys great idea and thanks so much for it the help!
My current team is..

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Ellis, Bugg <Morris, Mohr>
Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Boyd, Magner, McDonald <Shiel, Coniglio>
Cox, Mumford <Giles, Redden>
Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Kennedy, Treloar, Milera <Smith, Hall>

My question is should I downgrade Mumford or Cox to Orren Stephenson and get in Pendlebury at the expense of either Magner or Coniglio or am I best to just wait over the next two rounds and downgrade/upgrade rookies to get Pendlebury then?

With Ablett gone for the next few weeks, Coniglio and Magner looking as though they have reached their peak, and Giles playing well enough to be my second ruck it seems like a logical thing to do..

Fletch74

Interesting dilemma felsty...

I wouldn't trade Mumford to Stephenson. I'm not sewn on his JS. I would look at Kreuzer and pocket the $$$. With a 4 premium midfield losing GAJ is not too bad for you. I still believe that Magner and Coniglio can still make you some more $$$. I would look at upgrading/downgrading them next week with Neale, etc. With that upgrade you can get your 5th prem midfielder.

Milera's BE is not too good at the moment, so he might be the one you look at downgrading this week, although there aren't too many Fwd rookies coming through, unless Smedts or Dickson play this week...

Hippo

So guys.... Ablett? in out yah nay

im ranked in the top 100 so do i bench him for 2 weeks and not take the risk of getting rid of him OR do i trade him too Murphy to try and keep improving the overall rank!

Murphy now? and not Ablett till the ass end of the yr?

play rookie? and have Ablett for the yr but not these 2 rds?

im on the fence!

only have 19 trade too, Mids are:
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner (Sheil, MacDonald)

so for 2 weeks
Pendles (C), Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner, MacDonald (Sheil, Ablett)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Hippo on April 24, 2012, 01:16:49 PM
So guys.... Ablett? in out yah nay

im ranked in the top 100 so do i bench him for 2 weeks and not take the risk of getting rid of him OR do i trade him too Murphy to try and keep improving the overall rank!

Murphy now? and not Ablett till the ass end of the yr?

play rookie? and have Ablett for the yr but not these 2 rds?

im on the fence!

only have 19 trade too, Mids are:
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner (Sheil, MacDonald)

so for 2 weeks
Pendles (C), Selwood, Hayes, Masten, Magner, MacDonald (Sheil, Ablett)
its the million dollar question and no one has the answer..  if u arnt gunna trade him to a pies or dons player, then u have 3 days to see what news comes out about the lenght of the injury..  im thinking i might take an each way bet and trade him in one of the comps and keep him in the other..  but who knows what my trade finger will do while im sleeping :)

Fletch74

Nice midfield Hippo :)

Because of that, I'd probably hold, but if he's out for 2 weeks, that could be dire!! For me, it would depend on how your other lines are going. Plus you're trades are a bit skinny.

If you were to swap him, I'd make it a Rd 11 bye player, as you already have 2 rd 12, and one rd 13 bye players. If you get a Rd 13 player, then when you bring him back... That's presuming you're keeping Lenny and Masten.

If you do, I'd upgrade Magner when you bring him back.