Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: sidvicious on April 23, 2012, 09:50:45 PM
O.K heres the team

DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, C. Dempsey, B. Lake, M. Clarke (T. Bugg, B. Ellis)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Caddy, J. Magner, M. Boyd, C. Smith (T.Ledger, D. Shiel)
RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (J. Redden, S. Rowe)
FWD: C. Pearce, A. Hall, L. Franklin, D. Hale, D. Martin, A. Goodes, J. Cameron (D. Smith, A. Treloar)

Hers the issue
Do I trade Ledger for J.Mac or Barlow this week  $450k in the bank and only done 3 trades so far
Thanks
how long are you planing on keeping MAgner?? Getting in Barlow will give you 3 players (Swan, Magner and Barlow) all with the R12 bye, What about Mitchell or Murphy, do you have enough cash ??

sidvicious

Quote from: tabs on April 23, 2012, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: sidvicious on April 23, 2012, 09:50:45 PM
O.K heres the team

DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, C. Dempsey, B. Lake, M. Clarke (T. Bugg, B. Ellis)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Caddy, J. Magner, M. Boyd, C. Smith (T.Ledger, D. Shiel)
RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (J. Redden, S. Rowe)
FWD: C. Pearce, A. Hall, L. Franklin, D. Hale, D. Martin, A. Goodes, J. Cameron (D. Smith, A. Treloar)

Hers the issue
Do I trade Ledger for J.Mac or Barlow this week  $450k in the bank and only done 3 trades so far
Thanks
how long are you planing on keeping MAgner?? Getting in Barlow will give you 3 players (Swan, Magner and Barlow) all with the R12 bye, What about Mitchell or Murphy, do you have enough cash ??
Magner would be gone by rnd 12

Ringo

You definitely need to trade Old Mac into team this week - B/e -117 so will rise substantially after this week. So ledger to MacDonald. Clay Smith is also not getting games after his initial 102 so I would be tempted to go him to Barlow as well if you consider Barlow a keeper in your team. has only had a small increase in price due to first round scores being low.  These will disappear from rolling average and if he scores another 100 this week will rise a fair bit in price.

This all depends on whether you are keeping or trading Ablett.

sidvicious

Quote from: Ringo on April 23, 2012, 10:05:39 PM
You definitely need to trade Old Mac into team this week - B/e -117 so will rise substantially after this week. So ledger to MacDonald. Clay Smith is also not getting games after his initial 102 so I would be tempted to go him to Barlow as well if you consider Barlow a keeper in your team. has only had a small increase in price due to first round scores being low.  These will disappear from rolling average and if he scores another 100 this week will rise a fair bit in price.

This all depends on whether you are keeping or trading Ablett.
Keeping Ablett Sorry should have said I have already traded Smedts to trealor so I only have one trade left this week Trading in Barlow could also give me a problem with the bye as in the coming weeks  I plan to get Pendles . I'm really only going for league win

GCSkiwi

Just made a thread then saw this...

Current team:
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Carazzo, Hargrave, Bugg, Mohr, Morris (Ellis, Smedts)
Mid: Ablett, J.Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, McDonald, Magner (Fyfe, Shiel)
Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, D.Martin, Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Kennedy, D.Smith (Milera, A.Hall)

21 trades to use, only 4k in the bank.

I'm worried about Fyfe and Carazzo, not particularly liking Dusty too. Like the looks of Goodes and Pendles (especially pendles price dropping). Could get them both (over 2 weeks) but it means sacrificing either Christensen or Dusty. Pendles could come in for Carazzo and Fyfe alone (they are both in the gun for sure).

Going for League, thoughts?

B.

Here's my team guys
B- Goddard, Deledio, birchall, shaw, lake, bugg, mohr
Ellis, Morris
M- ablett, pendlebury, Murphy, selwood, magner, McDonald
Shiel, Greene
R- Mumford, Giles
Redden, Stephenson
F- Franklin, goodes, sidebottom, Martin, Kennedy, Milera, smith
Hall, Cameron

Havent started well so far.. Thinking Milera- Treloar and either zeibell or Barlow in
Thoughts?  21 trades and 80k

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Cheers on the invite for some advice gents. Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Current Team

Def: God, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Bugg, Clarke, Guthrie, (Ellis, Boumann)
Mid: Gaj, Pendles, Murphy, Selwood, Magner, MacDonald, (Wingard, Ledger)
Ruck: Cox, Giles, (Big O, Redden)
Fwd: Franklin, Tippet, Riewoldt, Martin, Kennedy, Milera, Smith D, (Tomlinson, Smedts)
$170,800 in bank

20 Trades left. (Kepping Ablett - Thinking he will be back for GWS (Fingers crossed), and has every chance of going up in price more making him even harder to get back)

Treloar to trade in is a lock, seems to be the only bubble boy worth grabbing this week. Wingard is bothering me so it looks like he will get the chop for Treloar.

Looking around at potential upgrade targets for a second trade this week I only really see Sidebottom or Suckling within reach although Milera would need to be the trade down to Treloar to achieve this.

Am now thinking this second trade should be L Parker. Is on the rise, will be an easy upgrade in a couple of rounds time to another prem mid, will hopefully get some good scores over the next few weeks etc etc - Basically a stepping stone to a Prem.

What do you all think, and / or is there anything else you think I should be looking at doing first? Trying to trade aggresively, but also smart and concerned that next week two more trades will be used, trading down Milera, Guthrie Kennedy etc to Round 6 bubble boys (Miles, Shaw, Crisp, Pfeiffer)

Capper

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 23, 2012, 10:19:34 PM
Just made a thread then saw this...

Current team:
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Carazzo, Hargrave, Bugg, Mohr, Morris (Ellis, Smedts)
Mid: Ablett, J.Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, McDonald, Magner (Fyfe, Shiel)
Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, D.Martin, Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Kennedy, D.Smith (Milera, A.Hall)

21 trades to use, only 4k in the bank.

I'm worried about Fyfe and Carazzo, not particularly liking Dusty too. Like the looks of Goodes and Pendles (especially pendles price dropping). Could get them both (over 2 weeks) but it means sacrificing either Christensen or Dusty. Pendles could come in for Carazzo and Fyfe alone (they are both in the gun for sure).

Going for League, thoughts?
Well Carrots is out for 6-8 and we dont know what Fyfe is doing yet regarding surgery. I would trade Carrots for maybe Esk, Birchalli or Heater (if he plays). In regards to your premium mids, i would keep them as premium mids and your premium mids should not be dpp. I would move Fyfe to the fwds and then trade Fyfe out to get in a premi fwd like Cloke, Robo, Stevie J, Chappy or Goodes. Please check your bye structures before trading in players

Capper

Quote from: B. on April 23, 2012, 10:26:17 PM
Here's my team guys
B- Goddard, Deledio, birchall, shaw, lake, bugg, mohr
Ellis, Morris
M- ablett, pendlebury, Murphy, selwood, magner, McDonald
Shiel, Greene
R- Mumford, Giles
Redden, Stephenson
F- Franklin, goodes, sidebottom, Martin, Kennedy, Milera, smith
Hall, Cameron

Havent started well so far.. Thinking Milera- Treloar and either zeibell or Barlow in
Thoughts?  21 trades and 80k
Sounds like the Milera to Treloar is just for the Cash?? True?? If Milera gets his average of 60+ for 3 weeks then he will go up about $50-60k over that period. If you get Trelaor and he gets 70+ then he gets the $60k in one week. If you do the trade you will have 4 GWS in your fwds and thus have to spend 4 trades trading them out. You already have 10 GWS players already, thats enough imo.

tbagrocks

is Tom Young likley to play more games, a good option for Morris? also thinking Sam Shaw, looked pretty good and finds the ball in the SANFL

Capper

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on April 23, 2012, 10:49:33 PM
Cheers on the invite for some advice gents. Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Current Team

Def: God, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Bugg, Clarke, Guthrie, (Ellis, Boumann)
Mid: Gaj, Pendles, Murphy, Selwood, Magner, MacDonald, (Wingard, Ledger)
Ruck: Cox, Giles, (Big O, Redden)
Fwd: Franklin, Tippet, Riewoldt, Martin, Kennedy, Milera, Smith D, (Tomlinson, Smedts)
$170,800 in bank

20 Trades left. (Kepping Ablett - Thinking he will be back for GWS (Fingers crossed), and has every chance of going up in price more making him even harder to get back)

Treloar to trade in is a lock, seems to be the only bubble boy worth grabbing this week. Wingard is bothering me so it looks like he will get the chop for Treloar.

Looking around at potential upgrade targets for a second trade this week I only really see Sidebottom or Suckling within reach although Milera would need to be the trade down to Treloar to achieve this.

Am now thinking this second trade should be L Parker. Is on the rise, will be an easy upgrade in a couple of rounds time to another prem mid, will hopefully get some good scores over the next few weeks etc etc - Basically a stepping stone to a Prem.

What do you all think, and / or is there anything else you think I should be looking at doing first? Trying to trade aggresively, but also smart and concerned that next week two more trades will be used, trading down Milera, Guthrie Kennedy etc to Round 6 bubble boys (Miles, Shaw, Crisp, Pfeiffer)
4 trades already down and you want to do 2 more, thats alot to use this early in to the comp.

Wingard was used as a sub last game and thus missed his BE. I dont know if his role will chance now that Gray is out. Best person to talk to about this would be PowerBug, he knows Port better than most.

Its not worth getting Parker in for a couple of weeks if you are going to get rid of him. If you are after cash, get a cash cow not a mid priced that has already gone up in price.

In a nutshell, talk to PB about Wingard, dont trade in Parker and only trade out players once they have hit the bubble http://www.fanfooty.com.au/bubble-supercoach.php

Colliwobblers

Nice work guys.

Q #1. FOR YOU RINGO - Where the F.A.R.K is ZORKO!, seriously what have they done with my rook? and hows Docherty going in the magoo's the match reports don't tell you much?

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 24, 2012, 01:06:26 AM
Nice work guys.

Q #1. FOR YOU RINGO - Where the F.A.R.K is ZORKO!, seriously what have they done with my rook? and hows Docherty going in the magoo's the match reports don't tell you much?
not to steal Ringo's light here but i asked Ringo the same question via PM and he replied with the following. Thanks Ringo!!!!
Not on our injury list now.  Was expecting to see him named in the reserves but was not so not sure whether he is still gaining fitness outside. (was lso a top of the table clash so that may of had some influence as well) Will watch with interest this weekend in the NEAFL as I am waiting for both Zorko and Docherty to be named gain fitness in the reserves.  Both will be handy downgrade targets if playing and not on the bubble by Round 11.
A handy downgrade target if wishing to downgrade and has not been mentioned may be Jack Crisp who seems have leaped over a number of players.  Looked good and found the ball a lot on Saturday night.

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 24, 2012, 12:18:13 AM
is Tom Young likley to play more games, a good option for Morris? also thinking Sam Shaw, looked pretty good and finds the ball in the SANFL
i dont know the Pies and Crows lists that well but both players were brought in and played against relatively easier teams on the weekend. Young came in for Reid and will be fighting with Paine for that spot once Shaw comes back. Shaw came in for Otten, not sure why will be interesting to see if Shaw or Otten is chosen against Port this weekend

Rusty00

Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 01:44:14 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on April 24, 2012, 12:18:13 AM
i dont know the Pies and Crows lists that well but both players were brought in and played against relatively easier teams on the weekend. Young came in for Reid and will be fighting with Paine for that spot once Shaw comes back. Shaw came in for Otten, not sure why will be interesting to see if Shaw or Otten is chosen against Port this weekend
Otten was/is out of form hence why he was dropped. Shaw played a lot during pre-season because Rutten was out injured. Johncock is another defender who missed the GWS match so I wouldn't say Shaw's job secuirty is the best. However if he plays well, then it makes it harder for them to drop him  ;)