Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: sammy_boy on April 24, 2012, 04:18:58 PM
coaches. i need thoughts on dustin martin keep him or what he just costing me to much. but i feel i should stick with him
he has played Carlton, Collingwood and Geelong which are tough opponents, and the dees who arent. His draw gets better after the bye with Crows, Dees, GC, Roos, Blues lion, dogs, Freo, dons and port, with GWS before the bye. He has WC away which will be tough. Stick with him, all that dont have him will be looking at getting him, dont burn the trades

Capper

Quote from: Noz on April 24, 2012, 05:21:26 PM
Defence: Goddard, Lids, Broughts, Waters, Lake, Clarke, Bugg (Bower, Ellis)
Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Rocky, Murphy, Shiel, Magner (Cogsy, Ledger)
Rucks: Sandi, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
Forward: Franklin, Goodes, Lewis, Martin, Porps, Kennedy, Milera (Hall, Smith)

$47,800

Trades used
Dicko - Milera
Mummy - Sandi
Fyfe - Lewis

Can anyone recommend some choices I have for my team I have been averaged 2100 but would like to bump that up, Overall ranking is 13000 would love to crack top 5000 soon.

What trades are on the table in the coming weeks for me?
The first trade that i would be looking at is Bower. i dont know how much longer he will be in the team but his time in the team may now be extended with Carrots going down. His price is also almost topped out

Noz

Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 05:31:48 PM

$47,800

Trades used
Dicko - Milera
Mummy - Sandi
Fyfe - Lewis

Can anyone recommend some choices I have for my team I have been averaged 2100 but would like to bump that up, Overall ranking is 13000 would love to crack top 5000 soon.

The first trade that i would be looking at is Bower. i dont know how much longer he will be in the team but his time in the team may now be extended with Carrots going down. His price is also almost topped out

Cogsy - Macca
Bower - who?

Thanks by the way appreciate it

Ringo

Quote from: Marcos83 on April 24, 2012, 05:23:57 PM
my team with 144,000 in bank and also 24 trades left.

Defense

goddard, deledio, brought, malceski, lake, clarke, ellis,
darley, bugg

Midfield

GAJ, Selwood, Swan, Boyd(Pendles?), conigilio, shiel
Magner, Miles

Rucks
Hmac, giles
Redden, BID Ã"

Forward

Franlin, Fyfe, Chaps, Martin, Dangerfield, Porps, Smith
Couch, kennedy

was thinking conoglio to macdonald and then yarran to goddard. Please help to improve. Thanks
Just by way of clarification have you got Goddard at the moment or Yarran as you have him listed in the Team.
Either way I think these 2 trades are must for you this week - Ledger to McDonald and Cogs to Treloar Both these players will rise substantially after this week and time to jump on.

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on April 24, 2012, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 05:31:48 PM

$47,800

Trades used
Dicko - Milera
Mummy - Sandi
Fyfe - Lewis

Cogsy - Macca
Bower - who?

Thanks by the way appreciate it
If you want to get rid of Bower this week look at Geary has risen quite a lot already but has a B/e of just 7 this week as well so further increase will come. There is no real need to trade Bower as he will easily achieve his B/e and will give you a chance to see whether he will have an increased role with carrots out.

charliesheen

Trading Bower would be extremely illogical.  Especially given Laidler is now sidelined.  You paid ~150K which is pretty much rookie level, even if he ends up on your bench a few times he will make $$$.

Ringo

Agree with CS now had not heard about Laidler sidelined so a definite keep now.

Footyrulz

If Fyfe is named, then I will keep him. But if he isn't then I would definately trade, preferably for Pendels.

However if I wait till he is named, then it will be too late to get Pendels.

Should I just get Pendels now? (keeping in mind I would prefer to keep Fyfe)

or get Murphy if Fyfe then isn't named on Thursday?

Also when are the ANZAc teams coming out?

Thank you.

The Bomber

Coaches are to submit their teams for ANZAC by 5pm today. In saying that James Hird has said that there will probably be some changes to the team put forth today if players are still feeling sore tomorrow. The teams should be on the AFL site by 6 pm, i think they can only release it after Channel 7's news broadcast.

Capper

Quote from: charliesheen on April 24, 2012, 06:16:24 PM
Trading Bower would be extremely illogical.  Especially given Laidler is now sidelined.  You paid ~150K which is pretty much rookie level, even if he ends up on your bench a few times he will make $$$.
Wasnt aware that Laidler was sidelined. Keep Bower for a while will keep making money if he scores about 60+ a game

Noz

Quote from: tabs on April 24, 2012, 07:12:43 PM
Quote from: charliesheen on April 24, 2012, 06:16:24 PM
Wasnt aware that Laidler was sidelined. Keep Bower for a while will keep making money if he scores about 60+ a game
Yeah just clarified he is out for 5-6 weeks but now that Laidler out will Bower play a more defensive role, he played the majority of last weeks game in the forward line. Hopefully with Walker coming back he can go back.
Going to hold my defensive line for a few more weeks as everyone are still scoring decent. May pick up Yarran if he continues to drop.

Footyrulz

Quote from: The Bomber on April 24, 2012, 06:51:54 PM
Coaches are to submit their teams for ANZAC by 5pm today. In saying that James Hird has said that there will probably be some changes to the team put forth today if players are still feeling sore tomorrow. The teams should be on the AFL site by 6 pm, i think they can only release it after Channel 7's news broadcast.
thanks for that.

please answer my other question too.

bomberboy0618

Like to point out that its partial lockout Ringo so dont lock the thread till Friday.
And for Footyrulz:
First off, spell it right. Pendles*
I would get Murphy. Pendles has this rd where the 62 is included in his rolling avg IIRC.
Plus I think that Fyfe-Murphy leaves a bit more cash, and the ppg difference between Pendles and Murphy is neglible at best.
Hope this helps!

Ringo

Quote from: Footyrulz on April 24, 2012, 06:28:39 PM
If Fyfe is named, then I will keep him. But if he isn't then I would definately trade, preferably for Pendels.

However if I wait till he is named, then it will be too late to get Pendels.

Should I just get Pendels now? (keeping in mind I would prefer to keep Fyfe)

or get Murphy if Fyfe then isn't named on Thursday?

Also when are the ANZAc teams coming out?

Thank you.
This is a difficult one and you need to go with your gut.  Are Pendles, Murphy and Fyfe in your desired team. If yes then I would till Friday Final Team announcements bearing in mind that can still change and if Fyfe named keep but if not go Murphy. However if Pendles is a higher priority than both then obviusly you would need to trade prior to lockout tomorrow.  One question though are you wearing a donut for Fyfe or do you have cover because if you have cover I would just hold. Reason Pendles has a B/e of 188 which he is probably not going to get so his price will fall a little whereas Fyfes will not change.
So basically I am saying if you have cover sit as you may only be loosing 50/60 points by not trading Fyfe.

Ringo

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 24, 2012, 07:58:57 PM
Like to point out that its partial lockout Ringo so dont lock the thread till Friday.
BB will lock temporarily at 2;00pm tomorrow if there is a fair bit of traffic in the thread just so we can get through prior to 2:40 and then unlock.