Previous topic - Next topic

Nyn

Final 2 trades advice.

Current team.
Shaw, delidio, goddard, enright, waters, scottland, carrots -shaw townsend
Ablett, jelwood, pendles, priddus, hayes, rockliff -baguely sexton
Maric, nicnat - bigo Jenkins
Pav, sidey, franklin, martin, goodes, fyfe, zorko - cloke dickson

So at the moment I'm disalponted with rockliff and obviously have a must win this week.

My plans
CLOKE > TIPPET
ROCKLIFF > SWAN

then I would obviously decide if I should field tippet instead of zorko and swing zorko to the mid emg as bags isn't prelim worthy cover.

These trades with leave me $800 and 0 trades.

Other ideas are obviously cash in franklin to SJ and rocky to who ever.

Blues Blues Blues

Hi guys,

I just started a poll, but thought I might ask the question here as well.

I need some help deciding who to bench. Current fwd line is:

Beams, Sidey, Danger, Stevie J, GOODES, ZORKO, CHAPPY (MARTIN, Darling)

Thinking of benching 1 of the 4 guys in capitals, my short bio on each is below:
- Martin: scored 54 and can be inconsistent, but should tear up depleted Bombers Fri nyt??
- Goodes: scored 131 but has been ordinary prior. Hawks will be much tougher than Bulldogs
- Chappy: 62 and played fwd last week. But possibly was just to 'ease' in after week out with calf, and should be right and back to normal role this week?
- Zorko: last 2 weeks has been 'off' and below where he has been?

Would appreciate some thoughts, thanks guys

Ringo

Quote from: FonFatty on August 21, 2012, 03:14:01 AM
Hi there guys,
Been contemplating for over a week now (went straight through to prelim) which 1 of these guys to trade out for Carrazzo this week. Martin or Zorko out, switch Baguley into midfield then pull the trigger on Carrots.
Have 2 trades with $30k in bank and am looking at only doing the 1 trade.

Team is;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Ellis (Baguley, Darley)

Ablett (c), Swan, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Zorko)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Fyfe (Sexton, Saad)

Am going to lose the fwd/mid multi position option by doing this, am going to gain the def/mid multi position option though.
I can keep both players and upgrade/downgrade with my last 2 trades but whats the point off having $500k players on the pine. Would rather keep my last trade if I make it through to next week.

Have I got any other options? Would appreciate your thoughts on my dilemma
Know you do not like the idea of a double trade but I would do this week. My question would be is the DPP worth it when you have Gibson as mid cover.  I would consider this trade Martin to a roookie mid/forward Switch Zorko to forwards and then upgrade one of Baguely/Darley to Carazzo.  Martin has been absolute rubbish in recent weeks and if I had a playing a bench he would be on the bench. Your decision though

Ringo

Quote from: Nyn on August 21, 2012, 04:12:53 AM
Final 2 trades advice.

Current team.
Shaw, delidio, goddard, enright, waters, scottland, carrots -shaw townsend
Ablett, jelwood, pendles, priddus, hayes, rockliff -baguely sexton
Maric, nicnat - bigo Jenkins
Pav, sidey, franklin, martin, goodes, fyfe, zorko - cloke dickson

So at the moment I'm disalponted with rockliff and obviously have a must win this week.

My plans
CLOKE > TIPPET
ROCKLIFF > SWAN

then I would obviously decide if I should field tippet instead of zorko and swing zorko to the mid emg as bags isn't prelim worthy cover.

These trades with leave me $800 and 0 trades.

Other ideas are obviously cash in franklin to SJ and rocky to who ever.
My opinion - Tippet has been scoring just as erratically as Cloke so would not consider this trade.  I would look at the Franklin to Stevie J trade and Rockcliff to whoever you desire.  As an alternative who can you afford as a straight swap with Rockliff and leaving one trade.

Ringo

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on August 21, 2012, 05:51:28 AM
Hi guys,

I just started a poll, but thought I might ask the question here as well.

I need some help deciding who to bench. Current fwd line is:

Beams, Sidey, Danger, Stevie J, GOODES, ZORKO, CHAPPY (MARTIN, Darling)

Thinking of benching 1 of the 4 guys in capitals, my short bio on each is below:
- Martin: scored 54 and can be inconsistent, but should tear up depleted Bombers Fri nyt??
- Goodes: scored 131 but has been ordinary prior. Hawks will be much tougher than Bulldogs
- Chappy: 62 and played fwd last week. But possibly was just to 'ease' in after week out with calf, and should be right and back to normal role this week?
- Zorko: last 2 weeks has been 'off' and below where he has been?

Would appreciate some thoughts, thanks guys
Personally I would still stick with Martin.  I have 3 of those you have (do not have Chappy) and if Treloar is back Martin will be on my bench.
Zorko still scored 93 last week not bad for a forward and Brisbane play Port this week.
Goodes is Goodes and we know what he can do and always comes good at the pointy end of the season. 

colmullet

i only have one trade left and only 2,800 in the bank so my last trade will be pretty much a straight swap.....do i pull the trigger this week and do something like Heppel -> Yarran/Hanley or Chappy -> Lewis/Hawkins or do i sit on my hands for another week, hope that my team is good enough as it stands and save it in case of injury this week?

The Bomber

Quote from: colmullet on August 21, 2012, 02:24:43 PM
i only have one trade left and only 2,800 in the bank so my last trade will be pretty much a straight swap.....do i pull the trigger this week and do something like Heppel -> Yarran/Hanley or Chappy -> Lewis/Hawkins or do i sit on my hands for another week, hope that my team is good enough as it stands and save it in case of injury this week?

It all depends on your matchup. Realistically Heppell--> Yarran or Chappy-->Lewis is not going to win you a match normally. I would say hold but there may be other options worth considering if you post your team...

colmullet

The Bomber

I would hold unless someone doesn't play (Buddy). Heppell --> Yarran etc will net about 20 points if you are lucky, thats not going to be a deciding factor in a match...

FonFatty

Quote from: Ringo on August 21, 2012, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: FonFatty on August 21, 2012, 03:14:01 AM
Hi there guys,
Been contemplating for over a week now (went straight through to prelim) which 1 of these guys to trade out for Carrazzo this week. Martin or Zorko out, switch Baguley into midfield then pull the trigger on Carrots.
Have 2 trades with $30k in bank and am looking at only doing the 1 trade.

Team is;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Ellis (Baguley, Darley)

Ablett (c), Swan, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Zorko)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Fyfe (Sexton, Saad)

Am going to lose the fwd/mid multi position option by doing this, am going to gain the def/mid multi position option though.
I can keep both players and upgrade/downgrade with my last 2 trades but whats the point off having $500k players on the pine. Would rather keep my last trade if I make it through to next week.

Have I got any other options? Would appreciate your thoughts on my dilemma
Know you do not like the idea of a double trade but I would do this week. My question would be is the DPP worth it when you have Gibson as mid cover.  I would consider this trade Martin to a roookie mid/forward Switch Zorko to forwards and then upgrade one of Baguely/Darley to Carazzo.  Martin has been absolute rubbish in recent weeks and if I had a playing a bench he would be on the bench. Your decision though
If I go by your suggestion I can just swap Zorko & Martin straight up and turn Martin into Carrazzo saving me a trade. Swap Baguley with Carrazzo in the the midfield.
I think after team news I will have some more issues to deal with, McEvoy in doubt, Pavlich in doubt, Buddy in doubt... If McEvoy misses and one of Pav and Buddy miss I will have the cover for them (dont trade Zorko or Martin), I will have to sideways trade McEvoy to maybe Sandi & then trade Gibson for Carrazzo.
One player that I am afraid off (my opponent has him) is Dangerfield, although my opponent doesn't have Beams.

Ringo

Amazing what a couple of days can do to a plan.

Buddy imo will definitely play but as you say you have doubts with McEvoy and Pav.  Wait for team announcements and then decide. You may have to do sideways trade to cover.

Do not worry too much about Danger as imo Danger and Beams go close to cancelling each other out.

Slammer

Hey Ringo,

Just wondering if I should use my last trades this week or not (of course depending on the GS injury etc.)
This is how it looks on paper so far.
2 trades and $134K
Could go Suckling to Birchall or bring in S.Shaw and bench Suckling.
Or go Treloar to Steve J and Dal Santo to Selwood.
Not sure...Any other ideas would be appreciated.
My concern is Harvey getting the Crowley tag (if he plays) and Watson and/or Steve J firing for him.
Do I try and bring in Steve J or something similiar to match him or back my side and keep two trades for GF if I make it.?

Him            vs          Me

Dempsey     -           Waters
Lake           -           Suckling

Watson      -            Thompson
Hayes        -             Dal Santo

Cox           -             Maric

ROK          -             Beams
Steve J     -             Danger
N.Roo       -             Harvey
J. Roo       -             Fyfe
Cloke        -              Zorko

Ringo

I would hold Slammer because if these are the POD imo you win easily on paper. (See you winning 7 on paper) Obviously you do not know his trades.  Wait for Team announcements to see if you need to trade.
If worried about Harvey I would be tempted to play Treloar if named as his last 3 have been 99, 129,115 which will match N Roo at the moment as well.  Your decision though.

blue

ok coaches have planned for the last 6 weeks to bring in pendlebury this week and maybe a luxury trade, but due to buddy, rioli and nroo  trouble the plan got thrown out the window. I had big plans with my backs but with all the other trouble i just decided to ride that rollercoaster. i didnt have a bad week last week with a score of 2526 even with couchs 27. Im ranked about 25000, which im happy with. so the question is what to do next?
my thoughts are trade gibson to any prem mid. as stated was going to go pendlebury but has not been great of late so was thinking swan and then thinking of keeping my last trade for GF. any help would be great, heres the team

backs are lids, goddard, grimes, yarran, phil davis, carrots, lake. bench S.Shaw, whiley

mids. ablett, murphy, jpk, hayes, bartel, gibson.  bench c smith, crozier

rucks. McEvoy, kreuzer bench jenkins and cordy

forwards. danger, beams, pav, stevie J, zorko, buddy, J darling bench nroo and couch

i have 2 trades left and 260k in the bank

thanks in advance

Ringo

Obviously wait for teams as that may answer the question for you.
Upgrading Gibson given his for at the moment is only worth 20/30 pts. Is it worth the trade now.  Look at your opponents match ups as that may also give you an indication of where to trade.  If after looking at that and you think you can still win hold for finals and then go for broke.