Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

You missed out a word Ringo. You leaning towards Pav or Fyfe?
I am thinking Fyfe  as it leave me with 3 trades and $242k or using two trades and downgrading Darley and up grading Pfeiffer meaning I would still keep Buddy leaving Zorko as bench cover next week..

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on August 10, 2012, 08:03:24 AM
I am thinking Fyfe  as it leave me with 3 trades and $242k or using two trades and downgrading Darley and up grading Pfeiffer meaning I would still keep Buddy leaving Zorko as bench cover next week..
My bad should have re read - Leaning towards Fyfe.

Ringo

Quote from: FonFatty on August 09, 2012, 01:49:16 PM
Hi guys,
Would appreciate an opinion from you guys on my thoughts for this week.
Have 3 trades with $55k in the bank
Team is;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Baguley (Ellis, Darley)

Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Sexton)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Zorko (Porplyzia, Saad)

Have a double chance in both my main leagues but with the trades I have in mind they will get me over the line I think.
I want to do Swan > Carrazzo and Porplyzia > Dangerfield.
I can swing Dangerfield into the midfield and I can swap Baguley with Carrazzo in my defence.

Team will look like this with 1 trade remaining;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Carrazzo (Ellis, Darley)

Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Baguley)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Zorko (Sexton, Saad)

Reason I want to get rid of Swan is when he comes back in to the side they have a tough road trip to Perth and cant see him scoring massive against them up there, although against the bombers he might go big in the GF, but is it worth holding onto him for that one game? With Porplyzia he has maxed out plus this shoulder injury is concerning.
Am I doing the right thing?
Couple of things for you.

Firstly have a look ay your opponents unique to see if you to need to upgrade further. Think you need to look at defence with 4 rookies still there bit of a rsik going into finals. You still have 3 after the trades.
However the trades you suggest are sound though not a real fan of playing Dangerfield in Mids. Trdaes will also waeken your benches which may be a disadvantage in finals.
I would be tempted to just do a single trade this week if you can win and that would be Porps to Fyfe.  Gibson is scoring well enough to cover Swan anyway. Your reasons to trade swan are sound but the flip side may be he will come back with a point to prove to his team mates and really step it up so that would be a reason to keep him.
Assess next week with final trades for defence.
Just something to consider but like most of us we all have less trades thean we had hoped.

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on August 10, 2012, 08:26:12 AM
Quote from: Slammer on August 10, 2012, 08:03:24 AM
My bad should have re read - Leaning towards Fyfe.

Ha ha..Thanks mate.
Yeah Fyfe looks the go I guess.
I could do the Darley/Pfieffer downgrade/upgrade for Pav but I guess that would burn two trades.
Would probably be overkill in my fwd line with Zorko doing so well.
Not sure...would leave me with only two trades.

My side then would look like this:

B: Lids, Godd, Shaw, Carrazzo, Suckling, Lake, Scotland (Rookie?, S.Shaw)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Priddis (Baguley, Sexton)
R: Maric, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F:BUDDY, Martin, Beams, Harvey, Sidey, Danger, Pav (Treloar, Franklin)

boneman

Thoughts on trades in my position?

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Scotland, Lake, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson )
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Hall (Franklin, Couch)

4 Trades 188,100 (Finished 2nd in my league)

LAKE â€" WATERS
Shaw $$$ to make consistent scorer could possibly be D7. Lake going to lose $$$, yo-yo scores and the way the bulldogs are traveling he may suffer further.

FRANKLIN â€" PAVLICH
Buddy coming back under done fitness wise, could affect his scores. Pavlich a great run home, bit pricey however.

Opponent's uniques: (In BOLD)

Def: Birchall (Shaw.S)
Mid: Watson, Swallow, Murphy (Boyd, Priddis, Montagna)
Ruck: Cox, Mumford (Naitanui, Roughead/Stephenson)
For: Lewis, Christensen, DONUT (Beams, Riewoldt.N, Hall)

Unsure whether he will trade but has only a couple left...

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on August 10, 2012, 06:24:01 PM

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Scotland, Lake, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Hall (Franklin, Couch)

LAKE â€" WATERS
Shaw $$$ to make consistent scorer could possibly be D7. Lake going to lose $$$, yo-yo scores and the way the bulldogs are traveling he may suffer further.

FRANKLIN â€" PAVLICH
Buddy coming back under done fitness wise, could affect his scores. Pavlich a great run home, bit pricey however.

Think you have your opponent covered so hold.   If you win you get a week off from Leagues so you would still have 4 trades for final 2 rounds to cover GS as well.  I would however consider the Lake - Waters trade as lake will fall in value this week with a high B/e.

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on August 10, 2012, 06:55:41 PM

LAKE – WATERS

FRANKLIN – PAVLICH

Think you have your opponent covered so hold.   If you win you get a week off from Leagues so you would still have 4 trades for final 2 rounds to cover GS as well.  I would however consider the Lake - Waters trade as lake will fall in value this week with a high B/e.

I am concerned with Rougheads possible out that the contest sways back in his favour.

I know its crystal balling but if I strengthen now I can make a Prelim and sit back and see what happens for the week and then fingers crossed nothing to trade come Prelim time.

Its a massive what if, but wouldn't you prefer it this way than losing and then having to trade week 2 if injuries/suspensions occur and then relying on winning and having 2 at Prelim final time anyway?

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on August 10, 2012, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 10, 2012, 06:55:41 PM

LAKE â€" WATERS

FRANKLIN â€" PAVLICH

I am concerned with Rougheads possible out that the contest sways back in his favour.

I know its crystal balling but if I strengthen now I can make a Prelim and sit back and see what happens for the week and then fingers crossed nothing to trade come Prelim time.

Its a massive what if, but wouldn't you prefer it this way than losing and then having to trade week 2 if injuries/suspensions occur and then relying on winning and having 2 at Prelim final time anyway?
Take your point in making prelim but think you will anyway, It could boil down to how Stephenson handles  Cox and Nat. If you feel that is where you will loose it then I would suggest Jacobs or Maric.

Mat0369

6 Trades left, I am straight through to the prelim so I have a week off. I am going to make 2 trades this week but I am not exactly sure what to do.

$9,200 in cash

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Carrazzo, Lake, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Gibson, Taylor Adams
Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Saad

I am thinking of bringing Heath Shaw in for Lake but I don't want to do it this week just in case Shaw does not play next week. I know I have trades to burn, but I don't want to burn them like that. I was thinking that this week I downgrade Redden to Pattison to free up some cash. I am also thinking of downgrading Lake for some cash and I will do a double upgrade next week.

Option 1
Week 1: Redden>Pattison Lake>Shaw Week 2: Saad>Roughy Taylor Adams>Rookie with DPP

Option 2: Redden>Pattison Lake>rookie Week 2: Saad>Roughy Spurr or Shaw> Heath Shaw.

This will all depend on who is named and not named. I think I am better off doing the double downgrade this week. What do you think and do you have any suggestions on who to downgrade to if you don't like my options?

tor01doc

Hottest players at the moment would have to include Beams and Watson.

Can you get them?

Rockliff could go along with Saad / Adams for one of those 2 and a cheapie on the bubble.

Then for the GF, go for maybe Cox.

Over 3 weeks you'd get 'Watson Beams' Cox'? (hopefully not contagious)

Nyn

Will Thompson be rested for the R23 shellacking of GCS? Avg 148 against them in L3. Hasnt missed a game all year could be smart move by adelaide to rest.

Ringo

Quote from: Nyn on August 14, 2012, 02:17:56 AM
Will Thompson be rested for the R23 shellacking of GCS? Avg 148 against them in L3. Hasnt missed a game all year could be smart move by adelaide to rest.
Wish we all had that Chrystal ball to see if any Crows players would be rested,  I would ensure that you at least have emergency coverage or alternately have one trade left in case.  Would not trade out just yet though.

The Bomber

Quote from: Ringo on August 14, 2012, 11:27:42 AM
Quote from: Nyn on August 14, 2012, 02:17:56 AM
Wish we all had that Chrystal ball to see if any Crows players would be rested,  I would ensure that you at least have emergency coverage or alternately have one trade left in case.  Would not trade out just yet though.

Would you trade in? Such a great run but really worried about the general

Mat0369

Quote from: tor01doc on August 14, 2012, 12:19:52 AM
Hottest players at the moment would have to include Beams and Watson.

Can you get them?

Rockliff could go along with Saad / Adams for one of those 2 and a cheapie on the bubble.

Then for the GF, go for maybe Cox.

Over 3 weeks you'd get 'Watson Beams' Cox'? (hopefully not contagious)

I have almost zero cash so I need to make a couple of downgrade trades to free up some cash. Rockliff has a very easy draw over the last two finals matches which is why I was looking at holding him. Lake is going to have to play on some of the big power forwards over the next few weeks and some teams he has always struggled against (Syd, Geel, Bris) so I see him as my biggest weakness at the moment.

I think Beams might get rested and my forward line is pretty set with Zorko as my 7th forward and Treloar as bench coverage. The point of bringing in Roughy was to play him as a ruck and not a forward unless someone was out. Watson could be an option for round 23 if Hayes does not play. Cox could also be a good option for round 23 with the matchup against the Hawks so I might hold off on Roughy and look to bring in Cox if he plays.

Marcos83

Hey ringo thanks for your help through this season. I need your last piece of advise.

I have 4 trades left, have a week off and dont know what to do. Team is as follows with 200k sitting in bank:

Backs: Lidz, Goddard, Shaw, Carrots, Lake, Waters, Malceski, Spurr
Darley, Browne

Midfield: Gaj, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd, JPK, Zorkho
Gibson, Miles'

Rucks: NNat, Mummy
Campbell, Hall

Forwards: Franklin, Pav, Danger, Chapman, Sidebottom, Goodes, Martin
Patton, Couch

I ultimately want swan\watson(maybe both  for boyd\zorkho), beams, and maybe birchall. How can I make this happen. Beams is killing me but who and how would I get him in for if the likes of chappy\goodes\martin decide to fire.

So is not having another super premium in my midfield.

Thoughts champ?