Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on July 27, 2012, 06:26:00 PM
As I see your team you need just one maybe 2 upgrades in defence. You do not need to trade at the moment and with 6 trades you are in a healthy position

Hall and Couch maybe will not get games.  Unfortunately you do not have a link to mids.  Maybe look at upgrading Ledger via Couch or Hall when you feel right about it.  This will give you the added flexibility of using Zorko as F8 or M7 for finals to cover GS.

Probably need to do 2 downgrades to obtain cash not necessary this week though. If Wrigley continued to be named for Brisbane downgrade one of defenders close to ceiling to him. Rookie priced at $95k so fair amount of cash to be generated.

Withe your existing cash you may have enough to upgrade Ledger and defence without another downgrade leaving you a finalised team and 3 trades for finals to cover.

Cheers Ringo, I have had a look at the matchups this week. I am playing top and he is one short in the Ruck. Pretty sure he is out of trades but can't be 100%. So I will be playing 1 short.

I'm very concerned about my backs, but really don't want to panic trade for the sake of it. I figure 2 games clear and 6 trades is a better position to be in even if I have a loss this week.

Who would you consider in the weeks to come for an upgrade in defence...Birchall I had in mind but worried about a "rest" down the track (coinciding with SC Finals). The others are Scotland, Waters or Enright.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on July 27, 2012, 06:51:33 PM
Quote from: Ringo on July 27, 2012, 06:26:00 PM
As I see your team you need just one maybe 2 upgrades in defence. You do not need to trade at the moment and with 6 trades you are in a healthy position

Hall and Couch maybe will not get games.  Unfortunately you do not have a link to mids.  Maybe look at upgrading Ledger via Couch or Hall when you feel right about it.  This will give you the added flexibility of using Zorko as F8 or M7 for finals to cover GS.

Probably need to do 2 downgrades to obtain cash not necessary this week though. If Wrigley continued to be named for Brisbane downgrade one of defenders close to ceiling to him. Rookie priced at $95k so fair amount of cash to be generated.

Withe your existing cash you may have enough to upgrade Ledger and defence without another downgrade leaving you a finalised team and 3 trades for finals to cover.

Cheers Ringo, I have had a look at the matchups this week. I am playing top and he is one short in the Ruck. Pretty sure he is out of trades but can't be 100%. So I will be playing 1 short.

I'm very concerned about my backs, but really don't want to panic trade for the sake of it. I figure 2 games clear and 6 trades is a better position to be in even if I have a loss this week.

Who would you consider in the weeks to come for an upgrade in defence...Birchall I had in mind but worried about a "rest" down the track (coinciding with SC Finals). The others are Scotland, Waters or Enright.
All of those 3 have a downside to consider - Scotland may decrease in scoring when Judd comes back and has his court case hanging over him as well, Birchill as you say may be rested and Waters with a slight injury risk and always running the risk of suspension.
In order I would go Birchill, Waters then Scotland.

Mat0369

With finals coming up I am looking at how to finish off my team. I have 8 trades left and $280,000. My team looks like this

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Carrazzo, Lake, Newman, Dempsey, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Taylor Adams, Sam Gibson
Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Saad

I think I have 4 or 5 weaknesses in my team. I don't think I will be able to carry Lake, Newman and Dempsey in my team. Lake is a serviceable D7 but I am thinking I might need to upgrade both Newman and Dempsey. My second ruck is also a weakness at the moment. Giles put up over 100 on the weekend but he has been struggling the last few weeks. Add in the fact Rockliff and Martin have been inconsistent, but I don't think I will be trading them.

The Bomber

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2012, 03:50:37 PM
With finals coming up I am looking at how to finish off my team. I have 8 trades left and $280,000. My team looks like this

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Carrazzo, Lake, Newman, Dempsey, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rocklif, Taylor Adams, Sam Gibson
acobs, Giles, Redden, Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Saad

I think I have 4 or 5 weaknesses in my team. I don't think I will be able to carry Lake, Newman and Dempsey in my team. Lake is a serviceable D7 but I am thinking I might need to upgrade both Newman and Dempsey. My second ruck is also a weakness at the moment. Giles put up over 100 on the weekend but he has been struggling the last few weeks. Add in the fact Rockliff and Martin have been inconsistent, but I don't think I will be trading them.

Giles should be serviceable for the season. Look his remaining matches and they are all against the lower teams. In terms of defender Lake is the best to keep.

Newman --> Scotland
Dempsey --> Birchall/Suckling whichever you can afford.

You are way ahead of the others with 8 trades remaining especially if you are making finals in all your leagues. If you really want to you can then downgrade Gibson and upgrade Giles. But that is up to you whether the 2 trades are more useful than a Nic Nat. 4 trades should be enough esp with you bench cover, but I see you are the patient type...

Mat0369

Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 04:26:59 PM

Giles should be serviceable for the season. Look his remaining matches and they are all against the lower teams. In terms of defender Lake is the best to keep.

Newman --> Scotland

You are way ahead of the others with 8 trades remaining especially if you are making finals in all your leagues. If you really want to you can then downgrade Gibson and upgrade Giles. But that is up to you whether the 2 trades are more useful than a Nic Nat. 4 trades should be enough esp with you bench cover, but I see you are the patient type...

I already have Scotty. I was thinking Dempsey to Birchall. I am pretty well placed in my league. I am going to finish top two. Would a sideways trade to Sam Fisher be worth it? I could do something like Dempsey>Birchall Shaw/Spurr>Fisher. This will let me play Newman as bench coverage which is about all he is worth right now. I can then look at upgrading my rucks the week after since I have the trades to burn.

The Bomber

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2012, 04:35:22 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 04:26:59 PM

Newman --> Scotland

I already have Scotty. I was thinking Dempsey to Birchall. I am pretty well placed in my league. I am going to finish top two. Would a sideways trade to Sam Fisher be worth it? I could do something like Dempsey>Birchall Shaw/Spurr>Fisher. This will let me play Newman as bench coverage which is about all he is worth right now. I can then look at upgrading my rucks the week after since I have the trades to burn.

Sideways to Sam Fisher not worth it in your situation given you have soo many trades to burn and the cash to trade. To be honest on current form S. Shaw is scoring just as well as Newman so having Newman as bench coverage isn't that much better than playing S. Shaw as bench coverage. Instead you get 2 better scoring defenders...

Mat0369

Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 04:38:45 PM
Sideways to Sam Fisher not worth it in your situation given you have soo many trades to burn and the cash to trade. To be honest on current form S. Shaw is scoring just as well as Newman so having Newman as bench coverage isn't that much better than playing S. Shaw as bench coverage. Instead you get 2 better scoring defenders...

So maybe a Newman>Enright and Dempsey>Birchall. This will leave me with $9,200. I can then do a double trade the week after to upgrade my ruck.The reason I was thinking of trading Spurr to Fisher was for the fact that Birchall could be rested and the fact Shaw has been injured the last few weeks.

The Bomber

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 04:38:45 PM

So maybe a Newman>Enright and Dempsey>Birchall. This will leave me with $9,200. I can then do a double trade the week after to upgrade my ruck.The reason I was thinking of trading Spurr to Fisher was for the fact that Birchall could be rested and the fact Shaw has been injured the last few weeks.

Yeah. You do have enough to get Waters FYI with Enright...Just food for thought...

Mat0369

Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 06:05:29 PM

Yeah. You do have enough to get Waters FYI with Enright...Just food for thought...

I am a bit worried about Waters injury history. Enright has been averaging just as much as Waters over the last 5 rounds and is a bit of a unique pick. Plus my main competition for the league has Waters in his team and I need a couple of different players

The Bomber

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2012, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 06:05:29 PM

I am a bit worried about Waters injury history. Enright has been averaging just as much as Waters over the last 5 rounds and is a bit of a unique pick. Plus my main competition for the league has Waters in his team and I need a couple of different players

Yeah fair enough. Same reason I would not pick him, but you can get both Waters and Enright together was all I was pointing out...

Mat0369

Quote from: The Bomber on July 31, 2012, 06:58:39 PM
Yeah fair enough. Same reason I would not pick him, but you can get both Waters and Enright together was all I was pointing out...

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant. So I think these are the three combinations then Enright and Waters for Dempsey and Newman, Enright and Birchall for Dempsey and Newman or Waters and Birchall (who the team ranked second has both) for Dempsey and Newman.

The Bomber

Enright and Birchall. Durable and Enright is a good POD running into form...

Slammer

Hey guys,

Have a guaranteed top 4 finish now for finals.
Scored my highest score ever last week 2674 so pretty happy.
Ranked 2634 overall so hoping to stay there abouts.
5 trades $237,500 left.

Can go S.Shaw or Ellis to Scotland or Waters this week (i think)
Don't quite have enough cash to use Darley.
Do I hold on the trade? Or do I do it this week as Waters and Scotland both have low B/E's.
Would like to use Darley as I think S.Shaw and Ellis would be great bench cover but don't quite have enough cash.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers Sam

B: Goddard, Shaw, Lids, Carazzo, Suckling, Lake, Ellis (S.Shaw, Darley)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Priddis (Sexton, Baguley)
R: Maric, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: FRANKLIN, Harvey, Sidebottom, Beams, Martin, Dangerfield, Zorko (Pieffer, Treloar)

Ringo

If you do not mind 3 trades going into finals I would go Sexton to Couch (Couch will still give you the DPP and may get further games).  Then you should have the cash to upgrade darley plus $50k for finals upgrades.

Tony Stark

What do you guys think?

$45K in the bank with 5 trades left.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Lake, Scotland, Birchall, Morris, S.Shaw, Broughton
Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Dal Santo, Priddis, Martin, Baguley, D. Smith
Ruck: Natanui, McEvoy, Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Franklin, Beams, Dangerfield, Goodes, Lewis, Zorko, Porplyzia, Smedts, A.Hall

I'll need to get rid of Broughton, so I'm not sure whether I should go a sideways to someone like Fisher, or trade Stephenson/Hall so I can upgrade Broughton to Carazzo, Waters.

If I win this week I'll be top 4 for the finals.

Thinking ahead, Hodge in as a POD next week for Smith? Thoughts?

Appreciate your help.