Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FonFatty

Quote from: Babylove on June 20, 2012, 12:56:09 AM
So this week I'm trying to negotiate the last round of the bye and start to complete my team.

My team is:

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, S.Shaw, Clarke, Darley, Guthrie (Scotland, Birchall)

Centres: Pendles, Thompson, D. Thomas, S. Selwood, D. Zorko, M. Williams (G. Ablett, S. Mitchell)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Walker, Treloar, Adams, Pfieffer (Franklin, Martin)

Cash $201,600

Trades: 9

So this week I am facing 4 - 5 donuts (depending on H. Shaw) providing everyone else plays.  3 (or 4) are unavoidable as they are premiums and trading them is a waste, but the other one, Pfieffer I can.  In regards to completing my team, I think that I need one more premium forward and one more premium defender (using S. Shaw/Clarke for d7).  So this week I am thinking:

Pfieffer to either Tippett or Chapman
Treloar or Adams to Elliott

Tippett is much cheaper and has a great run home, and averages only 4.3 less than Chapman, but Chapman is a part time mid.  In relation to Treloar or Adams I'm not worrying about the B/E because I think I'm going to keep whoever I don't trade as a back up and a dpp link to Zorko in the mids.  Treloar will make me more cash to use to upgrade Darley or Guthrie later (the other will probably be downgraded if there is a decent rookie) and he may be in line for a rest after last week, but before that he was averaging 80, and theoretically he's had his really bad score, where as Adams hasn't (I don't think).

Which options do you think are best?
If you want my opinion I would only cull Treloar this week, Treloar to Maybe Pavlich, you already have 2 crows in your forward line, i'd steer away from Tippett. More often than not Pav is in the top 3 or 4 scorers for Freo. Last game he honestly deserved a 130+ score but CD rankings are a mystery sometimes.
If you want to avoid an extra donut I would trade Pfeiffer to Gibson this week, you will lose your MPP status but you will make some extra $$ for other upgrades to finalise team

Ringo

Quote from: FonFatty on June 20, 2012, 12:38:13 AM
Quote from: Ringo on June 19, 2012, 02:20:53 PM
Obviusly do the Treloar downgrade this week.
If neither McDonald or Shiels are named then do the Watson upgrade but if both named just hold till next week as both will more than likely get their B/e.
Not sure of Sums but these trades to finish teams
Treloar > Gibson
McDonald/Shiel > Watson
McDonald/Shiel > Swan
Ellis>Carazzo.
You will probably have to get cash from a downgrade as well maybe one of Rucks
Yeah I will cull Saad as well when the time is right.
I will probably sit with Redden and Big O on bench, I am hoping to have 3 trades left after finalising my team, if all goes well in finals and no injuries, I might do an exotic upgrade/downgrade just to improve my chances in final.
Are Porps and Zorko adequate F7s? I am looking at rotating them, horses for courses style.
Prefer Zorks to Porps as F7 but good to have Porps as back up.

Ringo

Quote from: FonFatty on June 20, 2012, 01:03:03 AM
Quote from: Babylove on June 20, 2012, 12:56:09 AM
So this week I'm trying to negotiate the last round of the bye and start to complete my team.

My team is:

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, S.Shaw, Clarke, Darley, Guthrie (Scotland, Birchall)

Centres: Pendles, Thompson, D. Thomas, S. Selwood, D. Zorko, M. Williams (G. Ablett, S. Mitchell)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Walker, Treloar, Adams, Pfieffer (Franklin, Martin)

Cash $201,600

Trades: 9

So this week I am facing 4 - 5 donuts (depending on H. Shaw) providing everyone else plays.  3 (or 4) are unavoidable as they are premiums and trading them is a waste, but the other one, Pfieffer I can.  In regards to completing my team, I think that I need one more premium forward and one more premium defender (using S. Shaw/Clarke for d7).  So this week I am thinking:

Pfieffer to either Tippett or Chapman
Treloar or Adams to Elliott

Tippett is much cheaper and has a great run home, and averages only 4.3 less than Chapman, but Chapman is a part time mid.  In relation to Treloar or Adams I'm not worrying about the B/E because I think I'm going to keep whoever I don't trade as a back up and a dpp link to Zorko in the mids.  Treloar will make me more cash to use to upgrade Darley or Guthrie later (the other will probably be downgraded if there is a decent rookie) and he may be in line for a rest after last week, but before that he was averaging 80, and theoretically he's had his really bad score, where as Adams hasn't (I don't think).

Which options do you think are best?
If you want my opinion I would only cull Treloar this week, Treloar to Maybe Pavlich, you already have 2 crows in your forward line, i'd steer away from Tippett. More often than not Pav is in the top 3 or 4 scorers for Freo. Last game he honestly deserved a 130+ score but CD rankings are a mystery sometimes.
If you want to avoid an extra donut I would trade Pfeiffer to Gibson this week, you will lose your MPP status but you will make some extra $$ for other upgrades to finalise team
This will loose your DPP to mids but imo no worries with your team but up to you
I would Switch Zorko and Pfeiffer (Zorko will give you much more benefit as a forawrd rather than mid)
Then Pfeiffer to Gibson
Whoever is not named out of Treloar or Adams to Chapman, Johnson, Goodes (if named) or other forward of your choice. Then final upgrade in backs Guthrie or Clarke to Carrotts in 2/3 weeks time when he bottoms out.
You can restore your mid DPP by trading either Williams or Gibson to a forward via Adams if required down the track but imo Leaves you 4 trades for LTI's and finals.

Marcos83

Helped me out heaps so far but now I am not sure what to do.

15 TRADES LEFT AND 65K IN BANK.

Backs:

God, lidz, broughton, lake, clarke, eski, darley
Spurr, Ellis

Mid"s:
GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Jelwood, JPK, Macdonald
Miles, Zorkho

Rucks:
Kruezer, Giles
BIG O, Redden

Forwards:
Franklin, Chapman, Sidey, Chapman, Danger, Martin, Treloar
Couch, D.Smith

Going for league and will win this week but need to make some trades to get in an ideal position for second half.

Thinking kruezer > nic nat
or
Mac > Swan
or fix the backline by axing eski(want him to get to 400 k again before I do though)\clarke

What would you do. Dont want to trade for midpricers or for POD.

Thanks champ.

Ringo

Quote from: Marcos83 on June 21, 2012, 03:59:46 PM
Helped me out heaps so far but now I am not sure what to do.

15 TRADES LEFT AND 65K IN BANK.

Backs:

God, lidz, broughton, lake, clarke, eski, darley
Spurr, Ellis

Mid"s:
GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Jelwood, JPK, Macdonald
Miles, Zorkho

Rucks:
Kruezer, Giles
BIG O, Redden

Forwards:
Franklin, Chapman, Sidey, Chapman, Danger, Martin, Treloar
Couch, D.Smith

Going for league and will win this week but need to make some trades to get in an ideal position for second half.

Thinking kruezer > nic nat
or
Mac > Swan
or fix the backline by axing eski(want him to get to 400 k again before I do though)\clarke

What would you do. Dont want to trade for midpricers or for POD.

Thanks champ.
Firstly well done with trades left and a sound team. Unfortunately you are in a position where there are not a lot of downgrade options available to you but with 15 trades some sideways may have to occur later.

With winning this week you really do not have to trade, If however you want to build cash then I would suggest the following so long as these players are named.

Switch Zorko and Smith and go Devon Smith to Gibson.
Reddan/Stephenson to Tom Campbell. (Will be replacement for Minson and you really do not need 4th ruck after byes.)
Treloar to Haynes or Patton. (Patton expensive for a rook but good JS)

In round 15 I would look at Clarke/Ellis to Carazzo He should be at his lowest price and scoring well.
MacDonald has a very gettable B/e this week so he should fatten a little bit. Swan has a high B/e as well so should fall in value.

Your decision on these but with 15 trades left you need to get cash for final upgrades only need 4 to complete team. Malceki I would perservere with for a couple more rounds to see how he goes and he may become a keeper if regaining form.

Kreuzer to Nic Nat is Ok but would do this week before his price rises and hold on the Ruck Downgrade. Have you thought of keeping Kreuz and upgrading Giles.

Marcos83

Thanks mate got rid of both smith and treloar and got in nic nat for kreuzer becasue I will be getting in mumford for giles next and then upgrade ellis > carrots and clarke > birchall\waters\shaw depending on price.

Cheers

blue

Am i on the right track.
heres the team

deledio, goddard, grimes, lake, clark, p.davis, ellis, yarran, s.shaw

JPK, rockliff, ssellwood, bartel, hayes, d.smith, c.smith, gibson

kreuser, giles, cordy, jenkins

n roo, buddy, danger, Stevie J, rioli, darling, treloar, zorko

with 244k and 10 trades

this week trade treloar to t couch ( just cash out may play may not, does not really mater)
                       d smith to m whiley (move goddard to mids)

675k with 8 trades

is there better options for couch and whiley they should be my d9 and f9

next week trade yarran to ablett ( goddard to backs)

275k with 7

rd15 ellis to carrazzo

deledio, goddard, grimes, lake, clark, p.davis, CARRAZZO, WHILEY, s.shaw

JPK, rockliff, ssellwood, bartel, hayes, ABLETT, c.smith, gibson

kreuser, giles, cordy, jenkins

n roo, buddy, danger, Stevie J, rioli, darling, COUCH, zorko

this will leave me with 6 trades
my back are really my only concern after i do this hopefully later on i can then upgrade davis
and darling is not ideal but with zorko and hopefully josh kennedy coming back soon, which i think helps jack a lot
any thoughts are greatly appreciated

this would all be so much easier if i was not to get ablett is he a must?

Ringo

Looks ok
Treloar to Crozier would be better than Couch.  At least Crozier is playing. Crozier also has DPP which will allow you later to upgrade C Smith for a forward if need be restoring a Forward Dpp link for finals.

IMO if you do not have Ablett or Pendles going into finals you will behind the eight ball. You are in a good position with 10 trades at the moment and all your trades are deigned to strengthen team which is good.

Tony Stark

Right coaches, I need some advice.

I have 9 trades left and $320K in the bank.

My team is:

Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, Scotland, Lake, H.Shaw, Morris, Smedts, S.Shaw

Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Dal Santo, Priddis, Deledio, Horsley, D.Smith

Natanui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Franklin, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Porplyzia, Zorko, Treloar, A.Kennedy, Hall

My plan is to move Smedts to my forward line in round 15, and then bring Carazzo in. I’ll probably bring Jordan Lewis/Goodes in the same weekend. I’ll get rid of Hall and one if the GWS boys to make room.

I’m wondering whether I should jump on Crozier or Gibson this week though as I’m not sure about possible downgrades later in the season. Horsley I think will score 70 â€" 80 most weeks so I’d quite like to keep him as bench cover, but the money I’d make by bringing Gibson in for him is appealing.

I think I’ll hang onto Treloar, but bringing Crozier in for Smith or Kennedy appeals too.

Trade, or just sit?

That was a really long post, sorry. Any advice would be appreciated.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Tony Stark on June 22, 2012, 01:23:05 PM
Right coaches, I need some advice.

I have 9 trades left and $320K in the bank.

My team is:

Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, Scotland, Lake, H.Shaw, Morris, Smedts, S.Shaw

Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Dal Santo, Priddis, Deledio, Horsley, D.Smith

Natanui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Franklin, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Porplyzia, Zorko, Treloar, A.Kennedy, Hall

My plan is to move Smedts to my forward line in round 15, and then bring Carazzo in. I’ll probably bring Jordan Lewis/Goodes in the same weekend. I’ll get rid of Hall and one if the GWS boys to make room.

I’m wondering whether I should jump on Crozier or Gibson this week though as I’m not sure about possible downgrades later in the season. Horsley I think will score 70 â€" 80 most weeks so I’d quite like to keep him as bench cover, but the money I’d make by bringing Gibson in for him is appealing.

I think I’ll hang onto Treloar, but bringing Crozier in for Smith or Kennedy appeals too.

Trade, or just sit?

That was a really long post, sorry. Any advice would be appreciated.
i'll gather that you dont really care about donuts this week, so how about something like this; sell morris and move deledio into the backs and bring gibson  into mid.   and if you want to make more trades go kennedy to sidebum.. just alittle food for thought

Tony Stark

Thanks for that. I had thought of leaving Morris on my bench as cover. Is he injured?

blue

thanks for the advice ringo, i thought i was on the right track, Crozier Vs donut (couch) makes sence, to make me some money for that big upgrade going into the grand final to get me over the line. sometimes I justs think to hard that i confuse myself.

krusty

how am i looking? need some help not sure where to go from here?

9 trades left and $4100

b: Deledio, B, Goddard, B, Birchall, G, Duffield, P,Lake, B, Clarke, M,Morris, S, emg, Darley, S ,Smedts, B
m: Ablett, G, Swan, D, Pendlebury, S, Thompson, S, Mitchell, S , Priddis, M , emg,  Zorko, D, Williams, M
r: Cox, D , Giles, J, emg, Redden, J, Stephenson, O
f:Franklin, L, Sidebottom, S, Dangerfield, P,  Riewoldt, N, Zaharakis, D,  Robinson, M, Treloar, A, emg, Cameron, J, Adams, T

boneman

Where to go from here coaches...

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Broughton, Lake, Shaw.S, Eliis (Townsend, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Montagna (Adams, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Treloar (Smith.D, Hall)

12 Trades - $186,000 (going for league wins)

Need to upgrade somewhere. Was thinking of the backline but with Ellis to make some more money and the BYES affecting the players on my watchlist I am looking at the obvious...Treloar/Smith - ???

Can afford any of the following:

M.Johnson - consistent 90's this year has a favourable run home with easy sides at Pattersons.
Pavlich - finding form after an up and down year and again has a good run home.
Tippett - can go big but has also produced some low scores.
Harvey - over the hill? Very risky.
Cloke - not the same player he was last year but will his form turn around.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on June 22, 2012, 05:54:16 PM
Where to go from here coaches...

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Broughton, Lake, Shaw.S, Eliis (Townsend, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Montagna (Adams, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Treloar (Smith.D, Hall)

12 Trades - $186,000 (going for league wins)

Need to upgrade somewhere. Was thinking of the backline but with Ellis to make some more money and the BYES affecting the players on my watchlist I am looking at the obvious...Treloar/Smith - ???

Can afford any of the following:

M.Johnson - consistent 90's this year has a favourable run home with easy sides at Pattersons.
Pavlich - finding form after an up and down year and again has a good run home.
Tippett - can go big but has also produced some low scores.
Harvey - over the hill? Very risky.
Cloke - not the same player he was last year but will his form turn around.
With 12 trades left would be tempted to do the double Smith to Crozier  and Treloar to any forward of your choice  Stevie J, Beames or Goodes for POD, Completes your forward line and 10 trades still to sort out defence.