Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonessturt

Hello guys,

Which of the 2 is a better option for Murphy and Shiel.
Get Nick Dal Santo and Sidebottom with $20,500 spare.
Or do I get Ablett and Zorko with $245,000 spare.
Will have 15 Trades Left and keeping Swan.

Def: Deledio, Goddard, Clarke, Shaw, Lake, Dempsey, Bugg (Ellis, Morris)
Mid: Pendlebury, Selwood, Horsley, Magner, Shiel, McDonald (Murphy, Swan)
Ruck: Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Dangerfield, Franklin, N Riewoldt, Cloke, Martin, Porps, Treloar (D Smith, Cameron)

melowen204

Quote from: melowen204 on May 24, 2012, 09:13:53 PM
Howdy Coaches!!
Firstly here is my team. I have sorted them in to bye rounds. Normal font: Rnd 11. UPPERCASE Rnd 12. Bold Rnd 13  :D

BCK: Lake, SHAW, SPURR, PAINE, Goddard, Birchal, Deledio (morris, ellis)

RCK: Giles, NikNat, (STEPHENSON, Redden)

MIDS: Shiell, Old Mac, Greene, Priddis, Boyd, WATSON, (MAGNER, Ablett)

FWD: Danger, Porps, Dahlhaus, SIDEY, ZAHA, SMEDTS, Buddy, (Martin, Milerea)

Trades 14   $24,800

Ok so my main concern is my byes.

I have pondered this now for two weeks and my brain is just FRIED!! Any Advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry realised i forgot half my team.

upthemaidens

Quote from: melowen204 on May 24, 2012, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: melowen204 on May 24, 2012, 09:13:53 PM
Howdy Coaches!!
Firstly here is my team. I have sorted them in to bye rounds. Normal font: Rnd 11. UPPERCASE Rnd 12. Bold Rnd 13  :D

BCK: Lake, SHAW, SPURR, PAINE, Goddard, Birchal, Deledio (morris, ellis)

RCK: Giles, NikNat, (STEPHENSON, Redden)

MIDS: Shiell, Old Mac, Greene, Priddis, Boyd, WATSON, (MAGNER, Ablett)

FWD: Danger, Porps, Dahlhaus, SIDEY, ZAHA, SMEDTS, Buddy, (Martin, Milerea)

Trades 14   $24,800

Ok so my main concern is my byes.

I have pondered this now for two weeks and my brain is just FRIED!! Any Advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry realised i forgot half my team.
well u should have been more proactive earlier, on how many of the same bye players,, but oh well..
maybe work on trying to fix your mids first,, ideally u need to go from 5 to 2 rd.11 mids, so something like greene-->pfieffer then maybe upgrade shiel/jmac---> best rd.12/13 premium mid u can afford...   i think though you should just prepare yourself for a bunch of donuts and not worry to much about it..
   ..  oh and is priddis playing? if not maybe trade him to an appropriate bye round mid prem

Ringo

Quote from: tonessturt on May 24, 2012, 09:18:59 PM
Hello guys,

Which of the 2 is a better option for Murphy and Shiel.
Get Nick Dal Santo and Sidebottom with $20,500 spare.
Or do I get Ablett and Zorko with $245,000 spare.
Will have 15 Trades Left and keeping Swan.

Def: Deledio, Goddard, Clarke, Shaw, Lake, Dempsey, Bugg (Ellis, Morris)
Mid: Pendlebury, Selwood, Horsley, Magner, Shiel, McDonald (Murphy, Swan)
Ruck: Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Dangerfield, Franklin, N Riewoldt, Cloke, Martin, Porps, Treloar (D Smith, Cameron)
I would go Murphy to Ablett and Cameron to Zorko  Shiel has a bit more cash to make whereas Cameron is at peak imo either is OK though Your choice.

Locinator

Start 2 of Horsely, Cogs and Old Mac. Which one?

Aidans Blues

Need to start 3 of Zorko, Magner, D.Smith and Treolar. What do we think?

Thanks guys

upthemaidens

Quote from: Locinator on May 25, 2012, 04:57:00 PM
Start 2 of Horsely, Cogs and Old Mac. Which one?
go with the averages  , which i gather would be horse, jmac then cogs  neither are likely to be subs(u would hope) :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Aidans Blues on May 25, 2012, 05:21:17 PM
Need to start 3 of Zorko, Magner, D.Smith and Treolar. What do we think?

Thanks guys
tough one ,, i would probably bench smith.. think its who is vest likely,  and i think magner is safe,  dont think zorko will be(unsure) his 90 odd last week was against gws soo...  treloar vest? maybe its possible.. smith vest? maybe its possible.
  one things for sure, the player you bench will be the highest scorer of the four :)

dogdog

What do you guys reckon about boomer, is he fantasy irrelevant or is he an absolute bargain being low 400s possible even 390 after this round?

Ringo

Quote from: dogdog on May 27, 2012, 02:13:31 PM
What do you guys reckon about boomer, is he fantasy irrelevant or is he an absolute bargain being low 400s possible even 390 after this round?
Dog this is the hard question to answer. Quite a lot myself included traded in Harvey for Fyfe on the basis that he would score reasonably consistently.  Up until today has been a big disappointment but he is a prem for a reason and you keep prems.  I would however be wary of Bringing him in now.  Would like to see him next week against the Hawks to see if he has got some form back.

grimreaper

I'm really un-sure on what rookie midfielders to bring in that are actually going to get game time? At least over the bye rounds.. Any ideas who?

Capper

Quote from: grimreaper on May 27, 2012, 11:11:32 PM
I'm really un-sure on what rookie midfielders to bring in that are actually going to get game time? At least over the bye rounds.. Any ideas who?
Your guess is as good as mine. Who knows what the coaches will do over the byes and who with get rested and 2 weeks off.

IMO look at players who played their first game on the weekend. Guys like Yeo, Pearce and Williams who may struggle to keep their spots and have low JS but may play whilst injuries to other players have them the chance

Grazz

Quote from: grimreaper on May 27, 2012, 11:11:32 PM

Thats the Million Dollar question. I dont want to decimate my solid rookies just to negotiate the buys but i understand you cant keep em all, but you will need some good ones for the run home as bench cover should an injury occur.
The next crop of rookies coming through now that ive been watching are Sexton, Darley, Black, Walsh (Horrible this week)  but theres others, JS looks the issue with some so do your homework and see who fits your structure.

COLOSS11

gday coaches, im stuck as what to do next. I have 15 trades remaining, 180K in the bank. Bye wise im looking ok for R11 and R12 but R13 i have 13 out ATM.

My side;

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Eski, Morris (Ellis, Spurr)

MIDS: Abs, Selwood, Boyd, Dal, Coniglio, Horsley (Zorko, Ledger)

RUCKS: Sands, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

FWDS: Buddy, Chappy, Sidey, Danger, Roughhead, Martin, D. Smith (Cameron, Hall)

Any thoughts would be great

Ringo

Morris/Ellis to Darley will give you another Round 11 back and assist with byes. (Only Round 11 back currently is Lake).
Think you need to get rid of Ledger as well unless you expect him to play soon.  maybe Ledger to Sexton.
Would also look at getting in a  5th mid as most teams will be at that stage at the moment. Depending on who you need to complete your team with bye structure.