Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: 4INAROW on May 22, 2012, 03:52:08 PM
hey ringo

my team is currently:

B: goddard, deledio, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg.
   spurr,morris.

M: ablett, swan, pendles, jelwood, thompson, jmac.
   magner, zorko.

R: hmac, giles.
   redden, stephensen.

F: franklin, dangerfield, sidebottom, chappy, zaharakis, porpz, treloar.
   adams, hall.

this week i went shiel>zorko and murphy>thompson

that leaves me with about $150k and 13 trades, im going for league and an not concerned with byes

my plan is to go morris>darley on the bubble and bugg>waters/hurn next week.

that will leave me enough $ to go magner>priddis in 2 weeks when he bottoms out.

good plan, bad plan? any suggestions thanks mate :)
Plan is ok and can not fault this weeks trades..
Even if going for League need to watch what your opponent is doing as well especially if you are not Top 4.
Have you got a Plan B for rucks if Reddan and Big O do not play in Round 11. With Team structures you may have quite a few donuts for Round 11.
Have you considered Scotland as well for back upgrade.  With Murphy out he may get more mid time.
just a couple of things for you to consider as well.

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on May 22, 2012, 05:52:44 PM
Hey guys thanks for your opinions so far. I have made a thread about Newman, but expanded my thinking on a way to protect myself from the byes:

Current team:

BAC: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Newman, M. Clarke, H. Shaw, B. Lake, S. Darley - B. Ellis, L. Spurr
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, J. Selwood, G. Ablett, M. Priddis, J. McDonald - J. Magner, D. Smith
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles - O. Stephenson, J.Redden
FWD: P. Dangerfield, S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, J. Lewis, P. Chapman, T. Milera, T. Adams - T. Couch, A. Hall

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:
Trade Milera/Smith as midfielders (still maintain one DPP with FWDS with Zorko) and move Scotland into the midfield and trade in Waters/Hurn with the rd 11 bye.

When Darley/Ellis/Spurr peak, they can be traded out to a midfielder and I can move Scotland back into the backline. I'm just hoping Couch and Hall get game time during the byes...

BTW I have 15 trades and 77k in the bank at the moment. Underlined are keepers (Clarke may go later in the season if I have spare trades (doubtful)).

Thoughts???
Do not like Magner trade.  He has a Round 12 bye which will be useful during these bye periods for you.
Would be tempted to go Milera to Zorko.
Like the plan for Scotland and you can do similar with forwards with Zorko to restore DPP.
Milera is the only rookie who is at or near ceiling at the moment so you can make a bit of cash by waiting a week or two.  See how this sits with byes though.

Sundown24

Current Team:

DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, C. Dempsey (B. Smedts, L. Spurr)
MID: B. Stanton, D. Swan, M. Boyd, M. Murphy, S. Coniglio, K. Horsley (J. Magner, J. McDonald)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith (T. Milera, A. Kennedy)

Salary Cap: $102,500

Trades Left: 12  (I'm going to just play with what I have for byes, no trading around to save zeros. My league isn't outrageously strong, and I'm not dominating so will just play my luck.

Questions: How long is Swan "really" out for?! & How important is cap/trades?!
I have a few ideas, not sure which if any:

1. Get rid of both Murphy and Swan, for Pendles & Dangerfield
2. Get rid of both Murphy and Swan, for Pendles/Ablett & Zorko + big $$$
3. Murphy straight swap (using cap) for JP Kennedy, Watson, Dangerfield. Leave Swan on bench.
4. Downgrade Murphy all the way to Zorko for bigtime $$$ & leave Swan on bench.

nathan11

Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2012, 06:28:48 PM
Hey guys thanks for your opinions so far. I have made a thread about Newman, but expanded my thinking on a way to protect myself from the byes:

Current team:

BAC: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Newman, M. Clarke, H. Shaw, B. Lake, S. Darley - B. Ellis, L. Spurr
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, J. Selwood, G. Ablett, M. Priddis, J. McDonald - J. Magner, D. Smith
FWD: P. Dangerfield, S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, J. Lewis, P. Chapman, T. Milera, T. Adams - T. Couch, A. Hall

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:
Trade Milera/Smith as midfielders (still maintain one DPP with FWDS with Zorko) and move Scotland into the midfield and trade in Waters/Hurn with the rd 11 bye.

When Darley/Ellis/Spurr peak, they can be traded out to a midfielder and I can move Scotland back into the backline. I'm just hoping Couch and Hall get game time during the byes...

BTW I have 15 trades and 77k in the bank at the moment. Underlined are keepers (Clarke may go later in the season if I have spare trades (doubtful)).

Thoughts???
Do not like Magner trade.  He has a Round 12 bye which will be useful during these bye periods for you.
Like the plan for Scotland and you can do similar with forwards with Zorko to restore DPP.
Milera is the only rookie who is at or near ceiling at the moment so you can make a bit of cash by waiting a week or two.  See how this sits with byes though.

With Watson and Pendles magner being 12 actually causes a donut magner to zorko is a good trade

Capper

Quote from: Sundown24 on May 22, 2012, 07:05:38 PM
Current Team:

DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, C. Dempsey (B. Smedts, L. Spurr)
MID: B. Stanton, D. Swan, M. Boyd, M. Murphy, S. Coniglio, K. Horsley (J. Magner, J. McDonald)
FWD: S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith (T. Milera, A. Kennedy)

Trades Left: 12  (I'm going to just play with what I have for byes, no trading around to save zeros. My league isn't outrageously strong, and I'm not dominating so will just play my luck.

3. Murphy straight swap (using cap) for JP Kennedy, Watson, Dangerfield. Leave Swan on bench.
No body know how long Swan is out for . I have heard 1-2, 2-4, 2-6 weeks. Save your trades, i would go Murphy to Thompson as he has a nice draw. I would go Thompson over Dangerfield as i would wait for Porps to ripen and then trade him for danger

Ringo

Quote from: nathan11 on May 22, 2012, 07:10:41 PM

Current team:

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:

Thoughts???

With Watson and Pendles magner being 12 actually causes a donut magner to zorko is a good trade
Am assuming Magner is a target for upgrade after topping out in 2 weeks.

The Bomber

Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2012, 07:39:22 PM

Current team:

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:

Thoughts???

Magner's B/E is 48 ish and only other midfielder on the horizon is Sexton. Thats the main reason for the Magner-->Zorko trade. Also note that I'm not looking to upgrade Magner at all, midfield slot will be filled after the byes...

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on May 22, 2012, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2012, 07:39:22 PM

Current team:

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:

Thoughts???

Magner's B/E is 48 ish and only other midfielder on the horizon is Sexton. Thats the main reason for the Magner-->Zorko trade. Also note that I'm not looking to upgrade Magner at all, midfield slot will be filled after the byes...
Understand - OK if you think Magner has peaked,

Gary Stewart

Hi Ringo !

Long time reader, first time poster.

Have a dilemma with Murphy being injured.

Q - Do I trade in Dal Santo (bargain IMO) or spend the big bucks on either Stanton/Selwood or even Judd ?

Current Team looks like this:

Backs     Goddard Scotland Clarke Adcock Lake Hargrave Davis   Bugg Hombsch

Mids      Pendlebury Deledio Watson Ablett Murphy(INJ) Horsley    Mcdonald Pfeiffer

Rucks    Sandilands Giles    Kruezer Redden

Fwds    Dangerfield Sidebottom Franklin Harvey Martin Treloar Adams     Kennedy Smedts

Cash in Bank:     $202,400       14 Trades Remaining

My concern is can Stanton keep it up, however leaning towards Dal Santo and bank the $165,000 for an 'upgrade' following week such as Birchall for Davis or Pavlich for Mcdonald in 3 weeks.

Your thoughts ??

Ringo

Quote from: Gary Stewart on May 22, 2012, 09:34:25 PM
Hi Ringo !

Long time reader, first time poster.

Have a dilemma with Murphy being injured.

Q - Do I trade in Dal Santo (bargain IMO) or spend the big bucks on either Stanton/Selwood or even Judd ?

Current Team looks like this:

Backs     Goddard Scotland Clarke Adcock Lake Hargrave Davis   Bugg Hombsch

Mids      Pendlebury Deledio Watson Ablett Murphy(INJ) Horsley    Mcdonald Pfeiffer

Rucks    Sandilands Giles    Kruezer Redden

Fwds    Dangerfield Sidebottom Franklin Harvey Martin Treloar Adams     Kennedy Smedts

Cash in Bank:     $202,400       14 Trades Remaining

My concern is can Stanton keep it up, however leaning towards Dal Santo and bank the $165,000 for an 'upgrade' following week such as Birchall for Davis or Pavlich for Mcdonald in 3 weeks.

Your thoughts ??
They are a number of threads about this which no doubt you have read.
Stanton: Top scorer at the moment and as you say will he keep it up.  Relies on Watson a fair bit.  Will other teams start to now tagging him.
Selwood: Superconsistent but may miss a game or 2 with General
Dal Santo - Down on previous years but still not too bad when you take his flower score out of the equation. Was it an issue with tag who knows.
Judd - Has not been having the best season and with Murphy out will definitely cop the No 1 tag which may effect his scoring.
Have you considered Thompson from Adelaide as well. Crows have a reasonable draw as well. He would be my choice if funds allow.
In Order I would go Thompson; Dalsanto; Selwood; Stanton; Judd.

Sundown24

Quote from: tabs on May 22, 2012, 07:33:41 PM
Current Team:

No body know how long Swan is out for . I have heard 1-2, 2-4, 2-6 weeks. Save your trades, i would go Murphy to Thompson as he has a nice draw. I would go Thompson over Dangerfield as i would wait for Porps to ripen and then trade him for danger

Thanks. Don't have enough cap to straight up go Murphy for Thompson, although I am pretty keen on him.

Is Magner's time up? Or should I just downgrade Kennedy, and not worry about the DPP links?

Capper

Quote from: Sundown24 on May 22, 2012, 11:25:42 PM
Quote from: tabs on May 22, 2012, 07:33:41 PM
Current Team:

Thanks. Don't have enough cap to straight up go Murphy for Thompson, although I am pretty keen on him.

Is Magner's time up? Or should I just downgrade Kennedy, and not worry about the DPP links?
ohhh.....Wow Smurph lost alot of cash... MAgner can still make some cash, who knows what Neeld has install for him. I would hang on until the byes and maybe go Judd, Dangerfield or Sidey

GCSkiwi

The team:
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Morris, Mohr, Spurr (Smedts, Bugg)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Priddis, Horsely (Magner, JMac)
Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
Fwd: Franklin, Sidey, Pav, DustMart, Dangerfield, Treloar, Adams, (Christensen, Pfieffer)

Cash 75k, 13 trades
Going for league

I'm a few trades down so my question is this: Christensen is expected to play again round 11, but then has a bye in round 12. I have so many round 11 byes that my strategy is to cop a loss round 11, and then try and take out 12 and 13. Should I just hold trades, as my team is not bad as it is, or the other option I'm thinking is Christensen -> Zorko, then Morris -> Heater, would leave me with 120k after the trade.

Will wait and see teams to see if I'm down anywhere but fielding a team shouldn't be an issue. Also this weeks opponent should be a win for me so no real urgency to trade, other than Heaters b/e and Zork's bubble.

Trade or No?
Thanks!

upthemaidens

Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 24, 2012, 02:38:53 PM
The team:
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Morris, Mohr, Spurr (Smedts, Bugg)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Priddis, Horsely (Magner, JMac)
Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
Fwd: Franklin, Sidey, Pav, DustMart, Dangerfield, Treloar, Adams, (Christensen, Pfieffer)

Cash 75k, 13 trades
Going for league

I'm a few trades down so my question is this: Christensen is expected to play again round 11, but then has a bye in round 12. I have so many round 11 byes that my strategy is to cop a loss round 11, and then try and take out 12 and 13. Should I just hold trades, as my team is not bad as it is, or the other option I'm thinking is Christensen -> Zorko, then Morris -> Heater, would leave me with 120k after the trade.

Will wait and see teams to see if I'm down anywhere but fielding a team shouldn't be an issue. Also this weeks opponent should be a win for me so no real urgency to trade, other than Heaters b/e and Zork's bubble.

Trade or No?
Thanks!
dont trade,, 13 isnt many if ya going for league,, infact if you are comfortable in your league(win/lose record) and u think you'll easily make top 8 (and good chance of top 4) then i would suggest not even trading during the byes at all.  you never know u may win 1 of the 3 games anyhow, and that way you have trades in the bank..
... ofcourse if you are struggling in your league then thats another story :)

melowen204

Howdy Coaches!!
Firstly here is my team. I have sorted them in to bye rounds. Normal font: Rnd 11. UPPERCASE Rnd 12. Bold Rnd 13  :D

BCK: Lake, SHAW, SPURR, PAINE, Goddard, Birchal, Deledio (morris, ellis)

RCK: Giles, NikNat, (STEPHENSON, Redden)

MIDS: Shiell, Old Mac, Greene, Priddis, Boyd, WATSON, (MAGNER, Ablett)

FWD: Danger, Porps, Dahlhaus, SIDEY, ZAHA, SMEDTS, Buddy, (Martin, Milerea)

Trades 14   $24,800

Ok so my main concern is my byes.

I have pondered this now for two weeks and my brain is just FRIED!! Any Advice or suggestions would be appreciated.