Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos83

lol.... have to do the trade to upgrade kennedy with extra cash unfortunately

vossy12

Lee Spur vs J Brennan vs C Delaney

j959

Quote from: vossy12 on May 18, 2012, 05:14:54 PM
Lee Spur vs J Brennan vs C Delaney
qualify my opinion by saying that I don't know much at all of Delaney and haven't seen him play ...

I would scrub Brennan out as an option due to his poor JS esp in relation to the other two.

From what I've read the last week, most people are going Spurr over Delaney but I don't think I can separate them not having had a good look at Delaney on the field as yet ... but if you pushed me I would plump for Spurr then Delaney ...

edit: and 30mins after i write this, Jacob Brennan is named over K Stevens, Stevenson and Swift!
but beware the vest and as Calvin says, "it takes two to sub" ...   ;)

boneman

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Eliis, Morris (Bugg, Townsend)
Mid: Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Montagna, Magner (McDonald, Ledger)
Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Stephensen, Redden)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Treloar, Adams, Smith.D (Kennedy, Hall)

18 Trades - $96,800

Will be completing the Bugg - Spurr trade which leaves me with $315,700. Hold the cash till next week or go with:

Option 1:
Ellis - Birchall

*Settling the backline, Birchall or Scotland look the best option but should I wait another week to see how they fair. Bye structure also makes this option a difficult one to make.

Option 2:
Hall - Zaharakis

*Zaharakis a great unique with an easy draw to come. Hall not looking like getting on the park anytime soon.

Option 3:
Kennedy - Sidebottom

*Kennedy still has money to make but Sidebottom is about to have another price rise. I feel like I have been ripped off bringing him in though.

Ringo what do you think?  :D 

The Bomber

Quote from: tabs on May 18, 2012, 01:20:22 PM
What about JB???
He isn't getting enough of the ball. Good POD but won't score well as he sits up forward for the most of the games. I would get him if he had at least 3 scores above 80. Also the first few weeks of finals are pretty bad for him...

Quote from: j959 on May 18, 2012, 04:10:13 PM
also risky but, Sherminator/Cloke????
Cloke clashes with both Chappy's and Sidey byes so I don't want to cop too many donuts where possible. Sherminator is surprisingly good. Might look into him, but hasn't performed any other years and I don't know why he is performing now...

If you didn't have a cap, who would you pick??

j959

Quote from: The Bomber on May 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM
Quote from: j959 on May 18, 2012, 04:10:13 PM
also risky but, Sherminator/Cloke????
Cloke clashes with both Chappy's and Sidey byes so I don't want to cop too many donuts where possible. Sherminator is surprisingly good. Might look into him, but hasn't performed any other years and I don't know why he is performing now...

If you didn't have a cap, who would you pick??
if cash were no issue (ignoring byes) I would go Beams, SJ, Cloke then Sidey ...
but with your bye issues I would go Lewis/Robinson/NRoo for rd13 perhaps?? (unfortunately Cyril is not travelling well enough to give you confidence to take a punt atm)

if it's not looking good this rd, I would suggest you consider waiting it out until a better opportunity comes along??

The Bomber

I'd wait but am gonna cop a donut this week. Smith + Hall + Couch all not playing

Mat0369

So the teams being released have slightly F'ed me. Waite out with a back injury, the GWS boys being rested, Smedts dropped. I was looking to upgrade some players this week but I am in a bit of a spot now.

The team

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Grimes, Lake, Dempsey, Bugg, Clarke, Smedts
Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, McDonald, Shiel, Horsley
Jacobs, Kreuzer, Giles, Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Waite, Chapman, Martin, Poplyzia, Taylor Adams, Smith, Treloar

20 Trades left and $310,300 in cash.

I think I will trade out Shiel this week, move Adams to the mids to gain a DPP back. I was thinking of bringing in Spurr for Smedts and Saad for Shiel. I would start the upgrade process next week as I should have enough cash to start turning guys into guns without having to downgrade. Waite being out means I either have to start Saad or go with no mid emergency. Should I go with what I was going to do or should I look at another option?

j959

Quote from: The Bomber on May 18, 2012, 05:55:55 PM
I'd wait but am gonna cop a donut this week. Smith + Hall + Couch all not playing
are the donuts going to cost you league wins??
if this week's opponents are shower you might eat a donut and still be fine??

j959

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 18, 2012, 06:03:45 PM
So the teams being released have slightly F'ed me. Waite out with a back injury, the GWS boys being rested, Smedts dropped. I was looking to upgrade some players this week but I am in a bit of a spot now.

The team

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Grimes, Lake, Dempsey, Bugg, Clarke, Smedts
Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, McDonald, Shiel, Horsley
Jacobs, Kreuzer, Giles, Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Waite, Chapman, Martin, Poplyzia, Taylor Adams, Smith, Treloar

20 Trades left and $310,300 in cash.

I think I will trade out Shiel this week, move Adams to the mids to gain a DPP back. I was thinking of bringing in Spurr for Smedts and Saad for Shiel. I would start the upgrade process next week as I should have enough cash to start turning guys into guns without having to downgrade. Waite being out means I either have to start Saad or go with no mid emergency. Should I go with what I was going to do or should I look at another option?
I think trading Shiel out is fine at this stage of the game.
Leave Smedts as you don't have a donut in your backs.

If you need Saad to avoid the donut, I think that is fine.
With the mids you have, I think going w/out a mid emergency is fine - unlikely you'd need it (touch wood) - that's a luxury.

what I would say with going with your chosen course of action is ... do you need to avoid those donuts to get league wins??
yes, then do it.
no, then you can wait it out ...

Mat0369

Smedts is back in so I am going to have a look at that trade now. If he is the sub again I think I might have to trade him out

I had the idea of Shiel out Smith to the mids and Smedts to the forward line and Spurr into defense but it won't let you do a double sub. Damn that would have been perfect

woofy

Hey all,

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, J. Townsend)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Treloar (J. Cameron, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $143,900
18 trades

Tough league match this week and thinking Bugg to Birchall/Suckling as i can't afford Scotland. Forward line is weak with round 11 bye but can't afford a good round 13 prem for porps atm.

Thoughts?

The Bomber

Quote from: j959 on May 18, 2012, 06:22:59 PM

I've got one close match this wee. With a given donut the rest become tough and go. Also I am having a personal overall battle with my brother so I really don't want a donut...

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on May 18, 2012, 07:47:02 PM
Hey all,

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, J. Townsend)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Treloar (J. Cameron, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $143,900
18 trades

Tough league match this week and thinking Bugg to Birchall/Suckling as i can't afford Scotland. Forward line is weak with round 11 bye but can't afford a good round 13 prem for porps atm.

Thoughts?
I would look at Bugg to Spurr (God, Lids and Birch Suckling will have Round 13 bye)
Then Porps to a prem forward taking into consideration byes.

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on May 18, 2012, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: j959 on May 18, 2012, 06:22:59 PM

I've got one close match this wee. With a given donut the rest become tough and go. Also I am having a personal overall battle with my brother so I really don't want a donut...
Do you have a DPP to Mids that you can use for Smith.  If not do you have enough cash to upgrade to a mid price forward eg Bennell as a POD.