Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Hi All, a few of the more Senior Fan Footy coaches around here are planning to offer invaluable advice on trading and strategy and just generally answer questions you may have in these times of Fantasy Football Trouble and Strife.
We have found it extremely difficult to answer all the different threads that are put up in a short period of time.

So if you have any questions ask away and a Senior coach will answer your query.  May not be straight away but generally we will respond in a reasonable length of time. May be easier than starting threads.  Also peruse questions as there already be an answer up there for you.

We will lock the thread half an hour before lockouts on Fridays or as in this case Wednesday as well to ensure all questions lodged by that time can be answered.

For SC Senior coaches please feel free to jump an answer questions so we can share the load.

quinny88

Noz

Might start this off.

As you saw in my thread last night about who to get Adam Treloar or James McDonald I'm thinking of downgrading either Cogsy for McDonald or Smith/Milera to Treloar who I get I will decide later on in the week. Anyways would it be good to upgrade Bower to Drummond this week instead of getting Treloar and Old Mac. I will bring in 1 but should I bring in both and not get Drummo.

I know Drummo has had his injury run but when his on the park he notches up big scores constantly. Right now Bower is on my bench with Ellis.

Current backline
Goddard, Deledio, Broughts, Waters, Lake, Bugg, Clarke (Bower, Ellis)

jamesalex

Here's the team:

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Bugg (Ellis, Morris)
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Boyd, Selwood, McDonald (Shiel, Magner)
Rucks: Sandi, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)
Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, A.Kennedy, Hall (Milera, Couch)

Trades Remaining: 20
Cash Left: $20,200.

Are there are trades I need to make? Main problem is that I have to start 3 forward rooks. If I get Treloar in, the forward line will look a little better though.

Is it worth doing Milera to Treloar or Couch (if not named)  to Treloar?

Thanks

Capper

Quote from: Noz on April 23, 2012, 07:06:10 PM
Might start this off.

As you saw in my thread last night about who to get Adam Treloar or James McDonald I'm thinking of downgrading either Cogsy for McDonald or Smith/Milera to Treloar who I get I will decide later on in the week. Anyways would it be good to upgrade Bower to Drummond this week instead of getting Treloar and Old Mac. I will bring in 1 but should I bring in both and not get Drummo.

I know Drummo has had his injury run but when his on the park he notches up big scores constantly. Right now Bower is on my bench with Ellis.

Current backline
Ringo is probably best to answer about Lions players but be very wary of Drummo, very injury prone. I would take Eski over Drummo any day if you have the cash. So i would go Bower to Eski and then Milera to Treloar and Congs can still make you some money

Capper

Quote from: jamesalex on April 23, 2012, 07:15:22 PM
Here's the team:

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Bugg (Ellis, Morris)
Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, A.Kennedy, Hall (Milera, Couch)

Are there are trades I need to make? Main problem is that I have to start 3 forward rooks. If I get Treloar in, the forward line will look a little better though.

Thanks
Milera's BE is close to his average, if not this week trade next week. Look to rade Morris in 2 weeks as well. Otherwise it looks ok

Locinator

Hey Ringo,

I'm happy to help out if you need it. I have registed since may last year but have been using the site since 2010.

Also anyone stuck always feel free to send me a Personal Message

Might start this off.

Current backline

I personally wouldn't risk Drummo. Has burnt me before. If bower gets dropped I would consider it but I would take a less risky defender. Plus I know we all have to cop a zero somewhere but already having waters and Lake in the backline I would take a round 12 defender. Eski is the obivous pick but Hibberd could be a smoky
Quote from: jamesalex on April 23, 2012, 07:15:22 PM
Here's the team:

Thanks

Not sure on that. Trealoar will make alot more than Milera but normally I would wait 2 weeks for Milera price to peak. But then Treloar will not be a relavant pick because by that time he'll be over 200k. But iff couch isn't named I would do that instead. But couch can't be far off.

CFC 1979

MILERA $215 100                                                                                 COUCH  $ 94 700
BE 34                                                                                                   0 GAMES
AVE 67                                                                                                WILL TAKE 3 WEEKS TO GAIN $
EXPECTED PRICE RISE @ $14 500, 3 WEEK ROLLING OF @ $58 000

TRELOAR $113 200
BE -77 ( 2 GAMES )
AVE 73
EXPECTED PRICE RISE @ $ 65 000, 3 WEEK ROLLING OF @ $148 000

By the numbers Milera has more cash to fatten up on.  I would go COUCH - TRELOAR this week
Loss of $18,500 but after price change profit of $46,500 with significant fattening to come.

Couch is a worry. If he hasn't cracked that side yet they must be holding him back for latter in the season or further.

Milera has Melbourne then Hawks. Would re-assess after the Melb game

EDIT; note the schneider is expected to return rnd 7

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on April 23, 2012, 07:24:38 PM
Might start this off.

Current backline
Ringo is probably best to answer about Lions players but be very wary of Drummo, very injury prone. I would take Eski over Drummo any day if you have the cash. So i would go Bower to Eski and then Milera to Treloar and Congs can still make you some money
Whilst he is on the park Drummond will probably average 90/100 so need to factor that in. As we know is injury prone but at that then same time will score well and increase in value.  Just need to decide is this worth the risk when compared to 2 guaranteed cash cows in Treloar and Mac. IMO I would take the second option even though I am a Lions supporter but your decision

4INAROW

heres my team guys

B: goddard, lids, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg. morris, ellis.

M: gaj, swan, murphy, jelwood, magner, shiel.  jmac, clay.

R: mummy, hale.  giles, redden.

F: buddy, chappy, sidebum, danger, porpz, treloar, kennedy. hall, smith.

22 trades left and $119k left.

going for league any advice would be great cheers guys.

charliesheen

Quote from: 4INAROW on April 23, 2012, 08:23:34 PM
heres my team guys

B: goddard, lids, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg. morris, ellis.

M: gaj, swan, murphy, jelwood, magner, shiel.  jmac, clay.

R: mummy, hale.  giles, redden.

F: buddy, chappy, sidebum, danger, porpz, treloar, kennedy. hall, smith.

22 trades left and $119k left.

going for league any advice would be great cheers guys.

Good team.  Move out Hale for Orren/Longer, and get ready to aggressively bring Pendlebury in team in 1-2 weeks.

4INAROW

cheers, thoughts on magner and kennedy? im thinkin of holding on for bout 2 more weeks

4INAROW

p.s wont downgrading hale be a waste of a trade if im gonna upgrade giles later on? or no

charliesheen

Quote from: 4INAROW on April 23, 2012, 08:34:45 PM
cheers, thoughts on magner and kennedy? im thinkin of holding on for bout 2 more weeks

Kennedy is going to be line ball call.  A lot depends on trade situation and how you plan on tackling the byes.

upthemaidens

Quote from: 4INAROW on April 23, 2012, 08:34:45 PM
dont trade this week, next week pfieffer and miles will be bubble boys,,  so 2 potential downgrades to look at