Jack Redden?

Started by Scalabrine, April 23, 2012, 10:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalabrine

Hasn't been scoring well the last few weeks and I don't have a clue why? I got him in thinking he would have a bigger year this year but seems to be off to a slow start.

Does anyone have any points or reasons that might be the case of his poor scoring?

Should I trade or keep him?

Leave your suggestions below please! :)

Scalabrine

I can use my trades this week by going

Ledger > Treloar
and then
Redden > 580k mid?

Thoughts?

BGK

I think he's forgotten how to tackle. Hold onto him mate. If he turns into your worst mid by the end of the year, your still going ok.

Scalabrine

Yeah I will keep him then :) but if anything I will be waiting for my rookies to make more money before i decide to trade him

Ringo

His disposals are again letting him down this year.  personally I thought he would be the one to step up this year but to date has not shown a lot.  However in saying that and if he is your M6 an avearge of 90/100 will be great.  He may get that as Brisbanes run after the bye is very juicy compare to the pre bye draw.

charliesheen

He averaged 105 SC last year, so you were hedging your bets on him doing 115+.  Was always going to be a risky pick.  Not sure you want to go from one speculative semi-premium to another.  Downgrade him, and look to bring in another mid when they are on the cheap.  Sam Mitchell is an option in a few weeks.

BigBob

i went with him too but have just gone to stanton

charliesheen

Quote from: Ringo on April 23, 2012, 02:40:26 PM
His disposals are again letting him down this year.  personally I thought he would be the one to step up this year but to date has not shown a lot.  However in saying that and if he is your M6 an avearge of 90/100 will be great.  He may get that as Brisbanes run after the bye is very juicy compare to the pre bye draw.

90-100 average will not cut it as M6.  You need 115+ from all your mids.  I am not sure whats going on with Redden, but even his DT average has been very poor, so its not just disposal efficiency.

BGK

Quote from: charliesheen on April 23, 2012, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: Ringo on April 23, 2012, 02:40:26 PM

90-100 average will not cut it as M6.  You need 115+ from all your mids.  I am not sure whats going on with Redden, but even his DT average has been very poor, so its not just disposal efficiency.

Have a look at his stats. He was an elite tackler last year but he's dropped off heaps in this area so far.

Scalabrine

His breakeven is 120+ this week, should i trade him before his price drops?

charliesheen

Yes, bring Treloar.  Pfieffer/Miles can be used to fix Ledger if need be.  Be patient and wait for super premium to drop price.

Scalabrine

So, Redden > Treloar?

Scalabrine

I can do a straight swap for either
Redden > S Thompson
or
Redden > Rockliff
I may even consider Josh.P Kennedy?

charliesheen

Can post entire team and cash remaining?

Scalabrine