ASK WOBBLERS - PLAYER RESEARCH

Started by Colliwobblers, April 23, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: xXHavocXx on April 23, 2012, 12:32:25 PM
Is it worth trading Ellis to either Hargrave or Drummond as a keeper (6th defender) both are averaging well and will both increase next round. My Backs are Scotland, Lids, Goddard, Heppell, Malceski, Bugg (Morris and Mohr).

Cheers

Hargrave looks to be good for an 80+ average this season and therefore a keeper D7 or even D6. Drummond has a horrible track record with injuries but can play and score well. I would chooses Hargrave ad have him myself.

You will have one of the strongest backlines going around when you do make the trade, better to get on Hargrave now if you are going to all your rooks are set to make you more money but that is canceled out if the target you want is also going up so you may as well trade sooner to take advantage of the higher scoring player your trading in.

If you could afford it I would trade Mohr first, he may be a lock in the best 22 but he may also be due a rest, How far away is Buntine?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Tom_16 on April 23, 2012, 01:07:42 PM
I know i created a thread about it yesterday, but what are your thought on going Kennedy to Treloar? is it too early to do it or is treloar too good of an opportunity to pass up? Thanks

I answered in your thread, it is too early to trade kennedy out yet unless you see yourself scoring better or making more cash from who you trade in.

If Kennedy is in your FWD line Treloar has to come in this week, but if Kennedy is in your mids you can wait and should wait another week to bring in Miles instead.

Still Kennedy has made you around $94K from memory so the trade is justified we generally want $100K + from a rookie trade.

Kennedys BE is now 27, his scoring has steadily been going backwards, his next rise will be less than $20K.

Verdict - If you haven't had to use trades up until now your better off than most, going to Treloar will make you a lot more cash and Treloar is going to be a GUN.

remon tea

I loved the Docherty description - "when Drummond falls apart" :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Cayenne on April 23, 2012, 01:23:27 PM
So many possibilities this week...

Could go porps to treloar to give me enough for bouman to waters and then bench ellis for waters. Anything to suggest waters won't keep up this form?

Nothing to suggest it, Vice captain tough as old boots all you have to fear is him getting suspended for a game or two if he has a loose moment as he can go in VERY hard. He could also get injured but what player can't. Scoring should continue as it has begun, in a top 4 side that has an amazing press which puts him right in the action and a kick from goal very often.

Porps needs to start scoring a LOT more or he is only a small rise away from his peek so downgrading him to Treloar given porps at this stage hasn't done enough to suggest he will be a keeper is a good trade and will make you a lot of money on treloar and likely similar if not better scores from the rook.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: willy0405 on April 23, 2012, 03:31:29 PM
Just one question wobblers,

I have couch sitting in my subs so i am looking to get rid of him. the obvious choice is couch>treloar however i cannot afford treloar (short approximately 10k). Do you think it would be a good idea to trade coniglio>miles and then trade couch>treloar? I have only used 2 trades so far this season...

I could also trade out magner but i saw your opinion on that...or i could trade out another forward such as kennedy/smith/milera but there arent many other good forward rookies at the moment other than treloar.

Yes I would trade coniglio out before magner if only just.

I would do it personally, its two trades and that hurts but couch is making you nothing and providing no cover and unless coniglio starts scoring 80+ he is making you very little and likely sitting on your bench too.

Miles and Treloar between them can potentially make you another $300K over the next 4 weeks, couch and coniglio more likely to make you $50K over the next 4 weeks.

Kellogscrunchynut

How's Lee Spurr going these days? looked a treat in pre-season.

Master Q

Nice write up Colli. Miles looks like a great downgrade option... Just needs to be named  :-\

Colliwobblers

Quote from: grimreaper on April 23, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
What rookie should I be looking to trade in at the end of Rd5, i'm trading out Guthrie & Morris.. I know i'm heading for Waters just stuck on the rookie? Have $139k already in bank.

Shaun Edwards, Josh Tynan, Cam Delaney, Sam Shaw have all played one and looked ok, watch all 4 to see if and how they go this week in thier second game.

Docherty could pop up for the Lions currently playing in the magoos.

Gillies and Smedts could be options if they miss this round but are named for round 6. Smedts has an injury but otherwise would be expected to get more senior games.

Darley should debut soon for GWS.

Justin Bieber

How do you like my final two fix up trades this week if all goes well.

Couch ---> Trelour

C.Smith ---> JMac

Gives me a tick under 60k left over.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on April 23, 2012, 06:02:21 PM
How's Lee Spurr going these days? looked a treat in pre-season.

Spurr did look good, Still rookie listed and will remain so until the Dockers add another player to the LTI List. When you see a docker go down Spurr may pop up.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Master Q on April 23, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
Nice write up Colli. Miles looks like a great downgrade option... Just needs to be named  :-\

Yes thanks, Miles should get a game next round but no certainty, article below suggests we should see Greene, Cameron and Coniglio back next week and potentially 2 new players, Darley? Adams?

Here's hoping Miles gets another full game into him and the chance to cement a spot for long enough to do the job for us.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/sheedy-forecasts-changes.html

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on April 23, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Couch ---> Trelour

C.Smith ---> JMac

Yeah you know they are both good trades, such a pity about clay but hard to carry dead weight on the bench with so many fattening cash cow options playing.

Don't trade until Friday afternoon and keep this in mind...

Even with that the two guys you are bringing in are amongst the most likely to have solid JS. Especially JMac.

Master Q

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 23, 2012, 06:08:45 PM
Quote from: Master Q on April 23, 2012, 06:03:55 PM

Yes thanks, Miles should get a game next round but no certainty, article below suggests we should see Greene, Cameron and Coniglio back next week and potentially 2 new players, Darley? Adams?

Here's hoping Miles gets another full game into him and the chance to cement a spot for long enough to do the job for us.

Yeah  ;) I don't have Greene or Cogs but I'm sure a lot of teams are praying for them to return...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 23, 2012, 06:11:18 PM
Quote from: whatlez on April 23, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Couch ---> Trelour

C.Smith ---> JMac

Yeah you know they are both good trades, such a pity about clay but hard to carry dead weight on the bench with so many fattening cash cow options playing.

Don't trade until Friday afternoon and keep this in mind...

Even with that the two guys you are bringing in are amongst the most likely to have solid JS. Especially JMac.

Yeah I know JMac will pretty much play if fit and he's making around 90k this week.

Clay is just not doing it for me and I need to cover Ablett so Jmac will be a good replacement as I do not feel comfortable in Smith's scoring.

Ok another question: If this goes through, who to start - Pick 3;

Jmac, Magner, Congs or Shiel.

Colliwobblers

1. JMac
2. Magner
3. Shiel
4. Conigs

Thats a close call tho, Magner can outscore them all it just depends what role he is given you got to back him tho after 64 being a stopper on Boyd all game.

JMac will score well by default he will be in the right place to get the ball and he seems to be working hard getting tackles and hardball gets.

Shiel is very talented and so is Cogs, but Shiel gets more inside and Cogs counts on getting it outside and the supply to him is what has kept his scoring down, it's like pendles playing outside and trying to get ball in that team, he wouldn't score a lot more, except he tackles a lot more than Cogs.