ASK WOBBLERS - PLAYER RESEARCH

Started by Colliwobblers, April 23, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 23, 2012, 02:23:24 AM
Quote from: tabs on April 23, 2012, 01:46:30 AM
nice work CW, keep it up

here is a question for you CW, Thinking about getting rid of Ledger for Treloar befire his price goes up? Thoughts? The other possibility was to hang on to him for the captain loophole this week ie Swan VC, Boyd/Ablet C

Hmmmmm, again if you have no injuries or issues in your team to fix it's a good trade especially for DT where ledger costs $160K+ And the saints for whatever reason seem not to need to play him, every other kid on thier list is getting a run but not the one who is better than the rest!

I have him too but given he isnt losing me money i have bigger issues to fix and there most definately will be more rooks coming through. Miles is a GUN and has another game to play before rising, but Treloar is probably the pick of the two just for his DPP.

If you are using Ledger for loophole I am not sure you will know the final teams for the weekends games when lockout happens Wednesday, so if Ledger ends up playing you will be forced to make boyd or ablett captain naturally anyway.

You can't go wrong getting rid of him, this week for treloar or next week for Miles. His JS is just too uncertain and everyone else is fattening cows while he stays skinny :( on our benches.
yeh cheers mate, thought he was in the saints picture until he was left out late for the 2nd time and then played the 2s. Killed it in the NAB though.

Putting Treloar in my mids also gives me the DPP that I need.

Cheers again

Colliwobblers

Quote from: elephants on April 23, 2012, 02:00:03 AM
Ripping work Colli!!

Thinking of trading Coniglio or Magnet for Selwood... Leaning toward Manger...?

Magner has a higher cieling on past performances.

Magner has better JS.

Coniglio should come straight back in but not for Miles, Mcdonald, Palmer?, Scully, Ward, someone else out maybe, Green may come back in too and Tyson Hoskin Elliot Hayes Adams Clifton (when fit) all need a run too.

They will both make cash next round $23 -$26K but slow down after that if thier scores stay under 60, if they push 80 they can make you another $100k over the next 4 weeks.

Magner tagged Boyd and still scored 64 so while last round was average his actual performance this round was solid on an apparantly "untaggable" elite midfielder. Magner wore him like a glove, unfortunatley that role isn't DT friendly and he did it a little too well for my liking.

Still the result of that was that the Dee's didn't win any clearances themselves, so hopefuly the coach will be less defensive and let him go back to winning the ball rather than stopping.

I would trade coniglio before Magner. But it's a coin toss if they both play, Magner at least will.

martindc

Thank you so much for providing your analysis.  You are a champion!!

I'm new to all of this, but have done pretty well so far I guess (ranked 366 overall).  But I'm wondering if it makes sense to trade out Porplyzia for Treloar this week?  It looks like Porps is close to maxing out and it would be a 150k cash infusion.  I hate using the trade though as I don't absolutely have to do it.   Used 1 trade thus far.  Should I just stand pat for now?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: martindc on April 23, 2012, 04:44:09 AM
Thank you so much for providing your analysis.  You are a champion!!

I'm new to all of this, but have done pretty well so far I guess (ranked 366 overall).  But I'm wondering if it makes sense to trade out Porplyzia for Treloar this week?  It looks like Porps is close to maxing out and it would be a 150k cash infusion.  I hate using the trade though as I don't absolutely have to do it.   Used 1 trade thus far.  Should I just stand pat for now?

Close Call, Porps, BE is 31, he can't decide whether he wants to score 50's for you or 70's... scores of 58 - 83 - 57 - 75.

If he scores 60 he will only go up another $10K not much more if he scores $80. While there is a little growth left in him he has certainly slowed right down and now it is more about whether you carry him to play on the ground and be a more reliable scorer for you and use him as a last upgrade, or whether you cut him lose in favour of a new cash cow.

If you have the trades spare as you seem to, and nothing else is wrong it would be a good trade to go to treloar (once you see the teams Thursday)

He could become a keeper and make a lot more money, scoring an average of 80+ would see him at around $350K.

The call you have to make is whether or not he will, based on scoring so far he is going to average closer to 70 so cutting him loose seems wise.

Well done on the rank  :)

Chopps

Great thread cw, I have a few questions
How important do you think dpp is this year? I currently don't have any
Also Would like macdonald and or treloar but would be at the expense of magner, shiel or Greene. Which as you have said they still have money to make.
And lastly Couch?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Chopps on April 23, 2012, 10:28:53 AM
Great thread cw, I have a few questions
How important do you think dpp is this year? I currently don't have any
Also Would like macdonald and or treloar but would be at the expense of magner, shiel or Greene. Which as you have said they still have money to make.
And lastly Couch?

DPP this season has two advantages.

1. Allows you to make trades between the two positions, e.g OUT CONIGLIO - FWD to MID KENNEDY - trade in a fwd for the midfielder you traded out. This has proved handy already for people using the FYFE trade to bring in a midfielder for him.

2. Where you have two DPP players one in each position, OF A SEPERATE BYE ROUND, could prvce handy during the byes, this is not really going to be handy unless you have too many players of one BYE ROUND in any position, for example if you have Sidebottom and Chapman in the FWD line and before the byes you decide you want beams or johnson one of them will score you a donut in the FWD line in round 12, BUT if you have kennedy in your mids and only one round 12 bye player there you can switch chapman for kennedy in round 12 giving you 2 round 12 bye premiums on each line thus not scoring you a donut on either line (from a premium). If possible you will maximise scoring by having only your rooks scoring donuts over the byes not your premiums, a lot involved in explaining it but that is fact.

Don't stress about the rooks you may miss there are plenty more to come through, if Greene isn't named to play he is the obvious choice for that trade if you really want to make it, he has made almost enough money to justify and if his JS is gone the fact he has more money to make you is irrelevant. I reckon he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Given Miles is a week behind Trloar and Mcdonald you do have the luxury of waiting another round to trade in a rook on the bubble, will give you a better idea on Greene and Magner also. Shiel at this stage would be the last to go from my side if named.

Couch, we all know he can play, the concern is that the Dee's didn't race to get him in after two shockers.

They do have a lot of FWD options and a lot of yound fwds they would want to develop ahead of Couch. I don't think his chances of playing regular games are great without injury or extreme bad form from existing FWDS in the side. Green should come back after serving his punishment in the magoos also.

If you have him trade him for Treloar, If you don't put him on your watch list and wait until he has played his second game and potentially earned a spot in the team before bringing him in.

Melbournes FWD potentially ahead of Couch,

Howe
Pettard
Clarke
Green
Sylvia
Bate
Watts
Dunn

If you look at thier Midfield options there are potentially 11 ahead of him there also.

Sleeken

This is excellent cw!

Do you think it's the right time to ditch Adam Kennedy (I need to upgrade j hill), provided Greene is named?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Sleeken on April 23, 2012, 10:59:44 AM
This is excellent cw!

Do you think it's the right time to ditch Adam Kennedy (I need to upgrade j hill), provided Greene is named?

Not Yet, still if you have to pick one to downgrade in order to upgrade to an Elite, he is going backwards with his scoring.

Makes sense to pull the trigger if it means having an elite in your side over an average scorer. Has already made you $94,300 so the trade is well and truely justified.

His BE is only 27 so he will make another $15 - $20K depending on how he scores this round, and if he can average 70 will make you a further $100K by the time the Bye arrives.

Scores of 116 - 72 - 58 - 41 ring alarm bells, but he seems to have cemented his spot accross half back making him a slighly more attractive rook in regards to JS than the midfield group at GWS.

IF Greene is named he is much more likely to make you more cash and faster than Kennedy going forward, but his JS is probably not as good as Kennedys.

Chopps

Thanks cw gives me some clarity on the couch situation and dpp. I have planned for the byes but figured I could focus on dpp links closer to rd 11

Sleeken

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 23, 2012, 11:10:18 AM
Quote from: Sleeken on April 23, 2012, 10:59:44 AM
This is excellent cw!

Not Yet, still if you have to pick one to downgrade in order to upgrade to an Elite, he is going backwards with his scoring.

Makes sense to pull the trigger if it means having an elite in your side over an average scorer. Has already made you $94,300 so the trade is well and truely justified.

His BE is only 27 so he will make another $15 - $20K depending on how he scores this round, and if he can average 70 will make you a further $100K by the time the Bye arrives.

Scores of 116 - 72 - 58 - 41 ring alarm bells, but he seems to have cemented his spot accross half back making him a slighly more attractive rook in regards to JS than the midfield group at GWS.

IF Greene is named he is much more likely to make you more cash and faster than Kennedy going forward, but his JS is probably not as good as Kennedys.

Thanks!

J Hill (BE 82) is set to lose 10k this week so he has to go. I might downgrade him to treloar and wait til next week to upgrade a rookie (I can afford any fwd). Greene would be the next on my list to downgrade in the next few weeks anyway.

xXHavocXx

Is it worth trading Ellis to either Hargrave or Drummond as a keeper (6th defender) both are averaging well and will both increase next round. My Backs are Scotland, Lids, Goddard, Heppell, Malceski, Bugg (Morris and Mohr).

Cheers

Tom_16

I know i created a thread about it yesterday, but what are your thought on going Kennedy to Treloar? is it too early to do it or is treloar too good of an opportunity to pass up? Thanks

Cayenne

So many possibilities this week...

Could go porps to treloar to give me enough for bouman to waters and then bench ellis for waters. Anything to suggest waters won't keep up this form?

willy0405

Just one question wobblers,

I have couch sitting in my subs so i am looking to get rid of him. the obvious choice is couch>treloar however i cannot afford treloar (short approximately 10k). Do you think it would be a good idea to trade coniglio>miles and then trade couch>treloar? I have only used 2 trades so far this season...

I could also trade out magner but i saw your opinion on that...or i could trade out another forward such as kennedy/smith/milera but there arent many other good forward rookies at the moment other than treloar.

grimreaper

What rookie should I be looking to trade in at the end of Rd5, i'm trading out Guthrie & Morris.. I know i'm heading for Waters just stuck on the rookie? Have $139k already in bank.