ASK WOBBLERS - PLAYER RESEARCH

Started by Colliwobblers, April 23, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi All, a few of the more Senior Fan Footy coaches around here are planning to put threads up to offer invaluable advice on trading and strategy and just generally answer questions you may have in these times of Fantasy Football Trouble and Strife.

To do my part and in keeping with my Player Research Thread, I am more than happy to offer any information on players and thier break evens, form, fitness, and other player information.

Happy to give advice but you will find there is plenty of that coming from the others so this is more to help out with information.

I'll start out with my,

ROOKIE SNAPSHOT  Just a small sample of the Rooks.

ROOKIE STUD - (Best Rook over the first 4 rounds)

Johnathon Giles - Avg - 86.75 / BE - -10 / Projected Round 5 price rise $39,300. / Total price rise to round 4  +$128,100

ROOKIE DUD - (Worst Rook over the first 4 rounds)

Israel Folau - Avg - 23.8 / BE - +24 / Projected Round 5 price rise $100. / Toal price rise to round 4 -$7,700

KEEP (Scoring well & / or will increase significantly in value next round.)

Tomas Bugg - Avg - 78.2 / BE - -21 Scoring very well has a lot more cash to make owners

Marty Clarke - Avg - 75.2 / BE -20 Just about a keeper given the defense woes thus far

Brandon Ellis - Avg - 60.8 / BE -20 Getting better the more he plays provides good cover and has several price rises to come

Toby Greene - Avg -  86.7 / BE -32 Can score big and has a lot of cash left to make owners

Devon Smith - Avg - 72.5 / BE -7  Still making owners cash and provides good cover

Aaron Hall - Avg 55.1 / BE -36 Significant price rise looms

Jaraad Redden - Avg 60.3 / BE -18 The second best rookie ruck

DROP (Scoring poorly / Low Job Security / Sub Candidate / Set to decrease in value next round)

Dom Tyson - Avg 21 / BE 67 - Sub candidate

Sam Kerridge - Avg 6 / BE 51 - poor job security

Chad Wingard - Avg 38.2 / BE 39 - struggling with the level and the vest and is making owners no cash

Tomas Ledger Avg 33 / BE 38 - poor job security, too costly in DT to hang onto

Jaarad Bouman Avg 18 / BE 30 - poor job security

ON THE BUBBLE (Must be picked up this round to avoid first price rise following third game next round)

James Mcdonald - Avg 91 / BE -119 / projected price rise $89,700

Adam Treloar - Avg 75.5 / BE 85 / projecte price rise $65,400

Orren Stephenson - Avg 49.5 / BE -36 / projected price rise $35,100

George Horlin-Smith - Avg 49 / BE -32 / projected price rise $32,800

Billie Smedts - Avg 43 / BE -20 / projected price rise $25,500 (undisclosed injury)

Tom Gillies - Avg 52 / BE -16 / projected price rise $23,100

PLAYED ONE GAME (Watch)

Anthony Miles - Score 89 / BE -112 Elite last season in the NEAFL hard in and under midfielder

Koby Stevens - Score 83 / BE -100 Classy midfielder, needs injuries / resting to the WCE midfield in order to get games

Darren Pfieffer - Score 76 / BE -77 Mature tough can kick goals and should work his butt off with his 2nd, 3rd? chance

Jack Crisp - Score 67 / BE -79 Very cheap, played well vs the suns, job security is an issue under Voss

Sam Shaw - Score 59 / BE -52 Can't tell you much crows defender who knows with the crows who will play

Cameron Delaney - Score 58 / BE -50 As above North defender I can tell you little about without researching him

Billy Longer - Score 59 / BE -24 Lions 1st round draft pick, expected to go higher but gws already had Giles.

Cory Dell'olio - Score 43 / BE -31 Very cheap bombers FWD the way they are falling apart may get a run of games.

ON THE RADAR (WAIT - Yet to debut)

Johnathon Patton - #1 Draft pick expensive but should be as good at least as his fellow key fwd in cameron.

Anthony Morabito - Rookie priced but a midfielder who knows his trade and should make us a packet.

Nick Heynes - high draft pick classy midfielder

Sam Docherty - Playing well in the NEAFL, may get a run when drummond falls apart

Taylor Adams - Hard midfielder excelled in NEAFL last season

Stephen Clifton - Would have been in all our teams if not injured should be back mid season

Jerremy Webberley - Clearly last in line at the Tigers but if injury strikes thier backline may come in and has talent

Sam Darley - A classy player with a nouse for the game - expected to see him sooner running defender behind bugg

Dayne Zorko - Expected to see him earlier still hasn't lined up in the two's very good player already but injued

Tom Mitchel - Gun midfielder who also would have lined up in most teams injured set to return mid season also

Eliot Kavanagh - has some developing to do and will need injury to crack the bombers midfield

Beau Wilkes - didn't impress in NAB CUP but has been impressing in the seconds will struggle to make the team without injuries

Sam Gibson - showed a bit in the NAB CUP Norths midfield doesn't need him yet

Thomas Couch - someone we all expected to see in the Dee's lineup as it struggles along, should get his chance this season

FOOT NOTE: Beware the rotating Giants:  http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/sheedy-forecasts-changes.html

So there we go, just a selection of a few in each category of WOBBLERS ROOKS. Hope this is helpful and look forward to helping out with any further info.

Happy trading  ;)

tractorfac

im thinking of downgrading coniglio to mcdonald this week or downgrade next week to miles, thoughts?

Jukes

Great research and article CW. Really outdone yourself here.

I'm trading in McDonald for Coniglio/Magner and Treloar for Zorko this week. Gotta fix my rookies before the season draws on and these two look good. Also gonna look at getting in Miles for the other of Coniglio and Magner next week if he scores well again.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tractorfac on April 23, 2012, 12:43:47 AM
im thinking of downgrading coniglio to mcdonald this week or downgrade next week to miles, thoughts?

You can't go wrong either way Miles will hold his spot at least long enough to make you a lot of money.

I would WAIT and see who is named out of the three, Mcdonald has the best job security and should never score under 80 since he is the go - to guy for a lot of the youngsters, not so much in the midfield where they have Scully Ward and Palmer, but coming out of defence they go to him a lot.

Coniglio - Avg 62 - BE -4 Projected change +26,700.

The increased if he continues to averag 60-70 slow down and after the next increase of $26,700 you will only make a further $40k from him over the next 4.

Verdict - play him one more round and bring in Miles / Treloar - or trade him this week for Mvcdonald which would be my choice.

stew42

Hey Colli, if you could answer my Q in my earlier thread (re. Caddy), that would be much appreciated!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Jukes on April 23, 2012, 12:49:30 AM

I'm trading in McDonald for Coniglio/Magner and Treloar for Zorko this week. Gotta fix my rookies before the season draws on and these two look good. Also gonna look at getting in Miles for the other of Coniglio and Magner next week if he scores well again.

Yeah you don't need any advice - makes sense, a lot of people will criticize you for talking of trading Magner on the back of two average games, but is there any difference in staying excited on the back of only the same number of great games?

Coming off his low base Magner still has a lot of money to make even tho his BE is up to +22 this round.

I would trade out Coniglio ahead of Magner as Magner will increase more over the next month even scoring 60's.

MAGNER  - Avg 80.25 / BE +22 / projected price rise round 5 = $23,700 IF he scores 80.

Projected increase over the next 4 after that one if he continues to score 80's is $100,000 more.

Even if he drops to a 60 average he will still make you $80K over the next 4-5 weeks.

He scored tons against Brisbane who won and WCE, and scored poorly against Bulldogs and Richmond.

He was a tagger on Boyd against the Bulldogs and still scraped out a 64.

His next 6 games - Every one up until his BYE are against tough teams.

STK - GEE -HAW - SYD - CAR - ESS - COL

Justin Bieber

You are the man cw. Keep up the good work mate.

Cayenne

Quote from: Jukes on April 23, 2012, 12:49:30 AM

I was thinking of very similar trades. Going Couch to Treloar, but tossing up on greene/magner to jmac, or waiting a week and going miles.

Magner's BE is 22 and projected increase of 23,700. That's only if he gets projected 80. If he keeps up the 50-60 scores he might slow right down.

Greene missed this week but has a BE of -32 and is gonna go up.

I'm thinking only going one out of jmac and miles is going to benefit me most tradewise, so I guess it's take jmac now or take a gamble on miles next week, and see what happens with magner/greene.

Colliwobblers

Magner won't slow down in increases if his average drops to 60 each round, not by much. Has much better JS than greene.

Tough call i would go mcdonald over treloar on JS but i wouldnt want to trade either greene or magner out for at least 2 or 3 more weeks lots more cash to be made from both scoring 60's will get you $100k in 3 weeks.

Don't be worried about "missing" rooks, there are a lot more to come through yet.

If you have a dud, sure trade if you have a cow that is only half fat consider trying to hold off.

mike_3456

this week im thinking of going t.dickson-> treloar. do you think this will leave me with too many gws players? i already have bugg, mcdonald, greene, giles, kennedy and d.smith. kennedy and d.smith in my fwds.

Capper

nice work CW, keep it up

here is a question for you CW, Thinking about getting rid of Ledger for Treloar befire his price goes up? Thoughts? The other possibility was to hang on to him for the captain loophole this week ie Swan VC, Boyd/Ablet C

elephants

Ripping work Colli!!

Thinking of trading Coniglio or Magnet for Selwood... Leaning toward Manger...?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: mike_3456 on April 23, 2012, 01:30:54 AM
this week im thinking of going t.dickson-> treloar. do you think this will leave me with too many gws players? i already have bugg, mcdonald, greene, giles, kennedy and d.smith. kennedy and d.smith in my fwds.

No - You make this trade you will have 5 between your mids and fwds, only 1 in ruck and def. By the time the bye comes you will have traded out at least 3 of the 5 in fwd and mids giving you no issues with too many players in the round 11 bye round.

Dickson may get another run on the back of a couple of average efforts in the doggies fwd line this week but his JS is not good so if you have the luxury of not having any of the MANY injured players to deal with this trade makes sense.

WAIT until thursday teams are out until you do it tho it cannot be reversed if you do it now after Wednesdays partial lockout.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on April 23, 2012, 01:03:52 AM
You are the man cw. Keep up the good work mate.

Gee thanks Whatlez, I don't spend a tenth of the time on here helping people as you do but cheers..

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tabs on April 23, 2012, 01:46:30 AM
nice work CW, keep it up

here is a question for you CW, Thinking about getting rid of Ledger for Treloar befire his price goes up? Thoughts? The other possibility was to hang on to him for the captain loophole this week ie Swan VC, Boyd/Ablet C

Hmmmmm, again if you have no injuries or issues in your team to fix it's a good trade especially for DT where ledger costs $160K+ And the saints for whatever reason seem not to need to play him, every other kid on thier list is getting a run but not the one who is better than the rest!

I have him too but given he isnt losing me money i have bigger issues to fix and there most definately will be more rooks coming through. Miles is a GUN and has another game to play before rising, but Treloar is probably the pick of the two just for his DPP.

If you are using Ledger for loophole I am not sure you will know the final teams for the weekends games when lockout happens Wednesday, so if Ledger ends up playing you will be forced to make boyd or ablett captain naturally anyway.

You can't go wrong getting rid of him, this week for treloar or next week for Miles. His JS is just too uncertain and everyone else is fattening cows while he stays skinny :( on our benches.