B Stanton - can he keep this up?

Started by Lucastorm, April 23, 2012, 12:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucastorm

Just wanted to get your much respected opinions on Stanton. Will he keep up decent scores every week?

shezz150

hes got GWS, richmond and melbourne all in a row soon...
im 99% sure i will have him in my team by anzac day

Andrew

Quote from: shezz150 on April 23, 2012, 12:05:42 AM
hes got GWS, richmond and melbourne all in a row soon...
im 99% sure i will have him in my team by anzac day

Great point...

Boomz

He is becoming a must have... I'm doing everything I can to get him in... Not sure how though :(

Capper

i am still waiting for the dons to hit the wall. But they have proved me wrong thus far.

Jukes

Remember how I talked him up massively all pre-season? HOW RIGHT WAS I.

You all better get him in. Apart from Ablett, he'll average the most in the AFL I reckon. Only .25 off GAJ at this moment too.

Macca#23

Dangerfield > Treolar and Coniglio/Magner > Stanton?

Thoughts?

Holz

Quote from: Macca#23 on April 23, 2012, 02:51:00 AM

Thoughts?

you do improve your team but dont think its worth the 2 trades and the losing the cash rise of conigs/magner.

Jukes

Holz Coniglio and Magner won't rise very steeply anymore...their BE's are pretty high. I'd go with it Macca.

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on April 23, 2012, 03:06:23 AM
Holz Coniglio and Magner won't rise very steeply anymore...their BE's are pretty high. I'd go with it Macca.

yeah they wont go up that much but if they can average 70 than i think they rise to at least 280k. Definitely not a bad move picking up stanton, I would leaned towards not worth it but if stants can average 120 for the season than its a good move. Saying that im trading out kennedy so its abit hypocritical.

Im also not too sure about trading out danger.

unceramonius

ha ive seen many big calls fall flat on their face on this site.   Ooooooooooh whitecross is a must,  cornes is the best ever,  clancey is a beaut.    But wow....this Stanton thing is really taking off.  Well done picking him, i couldnt have done it.....i woulda went jobe

locknload

Yes, Stanton is a DT Gun.
He is in the Boyd and Swan category of being the elite in DT.
Jobe is probably the best SC player at essendon but in terms of DT I rate Stanton more.
He will finish top 5 total points.

And I dont have him =(

Praetorian

It would have been very interesting to see how Stanton would have scored if Carrazzo hadn't gone off so early.

Considering that I expect his season average to be lower than all of Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan and Murphy, I wouldn't label him as a 'must-have' and 548k seems incredibly pricey. He's had an incredible start to the year, but so have the Bombers, and I don't have them in my top 8 come season's end. At the very least, once this week's 175 has been factored in three times, his price will be astronomical and it will only take one sub-100 game for his price to plummet. Personally, I'd hold off until then.

Andrew

He only scored 91 v Gold Coast a week ago and you would've been hoping for a lot more than that. Boyd did the same this week v Melbourne scoring 84. Mid premiums are a plenty but it's difficult to differentiate the absolute best pick. With Swan back on track I might play it "safe" and get him in first... tough with a Wednesday lockout though.

Quote from: Macca#23 on April 23, 2012, 02:51:00 AM

Thoughts?

If you've got the balls to pull it before partial lockout on Wednesday... for what it's worth I'd move on coniglio before Magner.

me

while i agree he's a complete dt jet, he'll definitely start copping attention - something he hasn't historically coped with