Dustin Martin

Started by Jake8, April 22, 2012, 09:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

I didnt watch the game but i am a diehard Richmond fan that loves Dusty, but. Imguessing he got such a low score due to his 5 clangers and low inside 50 count. He way have made a few errors in uncontested situations or some simple handballing mistakes?i'm not sure i didnt watch it as i said. What i can say is, statistically he was very quiet in the last quarter when the game was on the line, add that to the above possibilites i mentioned above and you get a bad score. I wouldnt worry about his form as everyone has been saying (and from the games i have watched this year) he does some tremendous things, that not many are capable of and he has all the attributes. You just have to sit it out, he will only get better. Martin is honestly not even a consideration for trade IMO.

Noz

Many believed this was his year to break out and prove himself as a top midfielder in the Richmond side. He might be a step or so away but the talent is there. Even if he keeps up this scoring type he still can't be consided trade bait as there aren't many convincing forwards going around. Keep him and he may become a good F6/7 depending on what you want to do with Porps.

E Kavastar

Overtakes Montagna last year as my worst ever starting premiun selection.

I know he's faced some tough teams, but come on Dusty! If he doesn't score 120+ against Port in 2 weeks then I'll be trading him in for a Mars bar and a bag of dog s***.

ajjewell

Quote from: E Kavastar on April 23, 2012, 03:06:44 AM
Overtakes Montagna last year as my worst ever starting premiun selection.

I know he's faced some tough teams, but come on Dusty! If he doesn't score 120+ against Port in 2 weeks then I'll be trading him in for a Mars bar and a bag of dog s***.
So you didn't have Nick Riewoldt last year then?

no eye deer

I know it goes against all the rules, but im so tempted to whack him in the mids and do a straight swap for Barlow!

brutal

Quote from: mabo on April 22, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
He only tonned it up 9 games out of 22 last year - only 40.9% of the games.
And only went 120+ 4 times, or in only 18.2% of his games.

I believe his average was artificially inflated because of his two super high scores of 168 (vs. N.Melbourne) and 155 (vs. Brisbane).

I don't think I'd call that 'artificially inflated.'  He actually hit those scores by playing good football, and those who had selected him still got the scores..  Was Gazza's enormous score against Essendon something that 'artificially' inflated his average?

twinkle

I didn't see the game on the weekend - but was watching the scoring on FF. Dusty seemed on track for a huge score but seemed to go missing for most of last quarter?

charliesheen

Yeh he was on target for decent score.  Still, not convinced about this so so "lock", but I am in no position to trade him either.

Good news is 35-40% of people are stuck with him.

Legen...DARY

result has a lot to do with his SC scores i feel.

if he was in a winning team these scores would be higher...

played well against the cats, he'll improve.

thewizz

Least of my concerns with Ablett and Sandi out

quinny88

Quote from: thewizz on April 23, 2012, 04:17:31 PM
Least of my concerns with Ablett and Sandi out

Not one article about sandi being out yet so i wouldnt believe it till u see it