Dustin Martin

Started by Jake8, April 22, 2012, 09:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake8

What's everyone thoughts on him? Hasn't tonned it up yet. Don't knwo what to do with him. Help appreciated. Thanks.

The Bomber

wait a couple of weeks to trade him in...maybe

97crows98

I'm keeping him wit the amount of injuries happening atm every one is valuable, and he will get better.

batt

Hold.

We all backed him in at the start of the season for a reason and you know he's got the potential to pump out 140's.

Trading him and seeing him pump out one next week would be disastrous.

Gotta ride the roller-coaster to reap the results.

FonFatty

Champion data are crucifying this bloke, today's game deserved better than 79, those 50+ metre defense splitting score assists were huge. He is playing good footy, do not trade him.

Jake8

Knowing my luck if I trade he will score 150+.

mpollock

i don't have Martin but here are my thoughts anyway:

1) I think if you can trade him for a mid then that is ok (but consider points 3 & 4 first)
2) I think forwards all largely inconsistent so if you are looking to do a fwd trade you may as well keep him and hope he improves as Richmond's draw becomes easier
3) Remember: He played Geelong at SS this week ... tough game for anyone really!
4) The other major factor is how many trades do you have and how many current injuries do you have ... it is getting hard to burn trades on any premiums now due to all these injuries (and yes many will argue that you should never trade a premium ... not a notion that i agree with  :))

Maca24

Fit players are like gold at the moment! especially premiums.

port2012

Keep him. No forwards are scoring over 100 consistently

Jake8

Thanks for all the help boys. Means a lot  :)

mabo

I'll probably get flogged for this, but I think Martin may have been a bit of a mirage.

If you look at his SC scores from last year here:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-richmond-tigers--dustin-martin?year=2011&fantasy=y

He only tonned it up 9 games out of 22 last year - only 40.9% of the games.
And only went 120+ 4 times, or in only 18.2% of his games.

I believe his average was artificially inflated because of his two super high scores of 168 (vs. N.Melbourne) and 155 (vs. Brisbane).
So those two really high scores that stuck in everyone's mind weren't even against very good opponents (on last years form).

In 8 of his games last year he scored 79 points or less or 36.4% of his games.

Take that for what it's worth - just wanted to put that out there.

jabroni

Quote from: FonFatty on April 22, 2012, 09:24:38 PM
Champion data are crucifying this bloke, today's game deserved better than 79, those 50+ metre defense splitting score assists were huge. He is playing good footy, do not trade him.

This - he had some huge surges breaking through lines today and hitting targets - its not like tigers got smashed either so the 3300 should have been fairly spread you would think

batt

Totally agree with all mabo has said but surely he'll improve on last year's basement scores?  Time will tell I spose.

quinny88

Quote from: mabo on April 22, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
I'll probably get flogged for this, but I think Martin may have been a bit of a mirage.

If you look at his SC scores from last year here:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-richmond-tigers--dustin-martin?year=2011&fantasy=y

He only tonned it up 9 games out of 22 last year - only 40.9% of the games.
And only went 120+ 4 times, or in only 18.2% of his games.

I believe his average was artificially inflated because of his two super high scores of 168 (vs. N.Melbourne) and 155 (vs. Brisbane).
So those two really high scores that stuck in everyone's mind weren't even against very good opponents (on last years form).

In 8 of his games last year he scored 79 points or less or 36.4% of his games.

Take that for what it's worth - just wanted to put that out there.

Fair points, but lets not forget were talking about a kid here. Hes played 2 seasons, he has deffinetly shown some signs in games and i think now that they are about to get west coast out of the way his draw looks alot easier after that and he will start to become more prominant as the tigers begin to win games

FonFatty

Quote from: jabroni on April 22, 2012, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: FonFatty on April 22, 2012, 09:24:38 PM

This - he had some huge surges breaking through lines today and hitting targets - its not like tigers got smashed either so the 3300 should have been fairly spread you would think
I totally agree.
How did Paul Chapman score 100+? Dusty did more for his team than Chapman did.