To Murphy
5 (38.5%)
To someone else
1 (7.7%)
keep him
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

shuester

I am thinking about trading Shuey $546,300 who has started very well so far scoring 94, 127, 141 and 84 to Marc Murphy $645,700 who has done even better scoring 119, 147, 130 and 120.
Last season I did the dumb thing of keeping Matt Priddis (even though he's ultra consistent) instead of trading him to GAJ who scores way more.
I think this is the situation with shuey and Murphy and I think Its time to step it up and get my 5th premium mid.

Current mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Shuey, Magner

I think Magner still has way more money to pump out so definately not time for him to go but think I need to get my 5th prem mid while I can.
Thoughts?
And I have $105,700 in the bank so shuey to murph can be done

lewis

upthemaidens

murphy isnt gunna go up a huge amount,, why not keep the 5 prems u already have and then in a few week rangle the murphy trade to give u 6 premiums.. u picked shuey has a keeper didnt you? and hes done very well so far

shuester

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 22, 2012, 12:51:03 PM
murphy isnt gunna go up a huge amount,, why not keep the 5 prems u already have and then in a few week rangle the murphy trade to give u 6 premiums.. u picked shuey has a keeper didnt you? and hes done very well so far
The good thing about shuey is he can score BIG but I made the same mistake with priddis last year so I think Its best to get the extra points. But I just love the Shuester so Its a tough one but still leaning towards the trade

kilbluff1985

+1 sideways trades to chase points not a good idea

upthemaidens

Quote from: shuester on April 22, 2012, 12:57:56 PM
The good thing about shuey is he can score BIG but I made the same mistake with priddis last year so I think Its best to get the extra points. But I just love the Shuester so Its a tough one but still leaning towards the trade
well one needs to ask why you picked him to start with? he has done better than expected and u want to get rid of him. it doesnt make alot of sense to me, but you seem to be wanting to trade so guess u should.

shuester

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 22, 2012, 01:02:52 PM
Quote from: shuester on April 22, 2012, 12:57:56 PM
well one needs to ask why you picked him to start with? he has done better than expected and u want to get rid of him. it doesnt make alot of sense to me, but you seem to be wanting to trade so guess u should.
Yes you make good points and Yes I did want to keep him for longer when I got him but I doubt he will score as much as Murphy and I dont think he can get the premium status just yet. But thanks for the advice anyway, hes done very well for someone at his price so far

Locinator

The only reason to trade him is if his shoulder bump is a lot worse than it was first thought

charliesheen

Quote from: Locinator on April 22, 2012, 01:32:33 PM
The only reason to trade him is if his shoulder bump is a lot worse than it was first thought

this