Yes
11 (37.9%)
No
5 (17.2%)
Maybe
13 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Windigo

What do people think of Jack Ziebell as an early upgrade target? If he slays a ton against the Swans you'd have to consider yeah?  ???

Add to the fact he averaged 100 over the last 9 games last year including some big hauls.

His pre-season has been pretty good as well.

39, short game
59, short game
20, short game (Harvey top scored with 32)
64, full game Vs Swans

Then that 139 Vs the premiers.

His food for thought for people with enough coin.

Plastic Boy

I'm not double trading to get him in, and I don't want him come the last half of the year in my mids. Not for me...

Windigo

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 22, 2012, 10:35:05 AM
I'm not double trading to get him in, and I don't want him come the last half of the year in my mids. Not for me...

Fair enough.  ;)

I'm in a position where I could as Carrazzo out means I can free up enough cash.

Plastic Boy

Ur call, if you want him in your mids at rd22 then that's the reason you're getting him in.

If he tons it against the lock down Swans then he could be in for a big year.

Wait and see and after this arvo you'll have a better idea

upthemaidens

why not, worst case is he doesnt average has much as u hope and u trade him out in 6 weeks, his price wont come down..
   best case he breaks out averages 100+ and u have yourself a cheap keeper, guess it depends on whether or not you need to gamble.   personnally i think barlow at a similar price is a safer bet, but safe wont win you anything

Plastic Boy

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 22, 2012, 10:43:34 AM
why not, worst case is he doesnt average has much as u hope and u trade him out in 6 weeks

Wow how many trades do you want to burn... Be careful and think before you trade otherwise you'll burn through them very quickly

Windigo

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 22, 2012, 10:41:36 AM
Ur call, if you want him in your mids at rd22 then that's the reason you're getting him in.

If he tons it against the lock down Swans then he could be in for a big year.

Wait and see and after this arvo you'll have a better idea

Yep, precisely. The pass mark for Ziebell is 90+ today. If not, then I'll just get Waters and wait.

why not, worst case is he doesnt average has much as u hope and u trade him out in 6 weeks, his price wont come down..
   best case he breaks out averages 100+ and u have yourself a cheap keeper, guess it depends on whether or not you need to gamble.   personnally i think barlow at a similar price is a safer bet, but safe wont win you anything

I think it's time for a few risks, the teams going down the tubes. I'd get Barlow, but about 10K off him unfortunately.  :(

Jay Z, above all others is the one that screams breakout. .92 points a minute last year and was the MOST benched player in AFL last year.

He'll go up enough for an upgrade  if it does come to that...But we'll see today how he goes.

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 22, 2012, 10:46:44 AM
why not, worst case is he doesnt average has much as u hope and u trade him out in 6 weeks

Wow how many trades do you want to burn... Be careful and think before you trade otherwise you'll burn through them very quickly

It's okay. I take trade management very seriously.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 22, 2012, 10:46:44 AM

well i did say worse case,, if hes not averaging as much as u wish, then it would be pretty daft to keep him..
  keep trades and finish a respectable mid-pack rank like the rest of the herd, or trade hard and have a chance at winning..
my approach is better and more fun

Windigo

Well, if I was silly and wanted to burn trades, then I'd have put a post up saying whether I should trade Jack "Forgot How To Tackle" Redden.  :P

crabapples

My thouhts are he'll be great come finsls year. My theory (after being burnt last year) is that teams fighting for position later in thr year r the guys u want i think north will b one of those teams

Windigo

Quote from: crabapples on April 22, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
My thouhts are he'll be great come finsls year. My theory (after being burnt last year) is that teams fighting for position later in thr year r the guys u want i think north will b one of those teams

And there is no chance of him being rested as with other premiums. So there's 'maybe' another 100 points.

But you must admit, 27 touches and 9 marks with 4 tackles and 4.0 against Geelong is unbelievable.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Windigo on April 22, 2012, 10:53:04 AM
Well, if I was silly and wanted to burn trades, then I'd have put a post up saying whether I should trade Jack "Forgot How To Tackle" Redden.  :P
well yeah u should trade him out(no scrape that, u should have never picked him), but seriously these guys are taking up spots in your mid-field and they will not be top 6 mid-fielder for the year,, so  if u are going for rank then redden,ziebel and any other non top 10 scorers  are going to hurt your overall... but seeing that your score this week is pretty bad, think its time to focus on league

Windigo

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 22, 2012, 11:00:43 AM
well yeah u should trade him out(no scrape that, u should have never picked him), but seriously these guys are taking up spots in your mid-field and they will not be top 6 mid-fielder for the year,, so  if u are going for rank then redden,ziebel and any other non top 10 scorers  are going to hurt your overall... but seeing that your score this week is pretty bad, think its time to focus on league

I'm not giving up that easily, and why wouldn't I have picked Redden at the start of the year. Smashing tons and was in great form and he was a top 6 mid last year overall. Too easy to say that with hindsight.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Windigo on April 22, 2012, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on April 22, 2012, 11:00:43 AM

I'm not giving up that easily, and why wouldn't I have picked Redden at the start of the year. Smashing tons and was in great form and he was a top 6 mid last year overall. Too easy to say that with hindsight.
yeah good point im sure he will come good

Windigo

Well, if he wanted to come good, it would've been last night.... :'(

Just gotta stick with him and hope he tackles more, that's where he get's his points from. 25 touches for 70 odd isn't fantastic.