Midfield Trading

Started by powersuperkents, April 22, 2012, 02:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trade Scott Selwood for Tom Rockliff next week

Yes
No
No (Thats F**king stupid)

powersuperkents

Im probably most likely not going to go through with it but the sound of trading Scott Selwood who is performing alright but probably will start only scoring 80's like last year for Tom Rockliff who thanks to a great performance will most likely go up in price next week and will continually score +100 scores. I want Rockliff in my side because I've had him all last season and besides an injury (for which I kept him) rarely had a bad performance. I do not believe Scott Selwood will be neither as consistant or achieve scores/price of Rockliff. Now is probably the cheapest Rockliff will get for the rest of the season unless he sustains injury.

Please vote this is a major decision and please inform me if you think Scott Selwood will achieve +100 scores this year which would potentialy render this trade as a useless sideways trade. Please write your opinions and vote. :)

Holz

wow good work having selwood, surely you picked him for a reason and he is probably out performing wha tyou expected so why trade out a guy who i think is out scoring rocky.

owenbond007

yes great pick up hold your horses i reckon. I was happy with Watson pick up but selwood is slaying it not sure what he scored tonight but it would of had be up there it was a tightly contested game

Turkies

I think selwood isn't a keeper, so using him to get a few good scores and make a big of cash is good. I know you got an attachment to Rocky, but i'm not convinced he will be a top 6 mid by years end...maybe you should look at someone like swan/pendles who have both come down in price significantly.

I also think you should wait a week, Swan/Rocky both have fairly high BE's, if they do rise it won't be by much. Pendles has a high BE and will certainly drop in price, whilst Selwood should have another small price rise in him.

owenbond007

Turkey slapper has a point id look for murphy/swan pending your bye strat.

Zombie2.5

??? Eh? I thought you meant trade Rocky > Selwood, but i wouldn't do it at all, not even the other way round. It's just a sideways trade and they look like they'll average the same for the rest of the year..... so what's the point?

Locinator

Everyone has off days. I didn't trade Rioli just cos he had an off-day last week.

Give your premiums a chance. There gonna get their 150's and there gonna get their sub 80's

powersuperkents

All I need to know is that if Scott Selwood is classed a premium this year or not.

I've seen Pendlebury tempting breakeven of 180 next week and I think I will wait for his price to rapidly drop then sell Selwood out for Pendles. I know I have an attachment to Rocky but I believe you guys know what best and agree that he will not be as good as other midfield options (Joel Selwood, Dane Swan & Scott Pendlebury)

My Current Midfield Consists of Ablett, Scott Selwood, Callan Ward(extremely impressed by), Brad Ebert(extremely impressed by and was best value for price), Liam Anthony(attached since his debut year in 2009), Lenny Hayes (Great value for money)
Bench: James McDonald(ex subpremium for rookie price) and Richard Newell (doesn't play but can sub around with the defence)

Doyle

Why do you have two different nos?

Praetorian

I think Selwood will get near or damn it to 100 avg this year, so if you're looking to keep him as a fifth or sixth midfielder I say stay your blade. I don't think he'll be an uber-premium like Rockliff, but I'd probably be looking for a different way to get Rockliff in (Ebert or Anthony once they've peaked in price). You've done really well to pick Selwood, trading him out now seems like a stupendous waste.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Doyle on April 22, 2012, 07:30:41 PM
Why do you have two different nos?
Because I wanted to see if it was a bad idea or a sideways trade. I would of been more likely to trade if everyone voted no because there the chance rockliff may do better but if the second no is selected its worse because it would mean its a sideways trade which is a waste of a trade for a player who will most likely score pretty much the same scores. If just no was selected it means he could do better or worse then the originally traded player meaning more reason to trade for rather then trading in a player who will score the same basic scores

powersuperkents

Quote from: Praetorian on April 22, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
I think Selwood will get near or damn it to 100 avg this year, so if you're looking to keep him as a fifth or sixth midfielder I say stay your blade. I don't think he'll be an uber-premium like Rockliff, but I'd probably be looking for a different way to get Rockliff in (Ebert or Anthony once they've peaked in price). You've done really well to pick Selwood, trading him out now seems like a stupendous waste.
That is an excellent idea Ebert and Anthony should potentially reach that price range aswell before dropping if they mantain their scores which they most likely wont continue to achieve. I will most likely go Anthony to J. Selwood, Pendlebury, Swan or Rockliff and this will also give me more time to access which of the 4 is the better one or potentially two if Anthony and Ebert both gain the price rise. It will also give me the chance to see if any new unexpected challengers pop up (atm Shane Tuck) and score higher scores then the main premium such as Rockliff and Redden did last year