Lanthony
1 (0.9%)
Other
8 (6.8%)
Keeping
61 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

bernie

i was thinking of going to ziebell whom will pretty much be garrenteed to score hundreeds with easy run over next few weeks is it work trading ablett out of keeping him hoping its a one week/two week injury.
thoughts

Grazz

I'll be keeping him, you'll need him later. He seems confident he will only miss a week so im holding onto him. ;)

Football Factory

Quote from: Grazz on April 24, 2012, 04:29:16 PM
I'll be keeping him, you'll need him later. He seems confident he will only miss a week so im holding onto him. ;)
+ 1 .. gonna have bugger all trades left for upgrading rooks if you get rid of premo's with 1-2-3 week injuries

Reddevil969

Normally wouldn't contemplate trading SMJ, BUT my mids have given me a dilema... currently have GAJ, Boyd, Pendles, Jelwood, Jobe as premos (3 R12 byes....deciding to start paying attention to byes after 4 rnds  :-\)

Anyway ablett > rockliff would enable me to change one of them back to GAJ b4 R12, potentially saving a donut. Meanwhile the extra cash can be used on my fwds over the next couple of weeks. Thoughts on this scenario?

Football Factory

Quote from: Reddevil969 on April 24, 2012, 08:36:36 PM
Normally wouldn't contemplate trading SMJ, BUT my mids have given me a dilema... currently have GAJ, Boyd, Pendles, Jelwood, Jobe as premos (3 R12 byes....deciding to start paying attention to byes after 4 rnds  :-\)

Anyway ablett > rockliff would enable me to change one of them back to GAJ b4 R12, potentially saving a donut. Meanwhile the extra cash can be used on my fwds over the next couple of weeks. Thoughts on this scenario?

when you put it like that it doesn't sound like such a bad idea ..  :-\  if you haven't used any or many trades yet then yeah maybe a good idea  :-\

Andrew

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 24, 2012, 08:49:06 PM
Quote from: Reddevil969 on April 24, 2012, 08:36:36 PM

when you put it like that it doesn't sound like such a bad idea ..  :-\  if you haven't used any or many trades yet then yeah maybe a good idea  :-\

Good trade which saves you massively come round 12. You would have to do something about that situation when it comes around anyway, so why not fix it now while you've got a good excuse to?

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 24, 2012, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: Grazz on April 24, 2012, 04:29:16 PM
+ 1 .. gonna have bugger all trades left for upgrading rooks if you get rid of premo's with 1-2-3 week injuries

There are premo's who are valued in the $400ks... then there's $592k Gary Ablett. But even if, you'd only hold a premo for 3 weeks of doughnuts if you weren't bothered about overall ranking.

Surely this decision is more about what your amibition is? If you're going for a league win, saving trades for finals time is crucial. But otherwise, how can it be wise to leave $592k on your bench for even a 1 week injury layoff..?

Ziplock

mmm I have magner benched... on a punt that magner can go 100+ again, I think I can live with fielding him over ablett :P

DT Gun

if your thinking about trading him out just scroll through his scores last season and think to yourself 'can i afford to not get some of these scores'

nathan11

Quote from: DT Gun on April 25, 2012, 02:10:59 AM
if your thinking about trading him out just scroll through his scores last season and think to yourself 'can i afford to not get some of these scores'

Or think he is out for 2 weeks will he score 300 more than the prem I bring in over the rest of the season?

picker_man

could say the same about stanton this yr.........

Football Factory

Quote from: picker_man on April 25, 2012, 11:22:27 AM
could say the same about stanton this yr.........
Stanton is on the radar .. wont be too long before i have him and ablett  ;)

DT Gun

trade away at your own peril, he could even be back next week

matt1985

Quote from: DT Gun on April 25, 2012, 12:30:28 PM
trade away at your own peril, he could even be back next week

The dr rulled him out for 3 weeks. Fair enough GAJ is saying he doesn't feel too bad, and could be back next week. But will GCS risk rushing him back? If rushed back too early, there is a good chance he could do a Luke Ball and ruin his season.

Without GAJ GCS are really going to struggle, and won't want to risk loosing him for longer then needed. So you would have to think common sense will come in and they will rest him for the recommended 3 week period.

Justin Bieber

I'm sure the Doctor said 2-3.

Last year Ablett had a 4 week injury and came back after one. I recon 1-2 max.

matt1985

Quote from: whatlez on April 25, 2012, 01:40:22 PM
I'm sure the Doctor said 2-3.

Last year Ablett had a 4 week injury and came back after one. I recon 1-2 max.

Time will only tell! I think I will get him back in the week after he makes his come back. I'd rather wait and see if he is the same old GAJ before getting him back in.