1 (0.9%)
Other
8 (6.8%)
Keeping
61 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

upthemaidens

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 12:05:06 PM
They'll want to make sure Ablett's fit before playing him. Even if he only misses one, I'm willing to ride out the inevitable price drop that will come from scoring 97 when priced at ~580k.

The real question for me is who to bring in for him. :( I've narrowed it down to Boyd and Swan. Taking suggestions.
pretty sure his break even isnt too bad,, i havnt checked,but i think it was only about 120 odd,, so doubt he will come down much

Praetorian

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 24, 2012, 12:14:55 PM
They'll want to make sure Ablett's fit before playing him. Even if he only misses one, I'm willing to ride out the inevitable price drop that will come from scoring 97 when priced at ~580k.

The real question for me is who to bring in for him. :( I've narrowed it down to Boyd and Swan. Taking suggestions.
pretty sure his break even isnt too bad,, i havnt checked,but i think it was only about 120 odd,, so doubt he will come down much

Maybe, but if they rush him back he'll be underdone and less likely to reach those lofty heights. The 97 needs to be factored in twice more anyway, so even if he does score a 120 next game that'll be pushing out first his 143 and then his 162, so his breakeven will most likely continue to rise for the next three games he plays.

Ricochet

His BE is 118

elephants

Price has little bearing on me trading Ablett.

Give me the extra points ;D

upthemaidens

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

Maybe, but if they rush him back he'll be underdone and less likely to reach those lofty heights. The 97 needs to be factored in twice more anyway, so even if he does score a 120 next game that'll be pushing out first his 143 and then his 162, so his breakeven will most likely continue to rise for the next three games he plays.
sure he may come down alittle, but very unlikely be more than 50k.. if he had of scored 20 pts for example  than u could be assured of a 100k drop, that would change the situation a fair bit

Praetorian

His price will come down, without question. Even if it's 'only' 50k, I paid more than 540k last week for Murphy. :P

upthemaidens

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 01:09:57 PM
His price will come down, without question. Even if it's 'only' 50k, I paid more than 540k last week for Murphy. :P
at some point every premiums price will come down, just like the stock market.. cant keep going up forever

Praetorian

Exactly! So I plan to sell high, buy low!   ;)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 01:16:14 PM
haha ok, u seem to have made your mind up.. good luck

Andrew

Interesting to see others considering Brad Ebert. Possibly the last sub-$400k midfielder worth considering for the season. As an Eagles fan I knew he was a DT slut, but with a tough start to the season for Port and not as good support around Ebert, I didn't think he'd start the season as well as he has. With a last round bye (same as Ablett), you could trade him out if he goes sour, but I feel like he's sure to be up amongst the highest DT scorers for Port because they don't have anyone else. Some easy fixtures for Port coming up really makes me tempted.

Oh, and did I mention Ablett -> Ebert raises $210k in cash, leaving me with $525k in the bank to get Barlow & possibly even Swan next week..? (although I might do Kennedy/Magner -> Treloar this week to ensure I can do that double upgrade)

My entire midfield: Ablett, J. Selwood, Thompson, Hayes, McDonald, Magner (Greene, Shiel)

elephants

Don't tempt me Andrew :P

Also Ebert has a round 12 bye - Ablett is round 13.

upthemaidens

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 01:46:41 PM

ebert(port) rd.13 bye dude

elephants

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 24, 2012, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 01:46:41 PM

ebert(port) rd.13 bye dude

Oh.. umm.. yeah. Must be a.... problem... with my.... ahhh.... FANPLANNER! That's it... there is a problem with my.. fanplanner which is why i got it wrong...

;D

Andrew

Yep doing Ablett -> Ebert keeps the same bye structure you already have. If I bring in Ebert I could make a decision on who to upgrade between him & Hayes and miss them copping a doughnut. When you're going for overall, decisions like this could well be the difference between getting ahead or staying in the pack.

But getting back to the initial decision, even Ablett only missing 1 match (against doctors' advice), it's hard to have faith he'll come back cranking 120+ scores so that's a risk in itself. In the meantime you have the most expensive player in the game sitting on your bench - all of $592.9k. If you're going for overall I don't know how this is in your interests. Going for league win? Yeah, probably hold him.

PowerBug

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 01:16:14 PM
Really??? I aim to buy high and selll low. :P

My decision on whether i keep Ablett or not may come down to how well Pendlebury scores tomorrow. Good score = i keep, not captain worthy score = i sell Ablett.