Lanthony
1 (0.9%)
Other
8 (6.8%)
Keeping
61 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

matt1985

I just read through the pages and like a lot of the options people are considering with trading GAJ. I'm just weighing up my options and wanted some quick thoughts.

Would there be more value in going do to a mid pricer such as Ziebell or Ebert? Or should I just trade for another premo and keep my mids premium?

I currently have Murphy, Boyd, Selwood, (GAJ), Old mac, Shiel, Magner and Greene as my mid options.

Currently ranked at 102, and want to continue climbing. Considering Stanton as he is in fine form, but as a lot have said. How long can it last?

Sorry for being a pain, I just never thought I would have to worry about dealing with the GAJ this year! Thanks everyone!

Holz

Quote from: matt1985 on April 23, 2012, 09:15:59 PM
I just read through the pages and like a lot of the options people are considering with trading GAJ. I'm just weighing up my options and wanted some quick thoughts.

Would there be more value in going do to a mid pricer such as Ziebell or Ebert? Or should I just trade for another premo and keep my mids premium?

I currently have Murphy, Boyd, Selwood, (GAJ), Old mac, Shiel, Magner and Greene as my mid options.

Currently ranked at 102, and want to continue climbing. Considering Stanton as he is in fine form, but as a lot have said. How long can it last?

Sorry for being a pain, I just never thought I would have to worry about dealing with the GAJ this year! Thanks everyone!

for me i would go the under priced super premium option so would look at rocky or pendles.

matt1985

Quote from: Holzman on April 23, 2012, 10:13:39 PM
Quote from: matt1985 on April 23, 2012, 09:15:59 PM

for me i would go the under priced super premium option so would look at rocky or pendles.

I've considered Rocky, but his form early on hasn't been very impressive... Now there are whispers of Pendles limping around at training, it's a bit worrying. So tough lol. Would like to have Stanton to have a crack at the VC loop hole.

But Would be nice to pick the right cheap premo player to free up the extra cash for upgrades later on... 

Zombie2.5

Ewww, 2-3 weeks, I'd be keeping him.

On the other hand, we can use him for VC/C loophole!!

Just put VC on Pendles/Swan and C on Gazza

matt1985

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on April 23, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

I don't like the thought of nearly 600k sitting on the bench for 3 weeks :/ I wish we had until friday to make the decision :'(

picker_man

Quote from: matt1985 on April 23, 2012, 10:35:20 PM
Quote from: Zombie2.5 on April 23, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

I don't like the thought of nearly 600k sitting on the bench for 3 weeks :/ I wish we had until friday to make the decision :'(
exspecially not when your ranked 102 good effort mate ;D
im ranked 3.6k and will still be trading him out for now to stay with the pack

The Silent Partner

In a similar situation ranked 500th dont want to lose ground have 21 trades left for season which is freaking me out Had Mummy , Fyfe and 1 bad rookie selection to move on. Only 2k in the kitty
My Mids are Swan, Boyd, Jelwood, GABLETT, Magner, MacDonald(Shiel, Smith).
I think there will be a few frontrunners trading him out. Did not want to trade this week but this has got me stumped.
If i did trade it should be a rd 13 prem keeper mid Murphy or Mitchell I bring in then get Gaj later on, or cheaper premo to break the 115 ideally which i would like to save some cash is hard Ebert sticks out as only option has 5 of next seven at home and pocket 200k
If I dont Id have to play Shiel, Mac,Magner and potentially lose 80+ points pending fruitful captain selection.
The amount of injuries we are seeing and  possibly players getting the weekend off when they play GWS the equivalent of last years bye, and of course the bye rounds is the big worry.
More I think about Ebert is certainly looking good.BUT..........

henry

I won't be trading him, simply because I wil have already used 5 trades after I do Caddy --> Macdonald this week. However I can see tbe value of trading him and if you are high enough up in the rankings and/or have important league matches coming up by all means go for it.

Justin Bieber

What if Gary is out for one week? What to do then?

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on April 23, 2012, 11:05:28 PM
curl up in a ball and hybernate till next year

The Silent Partner

Quote from: whatlez on April 23, 2012, 11:05:28 PM
Well thats a good point but if its 2- 3 I doubt they will risk him considering how much workload he carries. And if you make the trade you cop it nearly milking time so wont be that hard to get him back in. Alas a trade has been used and you lose 30 points a match Plus a Captaincy could be 50 60.

elephants

I'll be trading now I reckon... What about when Gazz returns though? Do we bring him straight in or do we trade him in around bye time??

grimreaper

Getting rid of a golden player, and wasting a golden trade...? Are you mad. This year should be easy.

matt1985

Quote from: elephants on April 23, 2012, 11:19:16 PM
I'll be trading now I reckon... What about when Gazz returns though? Do we bring him straight in or do we trade him in around bye time??

I think i'll give him a game to see how he performs before bringing him back in... Bloody tough choice, and I feel if I make the wrong selection now I could ruin my year. I'm off to bed, all this thinking is giving me a head ache haha. Thanks for your thoughts guys! Still leaning on the straight swap to Stanton tho and the moment... May have to reverse trades tomorrow tho :P

truBLUE

just traded carrots ,not wasting a trade on gablett he will sit on the bench for a few  ;)