Keeping
61 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Justin Bieber

We are going to get flogged. Probably 3 out of best 5-7 are out this week. :'(

Inncluding the great one.

Fletch74

Quote from: Andrew on April 23, 2012, 01:52:02 PM
If you're going for overall rank, it's money wasted on the bench and risking a rookie spudding it, while mid premiums are pulling 175s. I'll pick Ablett back up when he's back to full fitness (even if he's back in 1 week he might be below his best for a couple). Ablett -> Swan looks like my trade for this week.
Since when are Mid Premium's pulling 175's ???

Why trade premium's? Waste of a trade.

Ricochet

If you're going for overall rank, it's money wasted on the bench and risking a rookie spudding it, while mid premiums are pulling 175s. I'll pick Ablett back up when he's back to full fitness (even if he's back in 1 week he might be below his best for a couple). Ablett -> Swan looks like my trade for this week.
so either you play a rookie who gets 70 both weeks and ablett sits on your bench... or you trade ablett to a premium who gets 120 both weeks and then get ablett back in later
is it worth burning two more trades for an extra 100 points?

Andrew

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 23, 2012, 02:08:32 PM
Since when are Mid Premium's pulling 175's ???

Why trade premium's? Waste of a trade.

Stanton on the weekend. But it was just an example that mid premiums are cranking out some huge scores, and the huge scores are vital to getting up the rankings...

Fletch74

I know Stanton did it, but it does not happen much and you did state Premium(s). Still not worth a trade though.

tbagrocks

how is it wasting trades? if your not using trades to better your score and bring in quality up and commers, even re-trading for say an Ablett/Carratzo/Fyfe, then what is the point of 24 trades anyway???

Andrew

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 23, 2012, 02:13:59 PM
I know Stanton did it, but it does not happen much and you did state Premium(s). Still not worth a trade though.

That's getting picky and Stanton is not the first time ever a mid premium has scored 175, but fair play to you. I think it is worth a trade and I think it's just as big a risk to keep an injured player who might not come back at his best. This has precedent as well, the year Ablett had groin problems at the Cats and missed 3 weeks (I think 2010 but I'm sure you could correct me), the guy who won DT did sell Ablett. While Gary might be confident of better, his doctor said 2-3 weeks and to be honest from seeing the footage, you don't extend your leg like that and be jumping around 14 days later. So out he goes for someone scoring big, I'll plan to bring him back when mid cash cows have peaked.

Chopps

Quote from: Nails on April 23, 2012, 01:16:57 PM
Not having Ablett WIN!

This is time for me to get Barlow in and start really catching up on Ablett owners.

Nails I doubt that's a win

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on April 23, 2012, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: me on April 23, 2012, 01:21:30 PM
not ziebell? D:

Well, I was going Ziebell, but I can squeeze in Ebert now.  :P
JZ over ebert easy

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on April 23, 2012, 01:31:02 PM
Quote from: me on April 23, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
fair enough - i'm gonna roll the dice and bring ziebs in this week - really rate him as dter and suits my bye structure as well

I rate him as well. But Ebert has scored well in 4 games.  :)

Geez, you've got me thinking. Port have some easy fixtures over the next 6 weeks as well... Even with the showdown this week, his breakeven and price is so low it doesn't seem like much of a risk. My plan this week may well be:

Ablett -> Ebert

And the week after:

Magner -> Barlow

Will still have around $300k in the bank after that to further upgrade...

LF

I don`t mind benching him for 3 weeks but now i`ll have to upgrade earlier than expected because i can`t run Shiel,Coniglio or Magner on the field for that long MacDonald i don`t mind so much because he is not a rookie.

Holz

The reversable trades are dangerous i just tested out kennedy to trealor and ablett to rocky and like the look of my team and my 200k bank balance. Than in 3 weeks downgrade greene and upgrade magner to ablett.

IM doing the kennedy to trealor trade regardless, so trading out ablett to rockliff is essentially is it worth 1 trade to get in rockliff instead of paul chapman.  So thats 4 trades and im left with Rockliff + Ablett and whatever rocky outscores shiel for 2 weeks.

the alternative is kennedy to trealor than double trade for chappy. so that 3 trades and im left with Chappy + Ablett

Andrew

Interesting to hear someone who thinks Kennedy -> Treloar is a lock-in trade. GWS play Bulldogs this week, surely some big scores from their rookie guns..? Or Treloar a far better prospect?

I've got Hall and Cameron as other forward rookies, I want to give them another week for sure.

Cayenne

Andrew

Quote from: Cayenne on April 23, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
Ablett to Jmac 8)

Easiest trade of the season if you don't have J-Mac.