8 (6.8%)
Keeping
61 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Spite

Quote from: FonFatty on April 26, 2012, 12:56:12 AM
Quote from: Spite on April 26, 2012, 12:53:08 AM
Quote from: FonFatty on April 26, 2012, 12:48:55 AM
I have only used 2 trades thus far and I am considering bringing in J Selwood for GAJ this week. I have been lucky so far with my team, have missed all the carnage with injuries, am ranked 634th and had D Swan as VC, if all my players are playing I will keep GAJ, but if either Smedts, Stephenson, Coniglio or any other rookie is not playing I will be picking up Selwood.
I was intending on picking up Selwood within the next few weeks, now I will use that trade to pick up Ablett again, YES I do end up using another trade, but like I said earlier, having only used 2 trades so far I will be pulling the trigger.
With Swans' 171 as VC and picking up another Prem, I can see myself making top 100 at the end of this week.

My team right now with 22 trades left;

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Bugg, Clarke, Bower (Morris, Ellis)

Ablett, Boyd, Swan, Mitchell, Magner, McDonald (Shiel, Coniglio)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Robinson, Sidebottom, Franklin, Lewis, Martin, D Smith, Treloar (Kennedy, Hall)

So yeah trading GAJ will help me climb the rankings, especially to Joelwood, he has some easy opposition in the coming weeks.
Going over my side I think I have nailed all the right rookies, so they will bring me quick $$$ and I believe I can take the punt with GAJ especially with 22 trades remaining.
Would you guys pull the trigger in my case?

Yes I would. It is a brilliant side mate, good luck! :)
For overall you have to take these sort of risks, keeping $592k on the bench for a couple of weeks won't win you overall.

Don't have to tell me, I traded ablett to swan! ;)

FonFatty

Quote from: Spite on April 26, 2012, 12:57:00 AM
Quote from: FonFatty on April 26, 2012, 12:56:12 AM
I have only used 2 trades thus far and I am considering bringing in J Selwood for GAJ this week. I have been lucky so far with my team, have missed all the carnage with injuries, am ranked 634th and had D Swan as VC, if all my players are playing I will keep GAJ, but if either Smedts, Stephenson, Coniglio or any other rookie is not playing I will be picking up Selwood.
I was intending on picking up Selwood within the next few weeks, now I will use that trade to pick up Ablett again, YES I do end up using another trade, but like I said earlier, having only used 2 trades so far I will be pulling the trigger.
With Swans' 171 as VC and picking up another Prem, I can see myself making top 100 at the end of this week.

So yeah trading GAJ will help me climb the rankings, especially to Joelwood, he has some easy opposition in the coming weeks.
Going over my side I think I have nailed all the right rookies, so they will bring me quick $$$ and I believe I can take the punt with GAJ especially with 22 trades remaining.

For overall you have to take these sort of risks, keeping $592k on the bench for a couple of weeks won't win you overall.

Don't have to tell me, I traded ablett to swan! ;)
And I see you had him as captain, good stuff. I was contemplating putting the (C) on him but thought i'll take the safe option and put the (VC) on him. Now if all my bench players are playing this week I might not be able to do what I wanted to do with Joelwood. Hoping Smedts doesn't play. In the line up I posted, I put Morris in defence, it is actually Smedts that is my 2nd emergency in the back line. Morris is in my SC team.

Hippo

My trade plan atm the moment for Ablett and to stay in contention for the car is this:
also have 22 trades left

Ablett too Murphy
Dickson too Trelour
20 trades left!

2 weeks time/2 more rounds

D Smith/Kennedy too Couch
Magner too Ablett
18 trades left

leaving me with a midfield looking like this:

Ablett, Murphy, Pendles, Boyd, J Selwood, Masten (Old Mac, Shiels)

then its just another double trade to go Masten too Swan at some stage

Any thoughts on this as the way fwd???

Justin Bieber

Not sure on getting Couch Hippo. If he hasn't played two games, I wouldn't take the Gamble on him...

tbagrocks

I traded Ablett- for J. Ziebell, hoping to get him before his price rise.
Then when Swan came down next week (oops) get him in, but it looks like I messed up there!!!

Ricochet

Dr DT says keep him... does that mean we do the opposite??

Dave085

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

lol, yes!  ::)

Lucastorm

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

Dr DT is a nub. He talks about saving your ever-precious trades, and in the same article talks about dumping a cash cow to pick up Treloar!

hahaha

joreo12

thinking of trading ablett to ziebell then when ablett comes back either magnar, greene or cogs to ablett, thoughts?

elephants

The way Dr. DT talks about trading it seems as though he plans to have 20 trades 'saved' by round 18??

mikeg12

geez im on the fence with this one.. im keen to trade him off to get murphy in, but i cant see it possible to trade him back in, in a few weeks.  money wise i dont think its possible?

gaz- $592500
muprhy- $556200

that leaves $36700+ $17400 (which is what i have in the back). = $54100

so in 3 weeks i flog off say greene/shiel/mac - im averaging them to go at least up to $300000
300000+54100 - 100000 (new rookie) = 254100.
254100+300000 = 554100...  leaves me approx 40k short

ill need to hope gaz drops down in cash if i am wanting to get him back

does anyone know the expectant total price increase for those 3 GWS mids?

is anyone else in the same boat with a better solution?

RoughRed

+1

roti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kkoDdBytyc&feature=relmfu

2:04 onwards.........makes me nervous, someone stop me from panic trading

nathan11

Gaj has tweeted that he should be back running monday so I like my chances of him playing next week

Lucastorm

They had footage of GAJ doing the moonwalk at training the other day - that's pretty knee intensive stuff right there! He'll be back sooner rather than later!