Previous topic - Next topic

Super Stupid Trades?

Yes
Definitely
Wait and See But Highly Likely
Yeah Sorta
No

Nails

I went Redden > Ward and Dusty > Whitecross. Yes, I broke a golden rule or three but have to catch the opposition somehow.

Am I incredibly stupid making these trades?

Ward 32 about to go half time ::) 3FA hurts...

EDIT: 76 3qtr time :)

EDIT EDIT: :( I knew trading out prems is against a golden rule, Martin is burning me bad, wish I didn't make that trade, sorta knew it was stupid. After a 64 against Melbourne it was hard to see him scoring this well against Geelong  :'(

Nails

Well this thread didn't make me feel better at all :(

Memphistopheles

Don't think they were good trades to be honest. whiteX is still unproven and Ward is not a top 10 mid.

Nails

115 over first 3 rounds is pretty snazzy and being cheaper was nice, gives me the ability to have money left over for a SECOND upgrade.

Redden > Ward = loosened up like 90K. I'll probably go McCarthy > Barlow this week

Then I'll have a midfield of: Rockliff, Ward, Pendles, Mitchell and Barlow w/ JMac/Shiel/Magner

Lacks a punch though w/ no Ablett (my planned purchase)/Swan/Boyd.

Nails

Hit the post  :'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'(

Nails

44 point 3rd term. Fire up Ward! Make the 4th a 50 point quarter and I'll be a very happy DT'er

Windigo

Jumping the gun a bit with Redden, playing GC and all.....

I got WhiteX as well. Very dodgy I must admit.  :-[

Nails

Quote from: Windigo on April 21, 2012, 07:48:33 PM
Jumping the gun a bit with Redden, playing GC and all.....

I got WhiteX as well. Very dodgy I must admit.  :-[

Two sub 85 scores and his only ton was a SMALL ton.

Redden > Ward = 90K to use and more point production so far this season.

Windigo

But it was a hard fought ton!  :P

Nails

I was thinking Ward = GWS' Ablett.

Not saying Ward is as good as Ablett or anything, but he seems to be the one they look for.

Windigo

Quote from: Nails on April 21, 2012, 08:03:36 PM

Not saying Ward is as good as Ablett or anything, but he seems to be the one they look for.

Fair point. In hindsight, the best option looking over the past 3 rounds was to have 3 super gun mids and go for a player that is bound to move into a higher echelon of scoring.

Scott Selwood, Ward, Sloane etc.

Nails

Ward tons up, 101 :) not bad for wet weather footy.

The exciting thing about Ward is his future opposition.

Dogs - Tick, Carlton - Meh, Gold Coast - Tick, Brisbane - Tick.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on April 21, 2012, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 21, 2012, 08:03:36 PM

Fair point. In hindsight, the best option looking over the past 3 rounds was to have 3 super gun mids and go for a player that is bound to move into a higher echelon of scoring.

Scott Selwood, Ward, Sloane etc.

Well I went Barlow (109) who scored similarly to Ward.

Only thing with Ward is his ability to handle a tag as like you said he is the main GWS midfielder so teams with taggers should try to stop him. We know GAJ can't be stopped by a tag but I don't quite think Ward is there yet.

Barlow on the other hand doesn't have the best disposal so isn't likely to be tagged as the Dockers have other players who are more of a threat (a fit Mundy, Hill, Fyfe etc). He's like Boyd mark II - gets lots of the ball, is awesome at DT but not as great in real life.

Nails

Ward has played West Coast - top 4/5 team

Sydney - HARD to score points against

NM - look the goods this year and SMASHED GWS

and now Adelaide...

Low score of 103 is looking the goods. I guess my DT legacy is jumping on break out players earlier than others. I was on Rock and Redden pretty early last year, being ranked 35K (came 1,696th last year) I need to do something crazy to burst through the rankings. Therefore this is my best idea.

Windigo

Good on you mate.

I think it's time for a few different trades to the norm. But if Redden slays more than Ward... :o