Main Menu

Worst Umpiring Everrrrr

Started by BoredSaint, April 20, 2012, 11:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredSaint

Did anyone watch the game tonight..

I know im gonna sound like a sucky saints supporter but that umpiring was absolutely atrocious.

Im sitting on the 3rd level and I could do better calls than those umpires standing a metre away..

im not sure what the free kick count was in the end. but that doesnt matter. the amount of times we didnt get rewarded a free kick or gave away soft free kicks at crucial stages just really frustrate not just me but the whole ground..

NOT HAPPY UMPIRES

Jukes

I'm watching it (it's just into the third quarter) and I haven't seen any umpire bias really (and I'm an expert on umpire bias because they always screw me over).

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jukes on April 20, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
I'm watching it (it's just into the third quarter) and I haven't seen any umpire bias really (and I'm an expert on umpire bias because they always screw me over).
Delayed much?

BoredSaint

hmm.. well ill tell you the umpires get booed off the ground at the end.. so its not just my opinion

Ziplock

just the opinion of every soft cow saint :P

Jukes

Quote from: whatlez on April 20, 2012, 11:56:21 PM
Quote from: Jukes on April 20, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
Delayed much?

I'm in Perth they always screw us over.

Quote from: BoredSaint on April 20, 2012, 11:57:11 PM
hmm.. well ill tell you the umpires get booed off the ground at the end.. so its not just my opinion

Pretty sure every time the home team loses the umps get booed off.

Ziplock

us GWS kids aren't sore losers, unlike the rest of you pansies :P

valkorum

Freo Free Kicks = 12
Saints Free Kicks = 12

Just Sayin............

Jukes

Yeah that's not really umpire favouring, compared to round 2 Eagles-Demons when the free kick count was 26 to 1 lol.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on April 21, 2012, 01:01:04 AM
Yeah that's not really umpire favouring, compared to round 2 Eagles-Demons when the free kick count was 26 to 1 lol.

Earning free kicks is unfathamable to this Bombers supporter...

Jukes

I knew as soon as I posted that that ele's fierce bias towards the eagles would kick in and he'd post something like that :D

But srsly eagles get favoured by the umpires get with it.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on April 21, 2012, 03:39:34 AM
I knew as soon as I posted that that ele's fierce bias towards the eagles would kick in and he'd post something like that :D

But srsly eagles get favoured by the umpires get with it.

Hahahaha you know me too well.

I have to admit that the umps do tend to pick out more free kicks towards us than most teams in the AFL. Not our fault though? Maybe the other teams should pay the umps more ;)

Jukes

You are not so bias after all :D

But yeah it's not your fault except for the continous head ducking and the $$$ woosha gives the um[ires.

Ringo

I think we have to agree that in most cases we are looking through tainted glasses at umpiring. I thought last night they were a few howlers but that is par for the course.

My opinion was that even though Carlton thrashed us and deservedly so the umpiring in that game was one of the worst I have seen for a number of years. just to put into perspective.  We vary rarely end up on the right side of the Penalty count in Brisbane.

TheMailman

And I feel the same in Sydney.

Even though I find a lot of umpiring is subpar, the thing that really annoys me in every AFL match is the whole subjective interpretations for some rules. Things such as interchange infringments (yes I said it), deliberate out of bounds, 50 metre penalties almost always seem to be completely random in when they are given. Obviously the umpires opinion is part of it but there are instances where Montagna just kicks the ball from the middle of the ground and it rolls out compared to when someone just plain dribbles it out and the umpires don't seem to be on the same page. My two cents