Birchall not on plane?..

Started by chaosAD, April 20, 2012, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Doesn't make sense to me... They'd only name him if he is 100%

me

why would hawthorn play funny buggers - he's not that good to demand trying to fool the eagles into planning for him playing

thatguy

Quote from: me on April 20, 2012, 06:04:38 PM
why would hawthorn play funny buggers - he's not that good to demand trying to fool the eagles into planning for him playing
Hawks are notorious for playing funny buggers. They named buddy for a game in Tas a few years ago and he didn't even board plane.
Birch didn't get on flight. Not good.

matt1985

Quote from: thatguy on April 20, 2012, 06:15:19 PM
Hawks are notorious for playing funny buggers. They named buddy for a game in Tas a few years ago and he didn't even board plane.

What if they got him there by other means? Train, bus, car? Might not wanted to fly him due to blood clots forming in his leg from the knock?? Ahhh flower it, I should just face the fact that he probably won't play this week and stop trying to find glimmers of hope :P

Lucastorm

Quote from: thatguy on April 20, 2012, 06:15:19 PM

What a bunch of dicks - these name games don't win/lose games... just serve to piss the hordes of DTers off....

Mr.Craig

@DTTALK @FantasyFreako Fox Sport just confirmed Grant Birchall did NOT travel. Damn It.!!! #FMDT Nathan Eglington - 2 minutes ago

TheMailman

There is still nothing about it on the Hawks website or on the AFL website or any website in general.

The Hawks posted an article today about their defence with no mention of Birchall (http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/133624/default.aspx)

I still reckon he's playing. Why wouldn't they have announced it yet if he wasn't going on the plane? It can't of been a last minute thing and it would have to be a genuine injury. I'm not buying it

Grazz

I leave Birch on the ground and have Ellis as sub just to be cover bases. :o

matt1985

Quote from: Grazz on April 20, 2012, 07:31:39 PM
I leave Birch on the ground and have Ellis as sub just to be cover bases. :o

I've done the same thing. Surely he has to play if the hawks haven't ruled him out, or we haven't heard anything official yet?

Mr.Craig

Ryan Daniels‏@FootyRhinoReply

Official, Grant Birchall OUT. Our man @HawthornFC training reports Asst. Coach confirms. Bruce & Boumann the travelling emerg

TheMailman

Well all the Sunday teams have confirmed their interchanges so that puts more doubt behind this no travel thing

upthemaidens

maybe hes driving over, some nice towns along the way

nathan11

Dr Dream Team ‏ @DrDreamTeam  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Grant Birchall has been ruled out of tomorrow night's game for the Hawks. Confirmed by the club. In case you needed any more Friday drama.

Mr.Craig

Hawthorn FC‏@HawthornFCReply

Assistant Coach Luke Beveridge has confirmed defender Grant Birchall didn’t travel with the team to Perth: http://bit.ly/oPTcwl

TheMailman