Dempsey Owners

Started by Ricochet, April 20, 2012, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Hird has suggested Dempsey could be a late withdrawal.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/04/20/hird-waits-on-dempsey-for-blues-clash/

"ESSENDON coach James Hird could leave until the last minute a decision whether defender Courtenay Dempsey plays against Carlton on Saturday.

Dempsey is suffering from hamstring tightness and will be assessed on how he pulls up from Bombers training on Friday and recovery overnight, according to Hird.

Dempsey, 24, is an unlikely starter which will rob the Bombers defence of a vital running negator to take on one of Carlton's livewire goal-sharks Eddie Betts or Jeff Garlett.

Hird confessed a cautious approach will be adopted with the injury-prone Dempsey who missed the entire season after round 4 last year with a serious knee injury.

But the Bombers boss dismissed any forward planning in his selections and player-welfare ahead of successive blockbusters with the Blues on Saturday and then the traditionally huge ANZAC Day showdown with Collingwood just four days later.

"We want to be very careful with Courtenay," Hird said.

"He hasn't got a hamstring strain. He was a bit tight in the hamstring so we took him off on (last) Saturday night, but the guy has had a graft taken from the hamstring so we've got to be careful with it.""

Dazzalenko

I guess he was always going to be a ticking time bomb, Had some extra cash in the bank so I got Carazzo in and traded Demps out, should have done it from the start..

Barra17

Well that blows, if he is a late withdrawel, I have no one on the bench to cover him. I may have to trade him to be safe from copping a donut  >:(

T Dog

This just may affect the margin betting...seriously a risk this game now :'(

Barra17

Actually with Ellis named now I can play him. Yes!