Thompson v GWS

Started by tbagrocks, April 20, 2012, 03:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

last year the bloke had 51 touches against Gold Coast
similar numbers could be on the cards. (personaly hope Patty D beats him ;))
with a BE of 164 its almost acheivable!

Holz

I dont think you can compare that closely with GWS and GC of last year, they appear to have a different game style, thompson should pump out a 100-130 but i wouldnt expect him to get much more, the annoying thing about him is he almost needs to rack up 50 touches to get to 150, if gaz got 50 touches he would go around 180

Plastic Boy

I have Thommo but am going Boyd as Captain, I have no doubt Thommo will bounce back with a good score but he can be too handball happy at times, and it will be down Adelaide's forward line a lot. 

predicting 120

Chelskiman

Thommo will ton up, but I think Van Berlo or Sloane will be the one to unleash the monster score.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on April 20, 2012, 04:23:58 AM
I dont think you can compare that closely with GWS and GC of last year, they appear to have a different game style, thompson should pump out a 100-130 but i wouldnt expect him to get much more, the annoying thing about him is he almost needs to rack up 50 touches to get to 150, if gaz got 50 touches he would go around 180
Tell me if i'm wrong because i don't watch much of Adelaide but doesn't Thommo get most of his possies from stoppages and clearances?? So the different game styles won't really matter? Last year GC had a fairly decent midfield with Ablett, Rischitelli, Swallow and others, compared to GWS with Ward and Shiel, Conigs who are less experienced. Personally i think we'll see similar scores from Thommo as to what we saw him do to GC last year.

owenbond007

I think GWS r reasonable good from the stoppages, Giles and Brogan will give their mids a good chance to clear the ball. Its more their effiency that lets em down. The tons agains them have been:

K.Jack 115
C.Bird 127

L.Adams 125
L.Anthony 121
R.Bastinac 138
A.Edwards 105
B.Harvey 110
H.Mcintosh 106
D.Wells 113

C.Masten 120
S.Selwood 150
L.Shuey 120

Apart from the roos game where GWS were terrible there have not been a lot of tons against em. Id think a 120-130 would be around Thommos score this week.

BarnDogg

If you look at Thompson's past scores he does score better against the crappy teams.

Against GC average is 140.3

He will still get lots of possies against the good teams but most are handballs. Last week: 17 handballs among 24 touches

i would expect 120-140 from Thompson this week. If you have Ablett or Boyd I would probably put the C on them though....

grimreaper

Has anybody considered Swan as Captain this week?