Broughton to Deledio too sideways?

Started by Macca#23, April 20, 2012, 02:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macca#23

Got just enough cash to trade in Lids for Broughton. Is the trade too sideways? Obviously averages say no, but Broughton's 110 from last week is wanting me to keep him.

tor01doc

charliesheen

No.  Probably would have done it last week.

biggooters

bottlemart

I wouldn't do it.  I would get Lids, but as an upgrade, not for Broughton.

Broughton is still premium.  He started slowly last week, but his score went up when fyfe went off the ground.

Swallow12

The Bomber

trust your premiums...i have newman who is worse than broughton atm...havent even thought about trading him out

nathan11

I went broughton to Goddard last week one of the few good moves I have done so far

Fletch74

Quote from: The Bomber on April 20, 2012, 01:25:23 PM
trust your premiums...i have newman who is worse than broughton atm...havent even thought about trading him out
That's the most intelligent comment I've seen on here lately...

NEVER TRADE PREMIUMS!! Unless they have a LTI. I may as well trade Goodes otherwise ::)

BratPack

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 20, 2012, 01:47:00 PM

NEVER TRADE PREMIUMS!! Unless they have a LTI. I may as well trade Goodes otherwise ::)

You should. Clearly has issues staying on the field  :P

charliesheen

Trades need to be given the right context.  I don't see how you can compare Broughton with Goodes.

Both Goddard & Deledio are potentially must have picks right now.  Especially Deledio considering he is playing out of position and is underpriced.

Fletch74

Quote from: charliesheen on April 20, 2012, 01:49:33 PM

Trades need to be given the right context.  I don't see how you can compare Broughton with Goodes.

Both Goddard & Deledio are potentially must have picks right now.  Especially Deledio considering he is playing out of position and is underpriced.
My point CS is that Broughton is considered a premium.

The idea is to use your trades wisely, sell high, buy low, so unless a Premium has a LTI, or are playing in a completely different role that is hindering their scoring, they really shouldn't be traded... They are that price for a reason. Sure people have different situations, but trades are valuable and should only be used when absolutely necessary on premiums.

People will begin to get low on their trades come Rd 10 etc when they have to really start thinking about the byes, and there will be posts galore re "What do I do, I'm running out trades and Joe Blow is injured"

I understand your point re must have picks, but if I trade say "Broughton to Carrazzo" who's to say that Carrazzo won't play bad in the next week, and Broughton blitz it. They're premiums for a reason, you pick them, you have to stand by them unless for the reason I stated above.

charliesheen

I can counter argue that a lot of people are left with way too many trades because they are not proactive enough, especially if trades means improving team development.

I am going to assume "most" people picked Broughton with the expectation he would have a "settled" role under Ross Lyon.  Broughton's flexibility is great for the team but not great for fantasy coaches.  Based on the sample data so far (albeit small), not much looks like changing from 2011.

There is certainly strong rationale in trading him.  It has nothing to do with him having a poor fantasy game (which all premiums have), it has to do with his role being nothing like what you saw in the preseason.

Goddard & Deledio are looking like must have picks, they are the most logical sideways trade if you don't have them.

Now I don't have both Shaw and Goddard in my team (thank god), but I can certainly see why the majority of top DT/SC coaches have done the sideway trades.

BlackMamba

I think this year will be a bit different with the 3 bye rounds. Assuming people don't want to take donuts, that will be 9 trades gone. IMO, if you think Broughton is gonna be a top 7 defender by years end, then you need to keep him. No point in wasting two trades to get him out and in again. As for Goddard and Lids, for those people who don't have them, rather than sideways trade someone you might trade back in, just try to get them ASAP when the cash cows are ready for culling.

charliesheen

If Broughton > Goddard/Deledio counts as part of your 4 corrective trades, I don't see how its going to be an issue.