Dusty, Dirty, Soiled Martin

Started by The Silent Partner, April 20, 2012, 01:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Silent Partner

I know we are only 3 rounds in but I feel like I have been sucked in big time to this grubby little tiger. Started him instead of Sidey who i just traded in for Fyfe. I'm contemplating turfing him for an Ebert or Masten both who do have an element of risk. He has had a rough couple of games but will he break the shackles or will i bleed some more dollars he is really grinding my gears. His Be isnt as high as SC but bleeding dollars is one points as well just frustating. Trades are vital Im ranked 2890 and want to finish as high as possible league there is some cash in league but overall my main aim I figure you score points you win games little of the pace so strategy may change. But this fella ain't cutting the mustard or fulfilling the potential/hype surrounding him at the start of the year. Some teams have Shaw,and a couple of other query players , and thats why they are putting up with him, I only have the Fyfe( Porps Protege)( shoulder wise not skill)
To trade or not to trade that is the question?

Ricochet

Mr.Craig

I think the only sensible trade would be to a keeper, so that rules Masten and Ebert out. I know he'll continue to bleed but it's probably best to wait until you have the cash to get a true premium...and you never know, in the meantime he might turn things around and change your opinion. :-\

The Silent Partner

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 20, 2012, 01:37:03 AM
I think the only sensible trade would be to a keeper, so that rules Masten and Ebert out. I know he'll continue to bleed but it's probably best to wait until you have the cash to get a true premium...and you never know, in the meantime he might turn things around and change your opinion. :-\
Good point. My chain of thought was that Ebert with the thirteen bye can sit there pump out his tons and produce some Fine A2 Milk then after Rd 11 I trade him for Thompson or Rd 12 for Mitchell.

tbagrocks

he's a real gun, as good as team mate Cotchen. trade now and regret it, mabey not today, mabey not tomorrow, but soon...

truBLUE

ill hang on to him ,had  tough games to start but think he will head upwards again , just too early yet  ;)

Cam DM

Keep.

Backing Dusty to get leather poisoning this week. Owned the Cats in pre-season and will re-discover that form down in Geelong...pleeeeeease step up, got too many other spuds to worry about :-[

yorgis

what will you do when ebert and masten get dirty and grubby--- trade them too ???

Scrads

Traded him out after round 2, educated gamble.

bowyanger

FFS

You knew he had the toughest start to the season out of nearly any fantasy player worth having, and its not gonna get any easier until after rd 11.

There were topics all pre season about the tigers and Lions really tough start

If you started with him, you were intending to save a trade later when he starts scoring better by already having him

If you didnt start him, you were going to get him in after either rd 7 or 11

I can only assume all these coaches whinging about him will be running out of trades very quickly as Im sure he wont be the only PREMIUM to face successive tough opposition

Lucky you dont have SJohnson...Im sure it would be the same whinge there

What about Goodes? Has had the easiest start to the season out of any fantasy relevant forward and still is not going great guns?

Dont trade unless you have to....Dustbin isnt injured..... hes had a full, good pre season and isnt suspended.

Your only gonna wish you had him when things settle down around rd 7 and onwards

Nuubs

Chelskiman