Thoughts on this double-trade?

Started by Sundown24, April 19, 2012, 11:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundown24

I'm thinking Fyfe dropping in heaps of price, could get rested at some stage etc. I'll trade him down to Barlow (in terms of score and ability, I think a sideways trade really).

Then use the heaps of extra cash that I already have built up, to upgrade Milera to Tippett.

Team is:
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, T. Bugg, M. Clarke, J. Grimes, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis (H. Shaw, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Magner, N. Fyfe, S. Coniglio, J. Caddy (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, S. Sidebottom, A. Kennedy, J. Porplyzia, D. Martin (T. Milera, D. Smith)

Ringo

Ask yourselves 2 questions and if you answer yes to both then do it but if not reconsider:

Will Barlow maintain his 100+ scores when Mundy is back in full form?
Will Tippett be in the Top 7 forwards at end of year?

Is Tippett all you can afford or can you get higher placed forwards? Tippet can also give you some very low scores.  What happens when the ball is directed to Walker rather than Tippett?

Just putting it out there for you to consider as ultimately it is your decision.

bjrouse

Quote from: Ringo on April 20, 2012, 08:38:25 AM
Ask yourselves 2 questions and if you answer yes to both then do it but if not reconsider:

Will Barlow maintain his 100+ scores when Mundy is back in full form?
Will Tippett be in the Top 7 forwards at end of year?

Is Tippett all you can afford or can you get higher placed forwards? Tippet can also give you some very low scores.  What happens when the ball is directed to Walker rather than Tippett?

Just putting it out there for you to consider as ultimately it is your decision.

Totally agree.

If I was asking myself these questions I would go no and no

Sundown24

With that side, what other options could I consider?

I'm thinking of moving on Heath Shaw, probably for Fisher.

Fyfe then for someone more like M.Murphy or one of the Selwoods

Thoughts? I've got plenty of spare cash!

Ringo

Do you have sufficient to go Fyfe to Murphy or Joel Selwood.  I would only do this trade unless you really want to get rid of Shaw.  He is not a premium for nothing and only out for 2 weeks and you have cover. Trade to Fisher if desired will be OK.

Sundown24

Well I don't have cover this round because of Grimes and Smedts as well as Heater.

SO I can easily go:

Shaw > Fisher/Carazzo
Fyfe > Murphy/Selwood/Mitchell

Ringo

Would go Shaw to carrots and Fyfe to Murphy of those options.