Cox, to trade or not to trade??

Started by B.Smugglers, April 19, 2012, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggerfan

ubeaut

Quote from: Victorius Secret on April 19, 2012, 04:17:28 PM
trade out cox? are you trolling?  ???

my short answer is no.
Someone suggests something other than the norm or not according to the "rules" and they get accused of trolling. Maybe they are just trying to keep an open mind and think outside the square. People still seem to think that Cox will be top 2 rucks because... he's Dean Cox! Nic-Nat,and three talls up FWD couldn't possibly affect his scoring because...he's Dean Cox! Gary Ablett himself would score alot less if he was stuck in the forward line or the bench half the time. People are too quick to rubbish trading out prems when there are good reasons for doing so.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 04:14:44 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on April 19, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 04:05:23 PM
Every week it's "only one week" "only two weeks" "only three weeks" How long will it go on? He was supposed to get 120 plus scores vs Doggies,Dees and GWS. Every time he has failed to deliver. Pendles got a hard tag from a very good tagger. Cox has no such excuse. I picked him partly due to his first 5 games being against shower rucks. 3 out of 5 fail. And it's not even his fault,he's in good form. It's the simple fact of Nic-Nat,Kennedy, Lynch and Darling are restricting his scoring opportunities. Nic-Nat is more than capable of handling the other top rucks when fit(which he is) so I don't see that changing. Cox will have to start kicking bags of 3+ to be worth it. This is highly unlikely as well,given he kicked only 1 in two games against GWS and Dees. How will he kick more vs good teams? I have kept the faith and it's costing me big time. He is a prem ruck... with another prem ruck stealing all his ruck time,and 3 talls stealing FWD marks/goals/points.
so get rid of him then, its not hard
It's too late. Missed out on the 60 k I needed to trade Pav to Murphy.
Then why keep this going?

A wise man once said:
Quote from: charliesheen on April 19, 2012, 04:16:03 PM
Time to move on  8)

B.Smugglers

Well that certainly created some debate, haha, cheers for the opinions, has given me some food for thought thats for sure.

afl_freak2

IF people had a brain........... they would have started with H Mac and Giles or kreuzer/Giles or even kreuzer and HMac!!

Sandi and Cox are getting older and are more su upgrade targets!! with coxs price he was always a upgrade target!! he was never going to hold his price or even close to it.

at the moment kreuzer H mac and giles all out way sandi and cox on current for (points) with $$$$$ in the bank!!

If u started with Cox your shower!! end of story LOL

afl_freak2

cox is doing nothing more than hmac or kreuzer at this point in time yeah??? but how much more did cox cost???

not to say cox won be back to his gun best................. when hes back to his best is when i trade hime in

a_window

Im happy with my Choice of NicNat and Giles :)

mpollock

Set and forget has worked for many years ... this year was the changing of the guard with some really good choices in Giles,Redden, Big O etc as rookies.

I am all for thinking outside the box and I seriously considered trading Mumford for Ryder after rd 1 as i realised only then that a mid priced ruck and rookie was the best option ... unfortunately i couldn't do this as i had problems elsewhere in my team to address (and then as it turned out Mumford pulled out at the last minute and i couldn't even get an emg on in time!!)  :)

In a perfect world you should have traded Cox last week for Ryder ... you can still do it but it kind of loses a lot of its appeal now that price change has occured ... hence why my Mumford to Ryder idea is now no longer a consideration for me.

In terms of mids ... they are GOLD and score you most of your points!!  i would say 5 of your final mids should be the top 5 overall (i have Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, M.Murphy and Stanton ... prob need Swan to round it out).  It is hard to end up with the perfect top 6!!  Don't mess around with Shuey or Bastinac etc

enzedder

Quote from: B.Smugglers on April 19, 2012, 08:39:42 PM
Well that certainly created some debate, haha, cheers for the opinions, has given me some food for thought thats for sure.
Don't trade. He was the clear #1 ruck in 2011. 2012 is 3 rounds old. Cox is ranked 6th presently...not bad for someone underperforming...Ryder +91pts, Sandi +72pts, NicNat +22pts, Kreuzer  +8pts and HMac +4pts...when you divide those differences by 3 you aren't exactly getting that many points per game(in most cases). Anyway it won't be long till Big Coxy starts climbing up that list.
Don't worry about his value drop. Just keep him. The only bad thing about this is it makes it easier for others to afford him. They'll climb on and if you jump off I think you'll be in the worst position.

ubeaut

Quote from: enzedder on April 20, 2012, 08:23:09 AM
Don't trade. He was the clear #1 ruck in 2011. 2012 is 3 rounds old. Cox is ranked 6th presently...not bad for someone underperforming...Ryder +91pts, Sandi +72pts, NicNat +22pts, Kreuzer  +8pts and HMac +4pts...when you divide those differences by 3 you aren't exactly getting that many points per game(in most cases). Anyway it won't be long till Big Coxy starts climbing up that list.
Don't worry about his value drop. Just keep him. The only bad thing about this is it makes it easier for others to afford him. They'll climb on and if you jump off I think you'll be in the worst position.
He's not underperforming,he's in great form,that's not the problem. The problem is Nic-Nat,Kennedy,Lynch and Darling.Nic-Nat played injured last season,now he's fit he's in the ruck even more. How is he possibly supposed to get enough points with these four taking hit-outs,marks, goals and points?There's only so many points to be had as a link-up player. Oh that's right.....he will automatically score well cos he's Dean Cox. Ranked 6th is pretty woefull when you consider how few decent rucks there are. Especially for someone that cost 660 k,and usually dominates against the teams he has played(Doggies+Dees) before and vs GWS.

afl_freak2

Love the boos!! Like i or anyone cares if i have 100 boos! HATERS GONNA HATE lol.

Please every one who reads this give me a boo and waste your time doing so! Just because a person has heaps of boos doesnt mean they are not a DTEAM gun ect ect,i couldnt even bother wasting my time giving people boos.No shortage of 10 year olds on here.

enzedder

Quote from: ubeaut on April 20, 2012, 11:10:43 AM
He's not underperforming,he's in great form,that's not the problem. The problem is Nic-Nat,Kennedy,Lynch and Darling.Nic-Nat played injured last season,now he's fit he's in the ruck even more. How is he possibly supposed to get enough points with these four taking hit-outs,marks, goals and points?There's only so many points to be had as a link-up player. Oh that's right.....he will automatically score well cos he's Dean Cox. Ranked 6th is pretty woefull when you consider how few decent rucks there are. Especially for someone that cost 660 k,and usually dominates against the teams he has played(Doggies+Dees) before and vs GWS.
From my perspective I paid the $ because I thought he was worth it. Fact is he is still averaging 100 after 3 games. No grounds for trading IMO.

charliesheen

+1... This is why I would have traded last week if I had him.  Naitanui is clearly the number one ruck at WCE.  The rationale behind trading Cox last week, is that you get the same scoring output at a much smaller cost.  Personally, I would have done Cox > Naitanui.

It's too early to call whether the trade was a success/failure it, but the signs are encouraging. 

BratPack

Some people are so quick to use their trades.

Some people are so quick to give up on premiums

Some people are really flowering stupid  ::)

Fletch74

Quote from: BratPack on April 20, 2012, 01:47:09 PM
Some people are so quick to use their trades.

Some people are so quick to give up on premiums

Some people are really flowering stupid  ::)
Summed it up perfectly BP, as only you could ;)