Cox, to trade or not to trade??

Started by B.Smugglers, April 19, 2012, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on April 19, 2012, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 02:58:33 PM
Quote from: Tiggerfan on April 19, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
What about.....Trading Cox to Longer (+$454900), sacrificing the rucks a bit as I have Giles, Orren, Redden. All going to make cash in the next few weeks. Using the cash from the Cox trade to upgrade Pfeiffer to Shuey this week and another mid rook to Ziebell next week ? Hopefully then midfield set. Wait for rookie rucks to "appreciate" then pick the best 2 ruckmen based on form. Should be able to sort them out in 6 or 7 weeks surely....I haven't used any trades as yet . Crazy??
Not the worst idea. Has crossed my mind. All those who are a stickler for "rules" in SC will heartily disagree tho. Never trade a prem etc. etc. But 450 k is hard to ignore. Especially when Giles and Redden are only scoring 11 and 33 point less respectively. At the end of the day you could potentially upgrade to two prems on other lines in the very near future while getting another cash cow in Longer. When Redden and Longer/BigO have peaked you bring in Sandilands or someone else who is actually worth their price tag,unlike Cox. If I thought Cox would be top 2 rucks at years end I would say keep. But I think Sandilands,Mumford and Nic-Nat will be ahead.

You don't have to follow the 'rules'. There are no rules for trading in SC, it's just very solid advice....
But I agree with you. Trade your premium ruck to a rookie.
While you're at it, trade out all your premiums to rookies, you'll get more money!
some common sense finally,, and with all that extra cash you can get in some premiums

ubeaut

What about.....Trading Cox to Longer (+$454900), sacrificing the rucks a bit as I have Giles, Orren, Redden. All going to make cash in the next few weeks. Using the cash from the Cox trade to upgrade Pfeiffer to Shuey this week and another mid rook to Ziebell next week ? Hopefully then midfield set. Wait for rookie rucks to "appreciate" then pick the best 2 ruckmen based on form. Should be able to sort them out in 6 or 7 weeks surely....I haven't used any trades as yet . Crazy??
Not the worst idea. Has crossed my mind. All those who are a stickler for "rules" in SC will heartily disagree tho. Never trade a prem etc. etc. But 450 k is hard to ignore. Especially when Giles and Redden are only scoring 11 and 33 point less respectively. At the end of the day you could potentially upgrade to two prems on other lines in the very near future while getting another cash cow in Longer. When Redden and Longer/BigO have peaked you bring in Sandilands or someone else who is actually worth their price tag,unlike Cox. If I thought Cox would be top 2 rucks at years end I would say keep. But I think Sandilands,Mumford and Nic-Nat will be ahead.

You don't have to follow the 'rules'. There are no rules for trading in SC, it's just very solid advice....
While you're at it, trade out all your premiums to rookies, you'll get more money!
Cox is an under performing prem. There are only 2 ruck spots,so how is it solid advice to keep someone who won't be top 2? Especially as you can get 2 prems elsewhere with the cash.

upthemaidens

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 03:18:46 PM

Cox is an under performing prem. There are only 2 ruck spots,so how is it solid advice to keep someone who won't be top 2? Especially as you can get 2 prems elsewhere with the cash.
well he agrees, he said trade premium ruck to a rookie.. thats solid advice.
and advice that solid could almost be made into a"rule"

ubeaut

afl_freak2

cox was set to drop close 100k from the start!! if u couldnt see that your blind

upthemaidens

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 03:28:18 PM
He was being sarcastic
oh  its hard to tell sarcasim from text, there should be a font for it...

charliesheen

Quote from: afl_freak2 on April 19, 2012, 03:30:28 PM
cox was set to drop close 100k from the start!! if u couldnt see that your blind

Yes... Cox was always going to drop, however, the issue was always in choosing the 2nd best ruck... 

Mumford/Sandilands - injury prone
Goldstein - shared ruck time.
McEvoy... Jacobs... - not very dominant rucks.

If you picked Kreuzer/hmac/Ryder/naitanui then big thumbs up to you.  Cox was a safe pick and still is.  Getting the 2nd best ruck right is a lottery.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 03:18:46 PM

Under performing?
It has been 3 rounds!
Pendles scored a 67, does that count as under performing and should we all trade him out? NO!
Cox is a premium, and you have absolutely no way of knowing who will be the top 2 scoring rucks come years end.

Right now, look at Stanton, he's averaging the second most points in the comp, does that mean he'll be top 2 come years end? No.

A lot can happen in a year, and Cox lifts for the big games, where he'll get more ruck time against the proven ruck stars.
He's come up against the Bulldogs, Demons and Giants, who each don't have a proven star ruckman.
Wait til Cox plays North, Sydney, Freo, Saints, even Carlton and Essendon!

Have some faith, he won't let you down come seasons end.

Tiggerfan

My my my, don't the feathers start flying when you suggest something out of the norm....Thanks for the sarcastic replies fugitiv and maidens you're oh so witty. And unlike you Freak I unfortunately don't have a crystal ball. Or perhaps you're just a little bit smarter than me....

upthemaidens

Quote from: Tiggerfan on April 19, 2012, 03:56:36 PM
My my my, don't the feathers start flying when you suggest something out of the norm....Thanks for the sarcastic replies fugitiv and maidens you're oh so witty. And unlike you Freak I unfortunately don't have a crystal ball. Or perhaps you're just a little bit smarter than me....
what me?  i agree get rid of him, cox is old and past it.  only to get cheaper every week you wait, then he will be a str8 swap to Vardy by mid-May

ubeaut

Every week it's "only one week" "only two weeks" "only three weeks" How long will it go on? He was supposed to get 120 plus scores vs Doggies,Dees and GWS. Every time he has failed to deliver. Pendles got a hard tag from a very good tagger. Cox has no such excuse. I picked him partly due to his first 5 games being against shower rucks. 3 out of 5 fail. And it's not even his fault,he's in good form. It's the simple fact of Nic-Nat,Kennedy, Lynch and Darling are restricting his scoring opportunities. Nic-Nat is more than capable of handling the other top rucks when fit(which he is) so I don't see that changing. Cox will have to start kicking bags of 3+ to be worth it. This is highly unlikely as well,given he kicked only 1 in two games against GWS and Dees. How will he kick more vs good teams? I have kept the faith and it's costing me big time. He is a prem ruck... with another prem ruck stealing all his ruck time,and 3 talls stealing FWD marks/goals/points.

upthemaidens

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 04:05:23 PM
Every week it's "only one week" "only two weeks" "only three weeks" How long will it go on? He was supposed to get 120 plus scores vs Doggies,Dees and GWS. Every time he has failed to deliver. Pendles got a hard tag from a very good tagger. Cox has no such excuse. I picked him partly due to his first 5 games being against shower rucks. 3 out of 5 fail. And it's not even his fault,he's in good form. It's the simple fact of Nic-Nat,Kennedy, Lynch and Darling are restricting his scoring opportunities. Nic-Nat is more than capable of handling the other top rucks when fit(which he is) so I don't see that changing. Cox will have to start kicking bags of 3+ to be worth it. This is highly unlikely as well,given he kicked only 1 in two games against GWS and Dees. How will he kick more vs good teams? I have kept the faith and it's costing me big time. He is a prem ruck... with another prem ruck stealing all his ruck time,and 3 talls stealing FWD marks/goals/points.
so get rid of him then, its not hard

ubeaut

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 19, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 04:05:23 PM
so get rid of him then, its not hard
It's too late. Missed out on the 60 k I needed to trade Pav to Murphy.

charliesheen

Victorius Secret

trade out cox? are you trolling?  ???

my short answer is no.