Cox, to trade or not to trade??

Started by B.Smugglers, April 19, 2012, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.Smugglers

Right, Cox is giving me the showers with his current scoring. Given that the ruck duties are going to be divided between him and Naitanui, not sure if his previous scoring ability remains. Thinking of trading to Ryder, thoughts?

23rookie23

Your a week late mate so you should keep him now.

charliesheen

I agree with the above.  Probably a week late, and value in trade is not there anymore.

afl_freak2

yep to late now mate!! should have never started with him

tor01doc

charliesheen

Quote from: afl_freak2 on April 19, 2012, 02:09:43 PM
yep to late now mate!! should have never started with him

Thats a bit harsh.  Think he was still a good starting pick.  Hard to predict Naitanui being so dominant in the ruck this year.

Tiggerfan

What about.....Trading Cox to Longer (+$454900), sacrificing the rucks a bit as I have Giles, Orren, Redden. All going to make cash in the next few weeks. Using the cash from the Cox trade to upgrade Pfeiffer to Shuey this week and another mid rook to Ziebell next week ? Hopefully then midfield set. Wait for rookie rucks to "appreciate" then pick the best 2 ruckmen based on form. Should be able to sort them out in 6 or 7 weeks surely....I haven't used any trades as yet . Crazy??

ubeaut

I think the only player to trade Cox to is Sandilands. And I'm a Bombers supporter. I stupidly gave Cox another week to prove himself against GWS - should have traded him. Now I miss out on the 60 k from that trade and I feel I'm stuck with him. We never should have started him B.Smugglers. Nic-Nat was always going to get more rucking time this year. He played injured all last season and now he's fighting fit and the ruck of the future for WC. It was well documented. I just feel stupid for listening to those who said Nic-Nat,Kennedy,Lynch and Darling wouldn't affect his scoring. It has. By 20 + points per game. Ryder is an amazing talent but he needs to prove consistency.

upthemaidens

cox was always going to be great upgrade target, but you're stuck with him now.. ofcourse if u have your heart set on getting rid of him , you could always go cox--> longer.. a different approach

fever

Quote from: Tiggerfan on April 19, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
What about.....Trading Cox to Longer (+$454900), sacrificing the rucks a bit as I have Giles, Orren, Redden. All going to make cash in the next few weeks. Using the cash from the Cox trade to upgrade Pfeiffer to Shuey this week and another mid rook to Ziebell next week ? Hopefully then midfield set. Wait for rookie rucks to "appreciate" then pick the best 2 ruckmen based on form. Should be able to sort them out in 6 or 7 weeks surely....I haven't used any trades as yet . Crazy??

this would be bad. a midfiled containing shuey and ziebell is not "set". theyre good young players, but having both is leaving too many points out of the mids imo.

ubeaut

Not the worst idea. Has crossed my mind. All those who are a stickler for "rules" in SC will heartily disagree tho. Never trade a prem etc. etc. But 450 k is hard to ignore. Especially when Giles and Redden are only scoring 11 and 33 point less respectively. At the end of the day you could potentially upgrade to two prems on other lines in the very near future while getting another cash cow in Longer. When Redden and Longer/BigO have peaked you bring in Sandilands or someone else who is actually worth their price tag,unlike Cox. If I thought Cox would be top 2 rucks at years end I would say keep. But I think Sandilands,Mumford and Nic-Nat will be ahead.

ubeaut

Quote from: fever on April 19, 2012, 02:55:02 PM

this would be bad. a midfiled containing shuey and ziebell is not "set". theyre good young players, but having both is leaving too many points out of the mids imo.
Agree here,however. Would look at other proven prems rather than Ziebell/Shuey. However,both could have break-out years. A big COULD

Tiggerfan

Yeah that's what I was thinking Ubeaut. Bit risky but could pay off.
And yes you have a good point Fever, both of those 2 in the mids could lose a lot of points. I was thinking as I've a pretty strong midfield(Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood , Murphy) I could take the risk. Maybe one of those 2 then wait until a mid rook is on the bubble then get another gun...

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: ubeaut on April 19, 2012, 02:58:33 PM
Not the worst idea. Has crossed my mind. All those who are a stickler for "rules" in SC will heartily disagree tho. Never trade a prem etc. etc. But 450 k is hard to ignore. Especially when Giles and Redden are only scoring 11 and 33 point less respectively. At the end of the day you could potentially upgrade to two prems on other lines in the very near future while getting another cash cow in Longer. When Redden and Longer/BigO have peaked you bring in Sandilands or someone else who is actually worth their price tag,unlike Cox. If I thought Cox would be top 2 rucks at years end I would say keep. But I think Sandilands,Mumford and Nic-Nat will be ahead.

You don't have to follow the 'rules'. There are no rules for trading in SC, it's just very solid advice....
But I agree with you. Trade your premium ruck to a rookie.
While you're at it, trade out all your premiums to rookies, you'll get more money!

tor01doc

The '3 star' coaches say no. They know.