Strategy Correction Trades

Started by Vicious Sandwhich Attack, April 18, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Okay all, So I was going to go 4 Rookie Ruck all pre-season and got cold feet with only the three of them playing first up and went into the year with my back-up 1 Prem 3 Rook ruck setup (Cox as the Prem).

With events unfolding it feels like it would now be safe for 6 weeks at least until Leuenberger is back. In that time, Giles, and Redden will have peaked, Stephenson will hopefully hit his straps and come Leuenbergers return Longer should be ready to milk.

My biggest issue is my back line, although Broughton has come good (Lets hope for some time to come), and I really like the look of Carrazzo, and the way Carlton are travelling, I wanted him all preseason but was put off by his tendency to tag/run with.... Well he tagged the crzp out of my Cptn last week and returned serve in spades.

I also loose any more price drops with Cox and can maybe pick him back up ina  few round when he's cheaper. ** I am not offloading Cox because I have lost faith, it's purely strategic e.g. I stuck with Greg for the long haul.

I don't see any Rooks I need/want/have to have this week, but the Rooks next week are looking good if they all play this weekend and get named next round.

Whats everyones thoughts on all of this????

Yes. it's sideways, down, and all over the place trades, but my gut is telling me this may be a good move.

jumbo

so...

what your saying is, Cox to Longer and use cash to get Carrazzo in your back line?
fair strategy and I think you can cash in on longer/redden/stephenson later on and pick your choice of rucks.

then after this round you gotta look at the likes of your Jmacs, Koby Stevens, Ziebell, Treloars to jump on some cows...

then think about all the guns who'll have dropped in price in the fwd line and affordability of pendles, swan etc...

charliesheen

Activating 4RR is ballsy.

BTW, I probably would have traded Cox last week for Naitanui if I had him.

Torress

it is ballsy going for 4 rookie Ruck! I did one trade last week and it was Cox down to Ryder. pocketed enough to give me 220k in the kitty. this is a luxury trade tho mate. if there are other areas of concern fix that first. but if your running a mostly guns and rooks approach you'll need some cash..

good luck mate

charliesheen

Quote from: Torress on April 18, 2012, 02:51:56 PM
it is ballsy going for 4 rookie Ruck! I did one trade last week and it was Cox down to Ryder. pocketed enough to give me 220k in the kitty. this is a luxury trade tho mate. if there are other areas of concern fix that first. but if your running a mostly guns and rooks approach you'll need some cash..

good luck mate

looking good so far!

jumbo

4 RR..... could be a winning move it it pays off... Give it a crack!! what have you got to lose? Position 2346??

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: jumbo on April 18, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
so...

what your saying is, Cox to Longer and use cash to get Carrazzo in your back line?
fair strategy and I think you can cash in on longer/redden/stephenson later on and pick your choice of rucks.

then after this round you gotta look at the likes of your Jmacs, Koby Stevens, Ziebell, Treloars to jump on some cows...

then think about all the guns who'll have dropped in price in the fwd line and affordability of pendles, swan etc...

Dead right in the trades to be made this week. All ready have JMac, Koby in my eyesight before round 5, and still weighing up Treloar/Ziebell

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Cheers for the thoughts guys. I have decided to keep the faith in Prems this year and because of this I didn't want to do trade downs last week e.g. Cox>NicNat; Cox>Ryder, I kept it to fixing rookies last round, and this week it would be Boumann out to Carrazzo to tie up that loose end.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, knowing that Leuenberger going down would have given me the confidence to start 4RR from the beginning!

@Jumbo I wish it was that good... Carrazzo' job on Pendles has meant the difference between current 56,000k, and 28,000k if the 'C' had have been on Ablett. Lesson learnt!!!!!!!

I have other issues to a degree, but am happy to keep the faith.. Goodes, Fyfe, and Martin being my issues. The rest of the team i am comfortable with their results to date.

Maybe go to 4RR and strengthen Fwd line first, instead of Carrazzo??

no eye deer

I've just gone Cox to Ryder ( week late I know) need the cash as I only had $5k in the bank and the rookies I need to get rid of are all worth only $106k, so not enough for your $113k  roks like Treleor etc. Will teach me to spend all my cash early! Haha! Am I crazy? You have to take a risk now and then to keep with the pack. Just watch Coxy rack up 150 this week.  :o