Mark Neeld needs to see the Old El Paso Ad

Started by elk101, April 18, 2012, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk101

That famous line from the Old El Paso ad where the young girl ends the arguing about square and round tacos by saying
"¿por qué no tienen?" Which simply says "Why don't we have both?"

Why does Neeldy need to see it? I read this article this morning http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/newsId/133308/Default.aspx

Not even for fantasy purposes but to Dee fans, My question is Why WOULDN'T you want to have another ball magnet/winner in Tom Couch in your side? I don't find it "hard" to see both Magner and Couch in the side at all(in reference to this article) In fact Couch was in your side the last time you guys actually won a match back in the NAB over Collingwood(yeah I know it's the NAB) but he didn't touch it once or twice he was prominent throughout..

Does he throw out the balance of your side? Is he not as good as his stats suggest A.K.A Another Bradd Dalziell?

esquire

I like the point. Agree about Couch and Magner for sure. I like the humour even more. Great little intro. *Cheer*

simma1978

Yeah, really bad idea having 2 guys in the one team that win the hard ball and clearances!!! As A Melbourne supporter I'm confused as much as anyone is. There is certainly room for both Magner and Couch in the team. There isn't any room for heartless twats like Cale Morton and Aaron Davey!!!!!

alex87

Nice post

Considering how far up the creek Melbourne currently are with their current "best 22" why not throw him in and see what happens.

Could it possibly get any worse for Melbourne?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: alex87 on April 18, 2012, 03:00:41 PM
Nice post

Considering how far up the creek Melbourne currently are with their current "best 22" why not throw him in and see what happens.

Could it possibly get any worse for Melbourne?

spot on mate

BlackMamba

I read somewhere that Couch got heaps of ball in VFL matches but butchered a bit though. However, looking at the state of the Dees his inclusion can't hurt them.

remon tea

Quote from: simma1978 on April 18, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
Yeah, really bad idea having 2 guys in the one team that win the hard ball and clearances!!! As A Melbourne supporter I'm confused as much as anyone is. There is certainly room for both Magner and Couch in the team. There isn't any room for heartless twats like Cale Morton and Aaron Davey!!!!!

Agree with the Cale Morton thought. He's as soft as butter, and some grunt around the ball might be exactly what the Dees are after.

elk101

Quote from: BlackMamba on April 18, 2012, 03:25:33 PM
I read somewhere that Couch got heaps of ball in VFL matches but butchered a bit though. However, looking at the state of the Dees his inclusion can't hurt them.

Tom Couch collected 27 possessions for Casey in 71 point loss to Bendigo this week..

Last week via Fantasy Freako Twitter 11 April "Tom Couch has averaged 109 #afldreamteam and 133 #supercoach points in the VFL (avg. of 27 disposals and 6 tackles per game)."

So I don't think he's butchering it that much the above seems to suggest he uses it well,but against Bendigo? not sure... Hope he's given a chance real soon...

bonebones

Quote from: elk101 on April 18, 2012, 12:46:08 PM
That famous line from the Old El Paso ad where the young girl ends the arguing about square and round tacos by saying
"¿por qué no tienen?" Which simply says "Why don't we have both?"

lol. It actually translates as 'why don't (we/they) have them?' Which in light of your post is even more appropriate!
;)

fever

not to nitpick, but i'm pretty sure the girl says "porque no los dos?"

ben_020285

Couch could come in for a heap of players who have been worse than pathetic for Melbourne this season.

At least the kid would have a dip.

It's common knowledge that he isn't the greatest user of the ball but you'd be hard pressed to find 5 Melbourne players who use the ball well in the current side!

I was at the game on the weekend and it was atrocious.

The season's over for the Dees so why not blood the kids Neeldy??