Scores up across the board.....well half the board at least

Started by The F.A.R.K., April 18, 2012, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

The FARKS's theory on dreaamteam this year....

Has anyone else noticed how much difference their is in teams like gws,gc,bulldogs,melbourne compred to hawthorn, geelong, sydney and carlton.

The draft changes to help gws and gc has killed some teams lists who were struggling and the AFL is now facing the consequences

Team like Melbourne, Tigers ect who were bottom of the ladder teams while gc and gws were coming in missed out on vital draft picks. Also the drafts in these years were quite thin that has been made clear by recruiters. So a team like the dees who would have got a few first round picks were instead getting a single first round pick maybe a econd and a few in the third. When the really good talent runs out at around 10, these teams are only going to get one Judd,Buddy,Selwood of the future instead of 3. And then what about if this pick turns out to be a dud???

So for me there are 3 tiers to the premiership ladder. From 1-6 are youre top tier teams, they have a good chance of playing for the flag this year. As we have seen this is no longer just collingwood or geelong it has expanded. Next you have from 7 to 13 are youre middle teir teams. These guys could make finals but honestly dont have a real chance of a flag. And then finally there is 14-18. These guys are playing for development and are most likely to cop a flogging each week.

so this is what the ladder looks like in my terms...dont worry too much about positions just a rough guide

1. Geelong
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6. Sydney

7.Adelaide
8.Essendon
9. Fremantle
10. Bulldogs
11. Saints
12. Tigers
13. Kangas

14. Port
15. Lions
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

So in simple what i have noticed is that when a green team plays a red team, probably 50% of the team should get 90 points or more doesnt really matter who they are. This means guys like Scott Selwood, Gaff, Waters ect have been averaging very very well.

If a green team plays an orange team then maybe 30% of the team does very very well (depending i.e sudney v crows will obiously be different to hawthorn v roos). There havent been much examples of this so far

If a orange team plays a red team then again probably 30% of the team will score very very well. I.e crows v gold coast everyone did pretty well ect.

of course this isnt the case every time, with upsets like kangas geelong but the theory should be pretty simple. There are 6 premiership sides, these guys should do well most weeks, there are 7 sides playing for finals, these teams scoring will depend on their fixture. There are 5 sides with no chance of finals and these teams should struggle most weeks with only one or two players tonning up

in prevous years there has always been these three teirs pof teams but normally we have seen 4 teams gf then 8 teams finals and 4 team wooden spoon the gap in these teirs have just widened this year due to the drafts in previous years

good signs ahead for supporters of the lower teir teams tho because next years draft is set to be the biggest ever

tigers123

yeah i see what you mean, to be honest i reckon the only team that has REALLY suffered due to the introduction of GCS and GWS is melbourne; they lost a number 1 draft pick and didn't recieve any compensation for this year. Port and Brisbane recieved solid first round draft picks. Richmond and Norths both finished higher up the ladder so they didn't really miss too much i don't think, their pick numbers only slid down by about 5 or so...

But hey, look at the Dane Swans and the James Hirds of the competition who got taken very low in the draft! Who knows who picked up one of those gems at the moment!

But I definitely agree with your theory on when low tier teams play higher tier teams, the Weagles are a prime example of that so far this year :)

But you haven't catered for one thing: when Gablett plays a bottom, middle or top tier team! Domination is assured haha  ;)

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tigers123 on April 18, 2012, 01:06:11 PM
yeah i see what you mean, to be honest i reckon the only team that has REALLY suffered due to the introduction of GCS and GWS is melbourne; they lost a number 1 draft pick and didn't recieve any compensation for this year. Port and Brisbane recieved solid first round draft picks. Richmond and Norths both finished higher up the ladder so they didn't really miss too much i don't think, their pick numbers only slid down by about 5 or so...

But hey, look at the Dane Swans and the James Hirds of the competition who got taken very low in the draft! Who knows who picked up one of those gems at the moment!

But I definitely agree with your theory on when low tier teams play higher tier teams, the Weagles are a prime example of that so far this year :)

But you haven't catered for one thing: when Gablett plays a bottom, middle or top tier team! Domination is assured haha  ;)

yeah yeah pretty much

my point i was trying to make was that there is such a large gap between all the teams this year. And tbh i dont reckon there will be many swans or hirds coming outta the draft in the last two years, the draft was very thin. Next year will be the year, I have even heard that guys that would have gone top ten this year might be lucky to go top 50 next year

DT Gun

lets be honest though all the bottom 8 teams were shafted.

They get the dregs!

Melbourne are stuffed and there is nothing anyone can do for about 3 years!

The F.A.R.K.

yeah the dees are farked, unless watts pulls his finger out and magner pulls a barlow, and they find another few gems like howe then cant see them making top 8 for a decade

btw dt-gun your dp says dream of beating me, well is that in refference to beating of to your dp or beating your dp like milney, or beating your dp ina friendly game

tigers123

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on April 18, 2012, 01:08:21 PM

yeah yeah pretty much

my point i was trying to make was that there is such a large gap between all the teams this year. And tbh i dont reckon there will be many swans or hirds coming outta the draft in the last two years, the draft was very thin. Next year will be the year, I have even heard that guys that would have gone top ten this year might be lucky to go top 50 next year

yeah completely agree with you though... and yeah i don't reckon many low draft picks have even played over the last few years haha so you're probably right! :)

but yeah I agree I reckon the gap will continue to exist for another year or two until some of those teams begin to drop off (e.g. collingwood, geelong) and some younger teams pick up (e.g. richmond, adelaide, freo, maybe even gold coast!)

but I think that the gap will just continue to increase for teams like Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and the Lions can get some top notch draft picks to broaden the youthful talent in their teams

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tigers123 on April 18, 2012, 01:15:20 PM

yeah yeah pretty much

yeah completely agree with you though... and yeah i don't reckon many low draft picks have even played over the last few years haha so you're probably right! :)

but yeah I agree I reckon the gap will continue to exist for another year or two until some of those teams begin to drop off (e.g. collingwood, geelong) and some younger teams pick up (e.g. richmond, adelaide, freo, maybe even gold coast!)

but I think that the gap will just continue to increase for teams like Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and the Lions can get some top notch draft picks to broaden the youthful talent in their teams

Port really need to hold onto butcher, if he continues to develop in 5 years time he will be just as good as buddy. The kid can play he just needs to bulk up and get some more contested footy. Then mids like hartlett and jacobs are on fire and wingard will be a star. Just putting it out there now he should own  browlow by 2020

paully3112

I think this is pretty spot on with the team tiers, however as a WC Eagles supporter may i remind you that 2 seasons ago we were a bottom tier team and in last place and we missed out on draft pick places becos of gold coast.

but we did get some darn good players from those picks i might add

hardnut

Quote from: paully3112 on April 18, 2012, 01:29:21 PM
I think this is pretty spot on with the team tiers, however as a WC Eagles supporter may i remind you that 2 seasons ago we were a bottom tier team and in last place and we missed out on draft pick places becos of gold coast.

Gaff, Darling and Lycett in a heavily compromised draft. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM (of the future). Was the WCE super draft and will hold us in stead for years.

The future state will see talent from GCS and GWS traded into these lower placed teams for picks as the new sides wont be able to retain them all. Hopefully for the stragglers this will see some more developed players coming in and a slightly faster rise.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: hardnut on April 18, 2012, 01:36:49 PM
Quote from: paully3112 on April 18, 2012, 01:29:21 PM

Gaff, Darling and Lycett in a heavily compromised draft. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM (of the future). Was the WCE super draft and will hold us in stead for years.

The future state will see talent from GCS and GWS traded into these lower placed teams for picks as the new sides wont be able to retain them all. Hopefully for the stragglers this will see some more developed players coming in and a slightly faster rise.

Lycett could have been a top 10 pick. he was destined for great things then sort of fell away a bit in draft year

i reckon he still has potential but probably more a a fwd rather than a ruck, he would struggle to run out 3 quarters atm but if he and kennedy were in fwd with lynch and lecras eagles could be flowering kings

TheHanger

yeah yeah pretty much

i thought everyone was saying the last draft was huge

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Jukes

Eagles 5th hahaha even with the umps on their side they couldn't beat gws by 100.