Broughton Round 4 Role?

Started by tigers123, April 18, 2012, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

So Praetorian you must really hate Milne. Especially seeing as he got away with it.

To the question @ hand broughton will be in the top end of Defending DTers @ years end. If you picked him and your not happy burn a trade at your own peril. The Bye rounds without careful planning will exhaust a fair few trades in the lead up and throughout them. If you think your blessed and the players you selected can escape a injury throughout the season then sideways all you want.

Its been said a thousand times but ill say it again, 'You picked him to be a keeper from the start, so stick with him'.

hardnut

Broughts could play on Milera or Milne, would epxect Crowley/Deboer to play on NDS. Unlikely to run through the middle I'd have thought. Sadly he is a very effective "stopper" so whilst he has the tank to play a true mid role when required both Harvey and seemingly Lyon prefer him in the back half.

Incidentally it will be interesting to see how far away Morabito is, he also plays a reasonably outside running game but I guess the jury will be out as to whether he can really have a great impact or not.

tigers123

Quote from: Turkies on April 18, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
Why does everyone say Broughts took fyfe's mid spot when he went off the ground? Mundy came on for Fyfe, and clearly took his midfield spot...

yeah mate that's what I reckon... I think it seems like people who jumped of broughts last week are now putting his good performance down to fyfe's injury to heal their wounds...

but I do agree that this week there is a good chance that he will play on milne as a shutdown role...

and btw Im not thinking of trading him at all, just thought I would generate some discussion about it

Tex-Factor

ive got a friend who got addicted to fantasy football and lost his job and his family and will probably never recover so i would appreciate if noone mention anything about fantasy football on this forum.

owenbond007

Quote from: Tex-Factor on April 18, 2012, 01:33:46 PM
ive got a friend who got addicted to fantasy football and lost his job and his family and will probably never recover so i would appreciate if noone mention anything about fantasy football on this forum.
LOL! Classic!

tigers123

hahaha everyone just needs to calm the flower down  :-[

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tigers123 on April 18, 2012, 01:36:11 PM

hahaha everyone just needs to calm the flower down  :-[

that poor guy, is he alright???? does he get help? Is he good at dt? I feel for him

Holz

Quote from: tigers123 on April 18, 2012, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: Turkies on April 18, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
Why does everyone say Broughts took fyfe's mid spot when he went off the ground? Mundy came on for Fyfe, and clearly took his midfield spot...

yeah mate that's what I reckon... I think it seems like people who jumped of broughts last week are now putting his good performance down to fyfe's injury to heal their wounds...

but I do agree that this week there is a good chance that he will play on milne as a shutdown role...

and btw Im not thinking of trading him at all, just thought I would generate some discussion about it

From what i saw Broughton went from playing on the wing as an outside midfielder to playing on the ball as an inside midfielder when fyfe went down. Sure he was still a mid but to me it looked like his mid role changed. I guess we will see this week.

Memphistopheles

Unless you're thinking of trading him in does it matter what his role is.

If you have him you got him as a premium and should start him over a rookie. Even if you think there is a chance he might play the lockdown role on Milne.

tigers123

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 18, 2012, 03:26:10 PM
Unless you're thinking of trading him in does it matter what his role is.

If you have him you got him as a premium and should start him over a rookie. Even if you think there is a chance he might play the lockdown role on Milne.

are you inferring that I am thinking of starting a rookie over broughton?

that's possibly the stupidest suggestion I've heard in a long while... as i said before:

Quote from: tigers123 on April 18, 2012, 01:32:01 PM
Im not thinking of trading him at all, just thought I would generate some discussion about it

owenbond007

Think Broughton will kill it this week. Got a good feeling.

tigers123

Quote from: owenbond007 on April 18, 2012, 08:12:34 PM
Think Broughton will kill it this week. Got a good feeling.

we can only hope! bring on broughTON!

Andrew

LOL!!!

upthemaidens

well he'll be named in the mid-field thats a given...  then play lockity lock lock on milne  haha

unceramonius

Greak and Proterian, whateva you are called.

The real pathetic thing here is Milne actually getting away with the rape.....thats why he is hated so much.   The police officer himself said he had evidence but was told to STAND DOWN.  How about the poor girl mmm?   But because he is a footballer its ok right?

Pfffft.   The guy is a sad sad joke.  Just like Cousins...didnt violate his parole having drugs on him......lol what?

Afl players get away with too much, rape, drug trafficiking, murder next?  Jurrah nearly did it. Ooooooooh he needs the support of the club..blah blah.  So that guy who just did the exact same thing goes to jail, the support of his family means nothing.  But Milne, Jurrah, Cousins can break multiple viscious laws and the support of the club is the excuse to keep em out of prison?

lolololololoolol