Fyfe to Robinson or another premium forward and keep Palmer
4 (22.2%)
Downgrade Fyfe to Treloar or Rhys Stanley and upgrade Palmer to top premium
2 (11.1%)
Hold on to your trades ya fool!
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Possumo

Thinking about this trade at the moment, and I'm extremely tempted to do this even if Fyfe does play (due to the possibility of him getting re-injured, getting subbed etc, as everyone has mentioned in the Fyfe thread).

Currently have $29k in the kitty, 23 trades left and with my team looking as follows:

Goddard, Broughton, Shaw, Waters, Golby, Hargrave, Clarke (Ellis, Morris)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Hayes, Palmer, Magner (Coniglio, McDonald)

Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Chapman, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Lewis, D. Martin, D. Smith, A. Kennedy (Milera , Hall)

Thinking of possibly just sidewaying Fyfe of course, but it's tempting to get more of a value pick like Dangerfield, who seems to be consistent this season and should continue to play in the midfield, and then getting on Ward, who seems far more consistent than Palmer, and possibly even a keeper as a 6th mid (so in a sense I'll be going a mid-pricer to a premium), so if I want him, now is the time to get on, before the price gap between Palmer and Ward grows even bigger.

Other options are Palmer to Ebert, or perhaps even downgrading Fyfe to Rhys Stanley and getting Boyd. Really liking Ward at this stage though...

Should I hold off on both trades and just put up with Palmer and hope he keeps pumping out 90's then look to upgrade?

Would appreciate any advice, cheers.

The F.A.R.K.

do fyfe to dangerfield thats good

why palmer to ward. Palmer hasnt done that bad and ward will drop off. Ward wont be keeper come seasons end so that is a waste of trade, either downgrade palmer, upgrade to a premo or wait a few weeks til scotty t is a bit cheaper and get him.

The aim is to get as many premo keepers in as possible and early

tbagrocks

Barlow Barlow Barlow,
like the Danger idea, mabey C Cornes?

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 18, 2012, 06:04:13 AM
Barlow Barlow Barlow,
like the Danger idea, mabey C Cornes?
danger showers all over cornes

afl_freak2

WOW that trade sounds like a hge waste of 2 trades!!! i say go for it lol burn those trades boy!!!

Possumo

Hmm, yeah Ward doesn't seem to be all that popular on here, but he does seem to be chopping it up, and really, he is the only decent mid-fielder at GWS so most of their ball will be going through him. I seriously think he will average 100-110 this season, and I personally have more confidence in him than someone like Barlow to score well (but then again that's just me!).

I guess I'll just wait it out and hope Palmer keeps scoring in the 90's for the next few weeks until I can offload him for a premium. Fyfe to Danger might still be worth it though... seems to be one of the best value forward picks... will have to see how Fyfe is looking come friday.

Anyway, cheers for the advice and steering me away from Ward :P

tbagrocks

Ward will be the (Ablett, almost) when your the best of 2 of 3 midfielders in a side of rookies in scoring for GWS. 110+ very realistic
pls not: not comparing Ward to Ablett!!!!!! just what he will do for GWS in the midfield

Colliwobblers

miles will smash all of them when he comes in :)

i would hold fyfe lyons doesnt care about ANYTHING but winning, don't be fooled. until fyfe is smashed to little bits he will play.

could be wrong and say I was and you HAVE to trade....

fyfe - robbo and palmer - treloar

or

fyfe - danger or cheap as you need to get premium mid in, barlow ziebel? or go right to the elites, boyd thomo whoever

Possumo

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 19, 2012, 02:18:30 AM
Ward will be the (Ablett, almost) when your the best of 2 of 3 midfielders in a side of rookies in scoring for GWS. 110+ very realistic
pls not: not comparing Ward to Ablett!!!!!! just what he will do for GWS in the midfield

Yeah it's a tough one, I've only seen a few people rate him on here, but I personally feel that he will average a 100-110 as you say. I think I'll just be conservative and hold the trade though.

As for Fyfe, Danger or Robinson seem to be the best prospects at this stage. Decisions decisions!

Bak2Form

hold your trades for when you need them most at the end of the season

Lucastorm

This Fyfe trade is just showerting me in the forwards - I think it's particularly more difficult for people who already have robbo, sidebum etc....

Dangerfield could be a good option.

Whitcross could be good.

Keeping Fyfe could be good.

Just don't know...

thatguy

is there any hesitancy with the fact dangerfield has scored just ONE dt ton in his career? and that was v gold coast when he bagged 6.

he doesnt have a very high ceiling IMO.

just a thought.

Possumo

Quote from: thatguy on April 19, 2012, 02:38:17 PM
is there any hesitancy with the fact dangerfield has scored just ONE dt ton in his career? and that was v gold coast when he bagged 6.

just a thought.

Well since I'm already travelling pretty badly, and I'm only really concerned with league regardless, I'll take consistency over a higher ceiling any day of the week. Having said that, I'd actually say that he is due for some bigger scores, as he has been fairly average so far, yet has still scored quite well. You'd think his scoring could only improve from here.

And yes, the Fyfe dilemma is a particually difficult one, especially for league. I'd say it's more of a risk to keep him than it is to trade him to someone like Robinson (who I don't actually have), especially if you still have 23-24 trades left.

Holz

Quote from: thatguy on April 19, 2012, 02:38:17 PM

just a thought.

to be honest i dont expect him to ton up unless he is playing a team like GWS and even than he might not. To me though he seems to be good for a 75-99 score which justifies his price, i definately wouldnt trade him in and especially not for fyfe (who im keeping). Danger will stay till at least round 14, as he helps me during the byes, if i have the cash i may look at turning him into a guy like goodes.

tbagrocks

Dangerman has spent most of his career in the fwd line under Craig!
now he's the gun clearance winner at Adelaide like he should have been last year!
I know clearances don't produce score but.... their is a lot of upside to him and his numbers will steadily improve during the year as he becomes more familiar as an AFL ball winner!