Midfield - who to start?

Started by mpollock, April 17, 2012, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

My mids are currently: Ablett, Pendles, M.Murphy, Boyd, Stanton .... then i have Magner, McDonald and Shiel.
I have not idea who to start out of these last three??

I am leaning towards Magner but really unsure ...

Appreciate any help ...

GoLions

I would probably go J Mac. Older, more experienced, should produce a solid score. Magner still a good choice though, and Shiel it's hard to say whether he will explode and produce a 90+ score, or if he will get around the 40-60 mark. So probably J Mac for me.

Bones Bombers

I have the same mid rookies and think I'm going Magner cos he's playing the Dogs and should go well. Don't know if he'll get tagged?
Old Mac is only playing his second game and although I think he will be very good, we haven't seen how consistent he will be.
Shiel is improving but I would think he is behind those 2.

mpollock

Good point about Magner playing the dogs ... surely they won't tag a guy in his 4th game but who knows.  :)

McDonald led the way in rd 1 ... the other mids at GWS now have a little more experience and seem to be slowly stepping up (in SC anyway) ... this may affect his score a little.

Shiel i agree is probably behind these two ... but I have guessed my bench wrong so many times he is bound to smash it this week!!  :)

Bones Bombers

Yeah can't wait to get my  6th premo mid!
Been looking at my bye structure tho and will wait till after rd13!
Have Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Thommo and Stanton so far and looks like Murphy might be the 6th. Hmmm no Pendles or Swan. I dunno!

mpollock

Would get my 6th premium mid this week but already used up my DPP link so can't trade Fyfe out for a mid ...
Forwards and Defenders are just so hard this year ... so I will sort them out last.

I think M.Murphy over Swan is fine ... Pendles even showed last week that he is human.

Capper

i am expecting Stanton's points are about to fall, i would go Magner and Mcdonald ahead of Stanton v Bllues

mpollock

Stanton is ranked 2nd overall and you are suggesting to put him on my bench??  Crazy talk.  :)

Bones Bombers

Don't think Tabs likes any Bombers!

SydneyRox

Love Tabs - but seriously???

Jmac and Magnet for me - go with the guys who have done the job up to now.

Fantasy rookies are about playing the odds more than trying to win lotto.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Bones Bombers on April 17, 2012, 11:34:59 PM
I have the same mid rookies and think I'm going Magner cos he's playing the Dogs and should go well. Don't know if he'll get tagged?
Old Mac is only playing his second game and although I think he will be very good, we haven't seen how consistent he will be.
He's actually playing his 253rd game ;)

GWS4flag

enzedder

Quote from: Bones Bombers on April 17, 2012, 11:34:59 PM
I have the same mid rookies to choose from as well. McDonald for me...proven time and time again he can score 100s. Magner as emergency - playing Dogs and has two good scores R1&2...Shiel warming the pine- still improving.

Ringo

I have exactly the same dilema but need to start 2 of the three and thinking Magner and mcDonald.

T Dog

Quote from: mpollock on April 17, 2012, 11:58:41 PM
Would get my 6th premium mid this week but already used up my DPP link so can't trade Fyfe out for a mid ...
Forwards and Defenders are just so hard this year ... so I will sort them out last.

I think M.Murphy over Swan is fine ... Pendles even showed last week that he is human.

Havent thought of using a double trade to get the sixth mid upgrade mpoll? e.g. Fyffe to a forward rook then mid rook to premium.